'Snyder scheduling'

Kansas State and Oregon have canceled their football series scheduled for 2011 and 2012, K-State announced Tuesday.

K-State athletic director John Currie announced the decision in a letter to fans posted on K-State's website. Neither school will owe a financial penalty, he said.

The Wildcats were scheduled to open the 2011 season in Eugene, Ore., with the Ducks visiting Manhattan in 2012. Currie cited the possibility of a nine-game conference schedule as reason for the change.

"I am confident that we will reach our goal of having seven home games in 2011, but there are still a few moving parts," Currie wrote. "We are still on track to have our 2011 schedule in place and announced in the near future."

K-State still has a home-and-home series scheduled against Miami in 2011 and 2012, though you have to wonder whether those games will meet the fate of the Wildcats-Ducks series.

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Husker_Extra_Group/Husker_Extra/blog/snyder_scheduling_returns.html

Schedule changes for K-State

August, 3, 2010 Aug 312:00PM ET

By David Ubben

Bill Snyder remains consistent, to the surprise of no one.

Early this spring, Snyder told this to ESPN.com about upcoming games against Oregon and Miami in 2011 and 2012, scheduled by former coach Ron Prince:

"(Laughs) I’m not going to go to those games now, whether they remain scheduled or not. Yeah, that’s just not our philosophy in regards to scheduling. And that doesn’t help. That doesn’t assist our program," Snyder said. "You go through the season and halfway through you’ve got seven or so of the Big 12 teams are in the top 15 in the country. So you’ve got a very strength-based conference. We already play eight games in the conference. We don’t need to play the same kind of games throughout the entirety of the season."

Well, he wasn't kidding. In an announcement on the school's brand-new website, athletic director John Currie announced Kansas State's series with Oregon has been canceled, and neither team will suffer a financial penalty because the decision was mutual. Currie cited a future nine-game conference schedule as the reason for the move.

"I am confident that we will reach our goal of having seven home games in 2011, but there are still a few moving parts," Currie wrote. "We are still on track to have our 2011 schedule in place and announced in the near future."

Kansas State was set to host the Ducks to open the 2011 season before flying to Eugene, Oregon in 2012. The Wildcats are still slated to travel to Miami for the first half of a home-and-home in 2011.

As of today, the series with Miami is still scheduled to be played, but Snyder's not short on influence in Manhattan. Expect that series to face the same fate.

ESPN link

SEVEN(?) teams from one conference in the top 15? :lol:

Granny Snyder gets more hilarious with age!

I'm sorry guys, But we are the last ones to be throwing stones at weak schedules. Ours is a joke this year and next.

Which wasn't set up by any of our current administrators/staff. That was all Callahan and Pederson. Our future schedules are much different.

lol? By throwing one good team in the mix? UCLA?

They had Oregon and Miami, sorry bud, but that is harder than UCLA-Western Kentucky, Tennessee-Troy any day. Or however it shapes up.

They are cancelling all their big games. K-State and Snyder have a history of having a very weak OOC schedule, this isnt anything new.

Also, I noticed they made changes directly into the next year. Our "new" staff couldn't jump the ball and get some games? hmmm....

The Big OOC games are generally planned years in advance and would be hard to get a good game this year only a year in advance. It was Pederden that was the mastermind behind the crappy scheduling so his boy Billy C would have won easy wins.