QB Race

did green play the entire first quarter? i thought he played a series or so. my statement was mostly a joke because i thought that situation was unfair to green, and lee for that matter.

He played until the 2nd quarter when Lee came in and threw the TD pass. I believe we had -3 yards at the end of the first quarter.

I know this probably won't happen, but if T-Mart ends up starting or being 2nd string, I'd really like for Green to take his RS year and develop a little bit more confidence. By the time he's competing for the job next year, he'll be much improved.

That said, if T-Mart ends up getting lots of snaps this year, it will be hard for Green to close that gap next year.

I know this probably won't happen, but if T-Mart ends up starting or being 2nd string, I'd really like for Green to take his RS year and develop a little bit more confidence. By the time he's competing for the job next year, he'll be much improved.

That said, if T-Mart ends up getting lots of snaps this year, it will be hard for Green to close that gap next year.

Yeah, it's a rough row to hoe for Green. It's too bad we had to burn last year for him. That's the breaks though....

Nothing against any of our QB's but they ALL strugled last year. Green even struggled against Baylor and not just OU. If Martinez starts this year, I just hope that he doesn't struggle like Green did against a team we should've blown out of the water by 30+ points like Baylor. Green did get us on the board against Texas Tech but struggled against them too. I sure hope that with the experience that Green saw last year against poor/good/tough competition will make him a better QB this year. I wish ALL of our QB's the best and I want the best one to start.

You are right. They all struggled. But as far as Green in relation to the Oklahoma game, his throws were errant and he was more of a risk turning the ball over than Zac Lee was.

did green play the entire first quarter? i thought he played a series or so. my statement was mostly a joke because i thought that situation was unfair to green, and lee for that matter.

I didn't mean the entire first quarter. I just meant the entire time he played in the first quarter. Sorry for the confusion.

Nothing against any of our QB's but they ALL strugled last year. Green even struggled against Baylor and not just OU. If Martinez starts this year, I just hope that he doesn't struggle like Green did against a team we should've blown out of the water by 30+ points like Baylor. Green did get us on the board against Texas Tech but struggled against them too. I sure hope that with the experience that Green saw last year against poor/good/tough competition will make him a better QB this year. I wish ALL of our QB's the best and I want the best one to start.

You are right. They all struggled. But as far as Green in relation to the Oklahoma game, his throws were errant and he was more of a risk turning the ball over than Zac Lee was.

I didn't mean the entire first quarter. I just meant the entire time he played in the first quarter. Sorry for the confusion.

green did look unprepared and frightened against OU. and i was just trying to clarify because i really did not remember.

I don't know if this has been posted or not yet but Brion Carnes is going to be redshirting this year, maybe I'm late on this but just thought I'd post it.

In this system every QB should redshirt. Heck, in just about any system QBs should be given a chance to redshirt. How often in a stable program does a freshman come in and see any meaningful snaps in his first year? Green should have taken his shirt last year, and it's unfortunate that he didn't. Doing something like throwing him to the Oklahoma wolves and then yanking him when he makes mistakes is actually counter productive. What does that do for his confidence?

Yeah, that 4-1 Nebraska team (whose only loss was to the defending National Champion) was pretty unstable. Shoulda kept that shirt on that Frazier guy.

Green didn't stand a chance in the OU game,

His first drive on 3rd and 6 Williams had a false start to make it 3rd and 11. Conservative QB sneak then punt

2nd drive Marcel gets a personal foul called on the first play, putting Cody in a 1st and 24 situation. 3 conservative calls later and we punt

3rd drive Marcel gets a false start, puts the O in a 2nd and 16, conservative then punt.

4th drive we get it to 3rd and 2, and Helu gets stuffed on 3rd, punt.

5th drive we went run, run, and an incompletion, punt.

Then we got the pick, and Lee threw the TD after Trey got stuffed from the 1 but OU was offsides.

Lee did nothing in that game, he ran 10 times for -13 yards, and threw 9 for 35. That means he had 19 plays and gained 22 yards.

Cody had 11 plays for 12 yards (6 runs for 8 yards and 5 passes for 4 yards).

Both were pathetic, Helu and the D won us that game, even Alex missed 43 yarder that would have made it a 2 score game (his only miss less than 50 all year).

• Fire 2

I don't know if this has been posted or not yet but Brion Carnes is going to be redshirting this year, maybe I'm late on this but just thought I'd post it.

In this system every QB should redshirt. Heck, in just about any system QBs should be given a chance to redshirt. How often in a stable program does a freshman come in and see any meaningful snaps in his first year? Green should have taken his shirt last year, and it's unfortunate that he didn't. Doing something like throwing him to the Oklahoma wolves and then yanking him when he makes mistakes is actually counter productive. What does that do for his confidence?

Yeah, that 4-1 Nebraska team (whose only loss was to the defending National Champion) was pretty unstable. Shoulda kept that shirt on that Frazier guy.

not everyone is tommie frazier...

Green didn't stand a chance in the OU game,

His first drive on 3rd and 6 Williams had a false start to make it 3rd and 11. Conservative QB sneak then punt

2nd drive Marcel gets a personal foul called on the first play, putting Cody in a 1st and 24 situation. 3 conservative calls later and we punt

3rd drive Marcel gets a false start, puts the O in a 2nd and 16, conservative then punt.

4th drive we get it to 3rd and 2, and Helu gets stuffed on 3rd, punt.

5th drive we went run, run, and an incompletion, punt.

Then we got the pick, and Lee threw the TD after Trey got stuffed from the 1 but OU was offsides.

Lee did nothing in that game, he ran 10 times for -13 yards, and threw 9 for 35. That means he had 19 plays and gained 22 yards.

Cody had 11 plays for 12 yards (6 runs for 8 yards and 5 passes for 4 yards).

Both were pathetic, Helu and the D won us that game, even Alex missed 43 yarder that would have made it a 2 score game (his only miss less than 50 all year).

+ 1 for you man, finally someone with some common sense. The guy was in HS 6 months before that and guys think he should be able to go in and compete with OU as a true freshman with the OL being penalized every drive. Finally some facts

has anyone posted something like this yet?....

By all accounts, even the normally 'coach-speak' Bo has talked excitedly about the upcoming season. He thinks we'll be better on defense, and with added depth and returning players on offense, we should be be better there too. The schedule, the preseason ranking (meaning we don't have to 'climb the charts'), the revenge factor, fan excitment, et al. mean we could be in for a huge season. It seems like everyone knows it.

So this is my point: Do we really want to have a trial-by-performance battle going on into B12 play? Do we not know, out of ALL positions who will be the best QB by say, week 2, let alone week 1? With all the factors mentioned above, wouldn't it behoove the coaching staff to 'get it figured out?' If one QB has a completely different style than another and doesn't end up starting until week 3 or 4, does that mean we will change our general offense for the THIRD time in 3 years DURING season?

If we have a real, legitimate shot at winning the B12 championship and therefore having a real, legitimate shot a playing for a NC, I personally think it should be CRYSTAL clear who is the best QB by the start of the season! Usually to even sniff NC talk, it usually happens because a team is absolutely NOT worried about who their QB is, here is a list of QBs that had NC aspirations:

Tebow, Bradford, McCoy, Frazier, Wuerffel, Crouch, Manning, Leinart, Frost, Dorsey...only Alabama last year went in with a 'ho-hum' choice last year, and he hasn't lost a game since Jr High...

I guess if we have a shot, we should find out who our starting QB is is what i'm sayin...FIGURE IT OUT

By all accounts, even the normally 'coach-speak' Bo has talked excitedly about the upcoming season. He thinks we'll be better on defense, and with added depth and returning players on offense, we should be be better there too. The schedule, the preseason ranking (meaning we don't have to 'climb the charts'), the revenge factor, fan excitment, et al. mean we could be in for a huge season. It seems like everyone knows it.

So this is my point: Do we really want to have a trial-by-performance battle going on into B12 play? Do we not know, out of ALL positions who will be the best QB by say, week 2, let alone week 1? With all the factors mentioned above, wouldn't it behoove the coaching staff to 'get it figured out?' If one QB has a completely different style than another and doesn't end up starting until week 3 or 4, does that mean we will change our general offense for the THIRD time in 3 years DURING season?

If we have a real, legitimate shot at winning the B12 championship and therefore having a real, legitimate shot a playing for a NC, I personally think it should be CRYSTAL clear who is the best QB by the start of the season! Usually to even sniff NC talk, it usually happens because a team is absolutely NOT worried about who their QB is, here is a list of QBs that had NC aspirations:

Tebow, Bradford, McCoy, Frazier, Wuerffel, Crouch, Manning, Leinart, Frost, Dorsey...only Alabama last year went in with a 'ho-hum' choice last year, and he hasn't lost a game since Jr High...

I guess if we have a shot, we should find out who our starting QB is is what i'm sayin...FIGURE IT OUT

Last I checked, we didn't know who our QB would be throughout most of 94.

BO knows, Bo knows.

BO knows, Bo knows.

yes, relax, let bo and wats run the show...that's what they get paid for.