2011 Big 10(+2) Schedule

I....Wouldn't feel too bad.

Ohio State gets nearly the same sort of SoS. We (OSU) play Nebby, Penn St., Wisconsin and Michigan. Oh, and Miami too. That may be equal or greater than Nebraska's 2011 schedule (who is are your OOC opponents? I see Washington, but no one else?).

Truth is, 2011 will make for excellent football. Penn St., Ohio State, Michigan and NU will be playing each other which will be brutal, but equally brutal.

I....Wouldn't feel too bad.

Ohio State gets nearly the same sort of SoS. We (OSU) play Nebby, Penn St., Wisconsin and Michigan. Oh, and Miami too. That may be equal or greater than Nebraska's 2011 schedule (who is are your OOC opponents? I see Washington, but no one else?).

Truth is, 2011 will make for excellent football. Penn St., Ohio State, Michigan and NU will be playing each other which will be brutal, but equally brutal.

Yeah, fair enough. NU also plays Fresno St. and Wyoming FWIW. I'm pretty excited about the schedule to be honest.

Wow. That's the schedule I would design if I wanted Neb out of a title game and BCS bowl. Which is exactly what I predicted when I came on this board chuckleshuffle . We'll see how the future rotations shape up.

Meanwhile UoM gets 2 real games in the first 7 weeks. With Minn, IU, Ill, NW, and 3 commuter schools, even RRod's deserted office could get 7 auto-wins.

That's a 7 win schedule almost regardless of coach, well unless its Michigan. But hey, if RR keeps his job another year then we, tOSU, and penn st see the benefits.

But at least we can all look at Michigan as a win. It's not like they have been actually good like say an Appalachian state in the last few years.

Wow. That's the schedule I would design if I wanted Neb out of a title game and BCS bowl. Which is exactly what I predicted when I came on this board chuckleshuffle . We'll see how the future rotations shape up.

Meanwhile UoM gets 2 real games in the first 7 weeks. With Minn, IU, Ill, NW, and 3 commuter schools, even RRod's deserted office could get 7 auto-wins.

oh, we will be in the conference championship, do not you worry.

The permanent cross-over with Penn State will be exciting. That has to get most fans charged up. chuckleshuffle Initially if they had done it geographically we'd have Wisconsin and Illinois instead of Michigan and Mich. St. I was looking forward to going against Wisconsin every year...but can't complain...playing Michigan every year will be exciting. I think we are in the tougher division and plus we still get Penn State every year! This is a schedule that if we can go through (even with a loss) should have us in the BCS every year. Ohio State has shown they can do it. I expect us to be there. Excited for 2011...but first 2010! Git R Done!

:throwdabones1: :throwdabones1: :throwdabones1:

The permanent cross-over with Penn State will be exciting. That has to get most fans charged up. chuckleshuffle Initially if they had done it geographically we'd have Wisconsin and Illinois instead of Michigan and Mich. St. I was looking forward to going against Wisconsin every year...but can't complain...playing Michigan every year will be exciting. I think we are in the tougher division and plus we still get Penn State every year! This is a schedule that if we can go through (even with a loss) should have us in the BCS every year. Ohio State has shown they can do it. I expect us to be there. Excited for 2011...but first 2010! Git R Done!

:throwdabones1: :throwdabones1: :throwdabones1:

i actually think the divisions are pretty equal. it just depends how well wisconsin and iowa can stay up and when michigan becomes competitive again. penn st. will mean that we will always have a pretty darn tough schedule, but tOSU will usually have as tough of a schedule.

2010 will be the last time Husker haters scoff at an "easy" schedule. Even with the weakest non-conf games, our strength of sched will be in the top 40 every year starting in 2011. For that I gotta give props to the Big 10 for the way they've aligned the divisions and set top-shelf rivalries across the board. Iowa, Penn St and Michigan - if those matchups don't spell heated rivalry, I don't know what does.

It seems so much more real now! I (Ohio State alum) am so very excited! FWIW, I was just describing to my main college football friend here, a BC guy, how awesome and rational your fans are, and how you applaud other teams etc. as well. (BTW, living in NYC makes strange bedfellows for college football fans. . .) This is pretty rare for power programs. We are very psyched for the new Big Ten.

Anyway, I thought I was pretty knowledgeable about college football but did not realize the Friday after Thanksgiving thing for Nebraska was important historically. As someone said earlier, what these schedules really show right now is the weekend of the games, the day can change. Ohio State plays Marshall tonight (the season freaking begins!) and Ohio State always plays on Saturdays. I think 1997 was our last Thursday game. Anyway, this seems to show a willingness to mix things up, so I bet you get your Friday game given its importance.