QB Race

"Asked about his players using Twitter, Bo said, "If people have time to follow Twittering and tweeting, they need to get a job.""

Seems a little hypocritical considering Bo has a twitter account.

you seem a bit hypocritical; your handle is 'lava', but you are not hot molten magma.

• Fire 1

Did some hunting and gathering and here is what I found:

Martinez did in fact quit on his team that Friday he missed practice. That is where the UCLA rumors began. He has since then come on strong and had a terrific week. Cody Green has had an excellent camp as well. Zac Lee has done everything that the coaches have asked him to do and has had a great camp.

What I would say is that nothing has really changed. Except the race has become tighter.

I highly... highly doubt this. If Taylor had quit , he would have been shown the door.

Just like Collins Okafor right?

Just like Chris Williams, Jon Levorson, and Mason Wald, right?

Williams had his chances. I don't know specifics about the other two, but I do know bits and pieces about Chris's story. Let's say that it was a different situation.

he is a husker, that is a pretty big dream that came true for him. :bigredn:

Its not confirmed who tweeted this. The account has been terminated apparently.

It makes you think though, if it was an imposter then it would not have been a problem. If it was Taylor I wouldn't imagine him knowing he was the starter yet. I dont think that the three of them know who it will be yet.

Martinez did in fact quit on his team that Friday he missed practice. That is where the UCLA rumors began. He has since then come on strong and had a terrific week. Cody Green has had an excellent camp as well. Zac Lee has done everything that the coaches have asked him to do and has had a great camp.

What I would say is that nothing has really changed. Except the race has become tighter.

I highly... highly doubt this. If Taylor had quit , he would have been shown the door.

Williams had his chances. I don't know specifics about the other two, but I do know bits and pieces about Chris's story. Let's say that it was a different situation.

John Leverson got booted for smoking weed. Chris Williams got the boot because he never took his rehab seriously, and was always out partying. I believe Mason Wald left cause he was homesick. Those are all TOTALLY different situations.

John Leverson got booted for smoking weed. Chris Williams got the boot because he never took his rehab seriously, and was always out partying. I believe Mason Wald left cause he was homesick. Those are all TOTALLY different situations.

There were other reasons behind Chris Williams. But I totally agree with your statement.

There were other reasons behind Chris Williams. But I totally agree with your statement.

Are you talking about the drug test rumor? I don't know if that was ever validated...but then again when is a rumor ever

Are you talking about the drug test rumor? I don't know if that was ever validated...but then again when is a rumor ever

"Rumors" like that will never be "validated" because the kids have certain rights regarding such issues. Chris Williams decided to pursue other avenues that don't have football in them.

http://huskerextra.com/articles/2010/08/25/football/doc4c747ff34e27d200507109.txt

Practice report: QB race stays hot as opener looms

Life in the Red

E-mail Story

Print

digg it!

Facebook

del.icio.us

Seed Newsvine

Fark It

Reddit Text Size: By STEVEN M. SIPPLE and BRIAN CHRISTOPHERSON / Lincoln Journal Star

Tuesday, Aug 24, 2010 - 09:37:34 pm CDT

Nebraska senior guard Keith Williams didn’t shed light Tuesday on who might be leading the Huskers’ quarterback competition.

But Williams provided a glimpse of how the three leading candidates have played in preseason practice.

Asked about redshirt freshman Taylor Martinez’s management skills and leadership in the huddle, Williams said, “He’s really improved from last year. This year in the huddle, he’s more confident. He has a ‘swag’ about him, and he’s really coming around.”

[+]Enlarge

Related Link(s):

•Video: Husker fall camp from players' perspectivesMartinez apparently enjoyed a strong performance in a scrimmage Saturday.

“He put some nice balls on the wide receivers,” Williams said.”He made some good judgments on the little (zone) read game.”

Williams also said he sees Martinez staying in the pocket in a more comfortable manner.

Meanwhile, senior Zac Lee, a 12-game starter last year, also has played well, Williams said.

“Zac is Zac,” Williams said. “He’s fun. He started last year and has that chemistry with us. He sits back there and does what he has to do.”

As for sophomore Cody Green, Williams said, “Cody’s doing great also. He has a strong arm. He’s really working on that ‘swag.’ It’s something you have to have. You have to have confidence in the huddle and be willing to take over.”