2011 Big 10(+2) Schedule

First schedule since 1905 that Kansas hasn't appeared on. Although I'm excited... it's kinda sad. 99% of us don't know anyone that was alive when that series started.

My Great Grandmother was 100 years old when she passed away last fall. I guess when I think of it that way it is kind of sad. She was a big Husker fan and thinking every year of her life Kansas was on the schedule.

This is going to be difficult, but I think our guys match up great with most of those teams. Stout defense, power offense with a pinch of finness. Our offense might even be a little more evolved than most in the Big 10. The injuries and fatigue is what's going to trip us up.

This is a brutal schedule. I can't believe that we got the top 3 in the other division, could they not have split it up a little?

Oh well. I'm not sure about everyone else's feelings, but we will lose alot of players next year, this is gonna be a gauntlet.

They certainly wanted to welcome you to the Big 10 in a big way it appears. Starting with OSU and Wisconsin cross division and ending with Penn State, Michigan and us? Ouch. I have been wanting to play Nebraska ever since I moved to Lincoln! Stop the common opponent comparisons and just settle it on the field! Now I just have to convince my father in law to take me to the game :)

wow welcome to the Big 10... 4 of those teams are in the top 20 right now. That has to be one of the hardest schedules I have ever seen for us..We had our backfield knocked out by game 2 of conference play last year...and none of those teams look like PSU, WI, OSU, Iowa, etc. etc. we are gonna need to be deep next year. helluva schedule.

Lets not forget to throw in some good midwest football weather, prolly from the Michigan State game and following. Maybe even some cold stuff heading to Minnesota. Lots of hitting, lots of running, timely passes, forcing turnovers, good coaching, back breaker plays, tough wins, and hopefully no heartbreak losses (hopefully).

Those teams we are playing are looking at their schedules and saying wow that's a juggernaut. It's good for everyone as far as match-ups and watching championship level football. I saw it and thought, holy crap! Think everyone wanted to play us? cause they all are gonna get their shots.

Then I kinda realized it goes both ways and those big games, you bet I want to see them!

10/1- @Wisconsin

10/8- Ohio State

10/15- Bye

10/22- @Minnesota

10/29- Michigan State

11/5- Northwestern

11/12- @Penn State

11/19- @Michigan

11/26- Iowa

Wow. There must have been some maneuvering on our part to get the easier conference schedule rotation for 2013 when we play non-con Wyoming, Southern Miss, and UCLA. Can you even imagine that non-con with that conference schedule?

Pretty elite strength of schedule there.

Next year's non-conference schedule is Fresno State, Wyoming, and Washington... That's not exactly a walk in the park either.

Next year's schedule might be the toughest we've ever had... Play the true freshman this year. We're going to need them ready to go.

OK. Throughout all the QB threads I've seen Martinez referred to as a true freshman by several people. I'm not sure this post is stating that, but it made me want to comment on the other posts.

If you, the poster, thinks Martinez (or T-mart, or T-magic, or Crouch Jr) is a true freshman, please remove yourself from the discussion of who the starting QB should be. If a poster cannot read a roster, how in the world can that person assess QB talent.

end rant!!!

Hercules...the only reason I picked your post was because "freshman" was singular, but you did have "them" as a plural. Again, not attacking your post, just the people that think Martinez is fresh from high school.

Any of you Iowa fans out there have an opinion on moving our end of season game from Saturday to Friday?

For Nebraska, the day after Thanksgiving game is a long standing tradition that is near and dear to many of us. Would you guys be receptive to an annual Friday game?

I would hope that Nebraska/Iowa/ABC can work it out to be on Friday.

On a personal note... If it were changed to Saturday it wouldnt bother me as much. The reason being I have to work Friday after Thanksgiving. I end up running my ass off to get done so I can watch the game. :madash:madash:madash:madash