Big 10 Divisions revealed today

CornHunka

Look for Nebraska's crossover game to against Penn State. I'd rather have it be Wisconsin, but they would probably take Minnesota instead. Wisconsin vs Minnesota is one of the most storied rivalries in college football, representing the oldest and most-played rivalry in Division I-A football, with 119 editions dating back to 1890. The Golden Gophers lead the all-time series, 59-52-8.

However, Wisconsin HC Brent Bielema has lobbied for Nebraska to be their designated rival in the expanded Big 10, so this ain't over till its over.

agreed, although i was hoping as well that nebraska would be placed in the same division as wisconsin, as i thought it would develop into a natural rivalry game.

The Game is flapjacked.

Damn shame to see tOSU/Michigan broken up. I didn't think it would happen.

If they'd swap Wisconsin and Michigan, I'd say the division breakdown would be near perfect.

WOTS is:

MSU, Mich, Neb, NU, Iowa, Min

OSU, Wis, IL, IU, PSU, PU

http://www.spartanta...tim-staudt.html

The Game is flapjacked.

Damn shame to see tOSU/Michigan broken up. I didn't think it would happen.

If they'd swap Wisconsin and Michigan, I'd say the division breakdown would be near perfect.

It looks like they did it right.

The Big Ten football division alignments will include a division featuring Illinois, Indiana, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue and Wisconsin, and a division featuring Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska and Northwestern. Each school will play the other five schools within its division and will also face three teams from the other division, including one cross-division matchup guaranteed on an annual basis. The guaranteed cross-division matchups are Illinois-Northwestern, Indiana-Michigan State, Ohio State-Michigan, Penn State-Nebraska, Purdue-Iowa and Wisconsin-Minnesota. Names for each Big Ten football division will be announced at a later date. Link

I'm pretty happy with it - but I'm interested in what the Big 10 guys think.

The Big 10 got it right with these divisions. They did a far superior job than the Big 12 did when the Big 12 first came into existence back in the mid 90's.

The yearly cross-divisional rivalry game is genius, and most teams seem to have got what works best for them.

If those div are correct then Big Red has a pretty favorable road to the title game in your half of the division, asssuming the inter-division games are balanced.

Which they aren't.

The upside is that 2013-14, it is going to be an easy schedule with the absence of Ohio State and Wisconsin.

True, I understand. But I would like to look forward to a NU-UW game that year. I know I'm just whining, but oh well :hmmph

If those div are correct then Big Red has a pretty favorable road to the title game in your half of the division, asssuming the inter-division games are balanced.

Which they aren't.

The upside is that 2013-14, it is going to be an easy schedule with the absence of Ohio State and Wisconsin.

True, I understand. But I would like to look forward to a NU-UW game that year. I know I'm just whining, but oh well :hmmph

we will always have a tough schedule, but not an unfair one. iowa got out of all this a little easy, if you ask me.

we will always have a tough schedule, but not an unfair one. iowa got out of all this a little easy, if you ask me.

I will certainly not disagree with you that we got off easy. I for one am very dissapointed that they didn't at least give us Wisconsin on the rotation for the next 2 years. Wisconsin could play Iowa and Nebraska to balance out with Ohio State playing Michigan and Nebraska and then Iowa would have had Wisconsin and Penn State. Would have been much more balanced.

On the flip side - as you lose Wisconsin and Ohio State in 13 and 14 we will pick them up so it will flip on the insane crossover part.