QB Race

Any guesses on when they will name the starter?

No indications as of yet. The only thing the coaches are giving us is that no time table exists as to when a starting quarterback is named.

My guess is whichever guy starts the Washington game and sees the most significant playing time will be our starter for Big 12 play.

thats exactly what i'm talking about though "bo knows, bo knows" "thats what they get paid for," blah blah blah..and yes, we knew who the starter was in 94...injuries don't count.

what i am saying is, if it is a DISTRACTION coming into the second or 3rd week of a season with some Championship aspirations, maybe to cut some of the guessing out, he should name a clear cut starter during the week to the first game. I can see building competition and all that, but I can also see relieving some pressure, like from a balloon thats about to pop...it can still be full and still be stretching, but it can also make it under a little less pressure and everyone is wondering when/if it will just pop in your face...look, whoever they put out there is fine with me cuz i'm sure he will be the best player. but oftentimes, it helps for the other players to know who their QB is so they can fully buy into his leadership, style, rythm, cadence, trust, etc..etc..

basically i want some continuity heading into week 2 or 3 rather than Watson pulling the same bullsh#t of 'we had to change it up week 5 cuz we didn't know what our strengths were"....i remember more than 1 HB member being pissed the last couple years cuz we had to completely revamp the offense mid season, thinking, "shouldn't have we had this figured out by saaaay, week fricking 1?"

thats exactly what i'm talking about though "bo knows, bo knows" "thats what they get paid for," blah blah blah..and yes, we knew who the starter was in 94...injuries don't count.

what i am saying is, if it is a DISTRACTION coming into the second or 3rd week of a season with some Championship aspirations, maybe to cut some of the guessing out, he should name a clear cut starter during the week to the first game. I can see building competition and all that, but I can also see relieving some pressure, like from a balloon thats about to pop...it can still be full and still be stretching, but it can also make it under a little less pressure and everyone is wondering when/if it will just pop in your face...look, whoever they put out there is fine with me cuz i'm sure he will be the best player. but oftentimes, it helps for the other players to know who their QB is so they can fully buy into his leadership, style, rythm, cadence, trust, etc..etc..

basically i want some continuity heading into week 2 or 3 rather than Watson pulling the same bullsh#t of 'we had to change it up week 5 cuz we didn't know what our strengths were"....i remember more than 1 HB member being pissed the last couple years cuz we had to completely revamp the offense mid season, thinking, "shouldn't have we had this figured out by saaaay, week fricking 1?"

it is only distracting to us, the ones who disparately need a distraction for the next almost 8 days.

it is only distracting to us, the ones who disparately need a distraction for the next almost 8 days.

I would argue that it gets under the players' skin too. Players, especially in college, almost always gives generic answers for everything. You would never think that Crick would be a very loud and boisterous guy if you just watched his interviews and read articles about him. But many of the players say he was one of the loudest guys on the team.

I'm sure the players' all have an idea in their mind of who they WANT to be quarterback. You could probably bet the the receivers want Lee because he's the better thrower, the linemen want Green or T-Mart because they'll run more, etc. etc. I'm not saying all the players think like that, but some are more individualistic than they lead themselves on to be.

I would argue that it gets under the players' skin too. Players, especially in college, almost always gives generic answers for everything. You would never think that Crick would be a very loud and boisterous guy if you just watched his interviews and read articles about him. But many of the players say he was one of the loudest guys on the team.

I'm sure the players' all have an idea in their mind of who they WANT to be quarterback. You could probably bet the the receivers want Lee because he's the better thrower, the linemen want Green or T-Mart because they'll run more, etc. etc. I'm not saying all the players think like that, but some are more individualistic than they lead themselves on to be.

why must you argue with everything i say? i would argue that you are not doing a very good job of "enhancing" (as your handle proclaims you to do) my ego.

why must you argue with everything i say? i would argue that you are not doing a very good job of "enhancing" (as your handle proclaims you to do) my ego.

I think you're a genius, sd'sker, mainly because you have Archer as your avatar.

DANGER ZONE

• Fire 1

One thing I've liked reading about is how the QBs aren't wearing the "no-contact" jerseys and that Bo & Carl have been throwing everything AND the kitchen sink at them from a defensive standpoint. I know it's just practice and scrimages, but in my opinion, that's the best way to get ready for a game. Only about a week left! I'm wishing the best of luck to whoever the starter is. GBR

One thing I've liked reading about is how the QBs aren't wearing the "no-contact" jerseys and that Bo & Carl have been throwing everything AND the kitchen sink at them from a defensive standpoint. I know it's just practice and scrimages, but in my opinion, that's the best way to get ready for a game. Only about a week left! I'm wishing the best of luck to whoever the starter is. GBR

I like it too. They need that kind of stuff if we are going to find a legitimate starter out there. Once you have a starter named, then throw the green jersey on. But I love going through the evaluation process and having these guys free to take hits.

Yes, the Rivals staff is saying they think Martinez will be our starting quarterback.

If it were me, I would run Burkhead out of the wildcat for the first series just to have fun with the media and fans laugh2.gif

the kids gonna be the starter when its all said and done. Last year no one thought he was even going to get a chance to be a QB and now he has passed up Cody and is on LEE's heals?....he must be doing something special. Even all the "experts" on here were saying he had no shot and was going to be playing D or WR. Now all the sudden he might be our starter. Kids gotta be doing something great. Let the best player play..you know BO will

• Fire 1

Big Willie laughed about this a page or three ago. Rumor was that Martinez had left the program on that mysterious day, and just a short time later he was rumored to be the starter. Now that rumor is gaining momentum daily. Funny how the rumor mill works.

There is one good thing about this whole QB debate, though. We're one week from the season opener and I have yet to see one thread asking, "When will Bo give out the Blackshirts" around here.