What If?

eoltmer

After reading an article from HI.com, my curiosity got peaked with the thought of T-Mart being the starter. I.E. HI.com article For those of you that don't have an HI account there were three occasions that players were quoted with praise for T-Mart and his improvment especially after the Saturday scrimiage. Yeah I'm thinking normal info but then HI just had to add this little tidbit about a Supposed T-Mart tweet.

Players tweeting: There was an interesting tweet posted under the user handle TaylorMartinez3 on Tuesday that appeared to come from quarterback Taylor Martinez. The tweet said "Dreams Come True When You Work Hard And Pray! T-Magic." The tweet was pulled down off Twitter on Tuesday evening and head coach Bo Pelini said he knew nothing of it. "I don't know anything about that," Pelini said. "If people have time to follow Twitter or they are 'tweeting,' than they need to get a job."

I know I know don't read to much into this but I thought eh what the heck lets ask the board some questions. With the rumors flying about Martinez what will your reaction be if he really does start over Lee & Green? What will your expectaions be for Martinez for the first few games of the season?

After reading an article from HI.com, my curiosity got peaked with the thought of T-Mart being the starter. I.E. HI.com article For those of you that don't have an HI account there were three occasions that players were quoted with praise for T-Mart and his improvment especially after the Saturday scrimiage. Yeah I'm thinking normal info but then HI just had to add this little tidbit about a Supposed T-Mart tweet.

Players tweeting: There was an interesting tweet posted under the user handle TaylorMartinez3 on Tuesday that appeared to come from quarterback Taylor Martinez. The tweet said "Dreams Come True When You Work Hard And Pray! T-Magic." The tweet was pulled down off Twitter on Tuesday evening and head coach Bo Pelini said he knew nothing of it. "I don't know anything about that," Pelini said. "If people have time to follow Twitter or they are 'tweeting,' than they need to get a job."

I know I know don't read to much into this but I thought eh what the heck lets ask the board some questions. With the rumors flying about Martinez what will your reaction be if he really does start over Lee & Green? What will your expectaions be for Martinez for the first few games of the season?

If he is the starter, given what Bo has said, it would mean that he is the best player at the QB position.

My expectations for T-Mart would be the same as Lee: Play well, minimize mistakes and win games.

• Fire 2

If he is the starter, given what Bo has said, it would mean that he is the best player at the QB position.

My expectations for T-Mart would be the same as Lee: Play well, minimize mistakes and win games.

Absolutely agree. I dont care who starts as long as they are better than Lee was last year. They have to be. We cannot afford another offensive year like last year.

If T-Mart starts, it's going to mean a lot of film room time for DCs around the Big 12. Our offense would take on a whole new look.

That could also be seen as a bad thing.

As I've said all along, I don't care who starts as long as that person gives us the best chance to win. Whether that is Green, Lee, or Martinez, I don't know.

But, I do know this. If Martinez gets the starting job it will not be because of his passing ability. He will have gotten the job because of his play-making ability with his feet and because he gives the offense the best chance to win. That could be seen as a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it.

Either way, all three of our quarterbacks would gives us a different style of offense. We just need to pick the one that wins games!

I hope we have options of "good, better, best" rather than the dismal choice of "bad, worse, and embarassing" that we had last year. Hopefully these guys have elevated each other through competition and we'll have multiple guys who can give us a much better performance than we saw last year.