What If?

eoltmer

I think it will kind of be interesting how much our offense is different if T-Mart starts. It creates a new dynamic to our offense and forces the defense to pay attention to the him. I still think Lee will be the starter but if it is T-Mart I'll be excited to see how different our offense is.

:backtotopic

What if T-Mart really does start? .... What will your expectaions be for Martinez for the first few games of the season?

If T-Mart actually gets the nod, I think there would be growing pains, but these growing pains would be vastly overshadowed by his mad skillz as a primetime playmaker. The growing pains would be an INT here and there, and learning to manage the game properly. But, I think he would provide a huge boost to our chances of getting in the endzone, instead of settling for the field goal.

My expectations for him for the first few games would be the following (provided he starts and plays at least 3 qtrs each game:

vs WKU - 40+ points

vs Idaho - 35+ points

vs Washington - 21+ points

vs SDSU - 40+ points

What if T-Mart really does start? .... What will your expectaions be for Martinez for the first few games of the season?

If T-Mart actually gets the nod, I think there would be growing pains, but these growing pains would be vastly overshadowed by his mad skillz as a primetime playmaker. The growing pains would be an INT here and there, and learning to manage the game properly. But, I think he would provide a huge boost to our chances of getting in the endzone, instead of settling for the field goal.

My expectations for him for the first few games would be the following (provided he starts and plays at least 3 qtrs each game:

vs WKU - 40+ points

vs Idaho - 35+ points

vs Washington - 21+ points

vs SDSU - 40+ points

I think even if T-Mart doesn't start we could still use him in specialty situations like around the goal line.

Or settling for 10,000 "3 & outs" like last year.

Or settling for 10,000 "3 & outs" like last year.

But on the upside we got to see Alex Henrey at least 5 times a game. Go Zac!!!

How much better does our offense really need to be? Last year, 3 points against Iowa State and 2 more against both Texas and Virginia Tech would have gotten us to 11-1, a Big XII championship, and a BCS bowl.

If our defense is close to being as good as last year, I would prefer a healthy Zac Lee as the starter with some T-magic packages thrown in.

Zac Lee is really in a tough situation. If he starts (which he will) and makes a mistake here or there people are going to be calling for Martinez or Green. If Martinez gets the call, people will allow him to make "freshmen" mistakes and be patient with him. It is the nature of fans. The back-up is always better.

To answer your question, I dont care if TMart starts if he is the best guy for the job.

So what if T-mart: First he better win but I'd be excited to know that at QB we are getting to a point when we can bring in a new QB with enough talent to come in a play at a high level. I want to see us have QB's in waiting that can take over and play at a high level.Of course getting the entire offense tuned up will help a new QB also. Breaking in a new QB should not mean you have to lose games (perhaps win some ugly) strong progarms are able to conitinue as strog programs as players come and go.

With all this discussion about who's going to start, I think it's obvious that we just need to utilize a five quarterback system:

What if we use Taylor Martinez on first downs, Cody Green on second downs, Zac Lee on third downs, and Ron Kellogg III on fourth downs. (Latravis Washington can come in on any play he feels like participating in.)