QB Race

I think Lee starts but Tmart could get the lock down on the 2nd spot. My reasoning being he has better feet than Green and if he can throw just as good as Green then the advantage goes to Tmart because of his exceptional mobility. From what I have seen I dont think it can be very hard to throw the ball better than Green, he just isnt that great at hitting the target.

I'll take Green. Longer time in the system, feet wet, vertical passing arm. He could break a run while also throwing deep to Niles or Gill.

I was very surprised that Green never did well in the running game last year. If you take away his 49 yard run again Florida Atlantic, he had 121 yards on 30 attempts, with a 4.0 average. It's not like that is terrible, but I just expected to have more success running the football last year than he did.

I'll take Green. Longer time in the system, feet wet, vertical passing arm. He could break a run while also throwing deep to Niles or Gill.

I was very surprised that Green never did well in the running game last year. If you take away his 49 yard run again Florida Atlantic, he had 121 yards on 30 attempts, with a 4.0 average. It's not like that is terrible, but I just expected to have more success running the football last year than he did.

Dont both Green and Martinez enter the second year in Lincoln? Martinez a redshirt frosh and green a true sophmore?

Dont both Green and Martinez enter the second year in Lincoln? Martinez a redshirt frosh and green a true sophmore?

Yep I believe so. Tmart redshirted and was on the scout team last year.

And if you take away Rex Burkhead's longest run he averaged 4.07 YPC.

4 YPC is fantastic for a QB, i'm not sure why we're trying to take away runs, Cody averaged 5.48 YPC which is fantastic.

Jake Locker ran for 3.2 and 3.5 YPC the past 2 years yet people are worried about him as a threat running.

And if you take away Rex Burkhead's longest run he averaged 4.07 YPC.

4 YPC is fantastic for a QB, i'm not sure why we're trying to take away runs, Cody averaged 5.48 YPC which is fantastic.

Jake Locker ran for 3.2 and 3.5 YPC the past 2 years yet people are worried about him as a threat running.

One technique for finding averages is removing the highest and lowest numbers from your equation. For example, if you are trying to find the average of 1, 50, 52, 53, 54, 55, and 100, 100 and 1 skew the information from a more accurate average. Granted, removing those numbers makes it an incomplete average, but it shows you the common occurrence.

Like I said, Green's yard weren't terrible, I just expected him to get more.

lee will start with tmart mixed in. green will feel left out and transfer with turner and brion carnes waiting in the wings for the next few seasons. next year 2 qb system with brion and tmart. if tmart can get better at throwing the ball he will take most of the snaps. my unscientific analysis.

Enhance, that may indeed give you a more true 'average', but it also changes what qualifies as a 'good' number - since you are cutting out the best run and comparing it to our general concept of what 'good' average ypc is, which doesn't cut out the best runs.

I do agree with you though that Green isn't a consistent gainer. But he provides that home-run hitting threat, while having the arm strength that Taylor doesn't have.

Enhance, that may indeed give you a more true 'average', but it also changes what qualifies as a 'good' number - since you are cutting out the best run and comparing it to our general concept of what 'good' average ypc is, which doesn't cut out the best runs.

I do agree with you though that Green isn't a consistent gainer. But he provides that home-run hitting threat, while having the arm strength that Taylor doesn't have.

I'm not proposing the stat I mentioned should be considered the more important one. I'm merely considering it another way to look at the situation. You take out his best run, it considerably changes the stats. It's just another way to look at it and another way to think about it, nothing more.

But like I said I'm not saying Green isn't a running threat and that he sucked. I'm just pointing out what you said: he wasn't real consistent gaining yards last year and his two biggest runs came against Sun Belt opponents. I just expected him to do better, nothing more.