QB Race

If Lee is not fully healed I'd rather see Martinez start.

Why Martinez over Green? I might probably agree with you, just wondering what your reasoning is. I'm really on the fence on this.

I believe in the hype

Lee is good when healthy but if he's playing like he did verse Tech I'd rather not see it.

lee will start with tmart mixed in. green will feel left out and transfer with turner and brion carnes waiting in the wings for the next few seasons. next year 2 qb system with brion and tmart. if tmart can get better at throwing the ball he will take most of the snaps. my unscientific analysis.

We will not see a two QB system. We will most likely see a Martinez package this season and if he's really lighting things up possibly a series or two per game, but the day we start going halfsies with the QB is the day our OC is probably on his way out the door because our offense is in shambles.

I don't know if this has been posted or not yet but Brion Carnes is going to be redshirting this year, maybe I'm late on this but just thought I'd post it.

In this system every QB should redshirt. Heck, in just about any system QBs should be given a chance to redshirt. How often in a stable program does a freshman come in and see any meaningful snaps in his first year? Green should have taken his shirt last year, and it's unfortunate that he didn't. Doing something like throwing him to the Oklahoma wolves and then yanking him when he makes mistakes is actually counter productive. What does that do for his confidence?

• Fire 1

I don't know if this has been posted or not yet but Brion Carnes is going to be redshirting this year, maybe I'm late on this but just thought I'd post it.

In this system every QB should redshirt. Heck, in just about any system QBs should be given a chance to redshirt. How often in a stable program does a freshman come in and see any meaningful snaps in his first year? Green should have taken his shirt last year, and it's unfortunate that he didn't. Doing something like throwing him to the Oklahoma wolves and then yanking him when he makes mistakes is actually counter productive. What does that do for his confidence?

hey, if you cannot drive the team 99 yards against ou, you deserve to be pulled.

hey, if you cannot drive the team 99 yards against ou, you deserve to be pulled.

If you can't get a drive period against OU, then you should be pulled. Green went the entire first quarter looking like a very inexperienced and young player.

If you can't get a drive period against OU, then you should be pulled. Green went the entire first quarter looking like a very inexperienced and young player.

Nothing against any of our QB's but they ALL strugled last year. Green even struggled against Baylor and not just OU. If Martinez starts this year, I just hope that he doesn't struggle like Green did against a team we should've blown out of the water by 30+ points like Baylor. Green did get us on the board against Texas Tech but struggled against them too. I sure hope that with the experience that Green saw last year against poor/good/tough competition will make him a better QB this year. I wish ALL of our QB's the best and I want the best one to start.

did green play the entire first quarter? i thought he played a series or so. my statement was mostly a joke because i thought that situation was unfair to green, and lee for that matter.

Agreed.