QB Race

This argument is a wash guys, Bronson Marsh is obviously going to be the starter by game 1

Very wise gmoose.

To the question posed about why Lee waz played with an injury. It should be obvious, the stafff was more comfortable with an injured lee to man the offence than they were with Green or Washington. Says a lot.

I'm serious <_<

But really I do think that says a lot as well. Another thing to consider is that we have 3 more than capable running backs, one excellent wide receiver, and 2 very good ones behind him. We need to utilize them by getting them the ball, which will be accomplished by the QB with the best arm, which is probably Zac at this point. With the healed arm, a better unit of receivers, and good or great run support all coupled with the year of experience under his belt should make him better by virtue of less pressure. He might not be more skilled or talented than last year, but I he might appear that way more so because of those things listed

• Fire 1

I spell it Martin-ez because....

And Green because after I realized I mispelled it, I figured I better stay consistent with the mispelling.

All I was saying on my point was that Lee earned it last year, but Sipple wrote tons of articles about the deep voiced hero that was Cody Greene.

Despite Lee and his crappy play/injury (chicken/egg), I think it was pretty evident that Greene was NOT ready.

If it is a wide open competition at every position, and Martin-ez is really pushing for time...great!

But if Sipple says there is 'buzz' then let's not forget the 'buzz' surrounding Greene last year.

Finally, a guy who played injured and, even through 'crappy' play, lead his team to a 10-4 record HAS been tested more then the hype guy from last year and tested more than the hype guy from this year. If Bo starts Martin-ez, I'll root for him. If Lee starts, I'll root for him. if Greene starts, I'll root for him. Hype don't pay the bills

I spell it Martin-ez because....

And Green because after I realized I mispelled it, I figured I better stay consistent with the mispelling.

All I was saying on my point was that Lee earned it last year, but Sipple wrote tons of articles about the deep voiced hero that was Cody Greene.

Despite Lee and his crappy play/injury (chicken/egg), I think it was pretty evident that Greene was NOT ready.

If it is a wide open competition at every position, and Martin-ez is really pushing for time...great!

But if Sipple says there is 'buzz' then let's not forget the 'buzz' surrounding Greene last year.

Finally, a guy who played injured and, even through 'crappy' play, lead his team to a 10-4 record HAS been tested more then the hype guy from last year and tested more than the hype guy from this year. If Bo starts Martin-ez, I'll root for him. If Lee starts, I'll root for him. if Greene starts, I'll root for him. Hype don't pay the bills

The number 1 scoring Defense had a lot more to do with the 10-4 record than the play of the QB's. Teams averaged 10 points per game against that D. 4 FG's was enough to beat most teams.

Did some hunting and gathering and here is what I found:

Martinez did in fact quit on his team that Friday he missed practice. That is where the UCLA rumors began. He has since then come on strong and had a terrific week. Cody Green has had an excellent camp as well. Zac Lee has done everything that the coaches have asked him to do and has had a great camp.

What I would say is that nothing has really changed. Except the race has become tighter.

I highly... highly doubt this. If Taylor had quit , he would have been shown the door.

Just like Collins Okafor right?

Fair enough EZ-E.

I'm very sure we'll BOTH be happy campers if either Lee or Tmart excels. I really hope I'm dead wrong about Lee even though it would mean weeks of vicious punishment from zoogies. :-)

Haha....it's almost Sept.

Hurrah!!

Or even Cody Green. ;) I apologize for how worked up I got, but this has been a very touchy subject with me because I believe we were very harsh on Zac Lee. If he would have been 100% healthy, I would be ready to give one of the other guys their chance. But I do believe under the circumstances both Watson and Lee should be given a mulligan. We have O'Hanlon one after VT :).

:cheers

Look, I definately think that the QB that comes out of the Cody Green Taylor Martinez battle alive will definately be better than Zac Lee throughout their career. I believe that they are both going to get on the field and make some big time plays this year. But with those plays are going to come moments of complete and utter stupidity that can be attributed to inexperience. With that said I want the most steady QB that is not going to make stupid mistakes and ruin it for us. We all know that the strength of this team is our defense. With that said I believe that Bo and Watson will throw the most steady QB out there that gives us the best chance to win, while not putting us in situations that will lose the game.

Which is interesting, because that's what we saw with Lee last year, but so many people seem to not want to attribute this to first-year growing pains or injury or crappy O Line or any of the other things we know were going on, but rather solely to Lee's inability to run the offense. On the flip side, they seem to be willing to allow for those same growing pains this year from first-year starters Green and/or Martinez. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

I completely agree Knapplc.

Look, I definately think that the QB that comes out of the Cody Green Taylor Martinez battle alive will definately be better than Zac Lee throughout their career. I believe that they are both going to get on the field and make some big time plays this year. But with those plays are going to come moments of complete and utter stupidity that can be attributed to inexperience. With that said I want the most steady QB that is not going to make stupid mistakes and ruin it for us. We all know that the strength of this team is our defense. With that said I believe that Bo and Watson will throw the most steady QB out there that gives us the best chance to win, while not putting us in situations that will lose the game.

Which is interesting, because that's what we saw with Lee last year, but so many people seem to not want to attribute this to first-year growing pains or injury or crappy O Line or any of the other things we know were going on, but rather solely to Lee's inability to run the offense. On the flip side, they seem to be willing to allow for those same growing pains this year from first-year starters Green and/or Martinez. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

I completely agree Knapplc.

Yeah I also agree. Lee was able to play through a lot last year and we should give him credit for that.