Week 2 Depth Chart

HuskerNMO

On paper the Dline's 2-deep looks so solid (just as we expected). I liked what I saw from Josh Williams and Terrence Moore, but I really want to see Randle and Ankrah make big strides this game. When Camstache went down vs WKU, Ankrah made a minimal impact, and we just can't have that in our 2-deep.

I do believe Ankrah played sparingly, only coming in during a few plays in the fourth quarter. The rest of the time Williams played.

No wonder the impact was minimal. I imagine he's one those youngsters whose PT and role will continue to expand as the season progresses.

Where are Curenski and Andrew Green at? I thought Andrew was supposed to be a major contributor this year.

Word is Currenski is sidelined with a groin injury, I've heard Andrew is battling injuries also, but have no specifics.

I saw Curenski Gilleylen on the sideline in jeans and a jersey at the game. He was definitely not playing.

Where are Curenski and Andrew Green at? I thought Andrew was supposed to be a major contributor this year.

Word is Currenski is sidelined with a groin injury, I've heard Andrew is battling injuries also, but have no specifics.

I have heard that about Andrew as well. Nothing series, just nagging ones.

I saw Curenski Gilleylen on the sideline in jeans and a jersey at the game. He was definitely not playing.

I remember seeing a quick flash of him on the sideline as well.

Cam doesn't need to be starting. I understand they want to get him out there, but I am tired of this staff bringing back players before they are ready and then they end up getting injured even more. Spano is a perfect example of this.

I understand what you are saying here but I also think you are blowing it out of proportion because we have had players come back from injury (quickly) that didn't have anything bad happen to them again. Rex Burkhead last year after his broken foot is a good example. He was only out for about five weeks and then he was back for the Colorado game, a game in which he looked very impressive in the closing minutes chewing up the clock and getting a late score.

Some people think dislocation is a big deal, which in some cases it isn't. I have a friend of mine who has dislocated his shoulder so many times that he can do it on command and he doesn't feel a lick of pain. Some people have quicker healing times than others. Thus, because we are not Cam or the coaching staff, I don't think any of us can give an honest opinion as to how long somebody should be out for.

Lastly, these players would go through hell for Pelini and this staff, and they have said as much. Do you think the players would trust the coaches if they felt threatened by them?

You could have a point, if it had been the same knee.

Psssssst...it was the same knee

Backup QB Spano Tears ACL Again

mfclap.gif

Kody tore his ACL on April 13, 2009 and then had surgery either late April or early May. He was running full speed drills on August 11th, 2009 when he tore it again. That's less than 4 months from the day he tore it the first time, and between 3 to 3 1/2 months after his surgery.

Obviously the staff has given him more of a chance to recover this year, but unfortunately for Spano, due to injuries, he'll never have a chance here hmmph.gif

On paper the Dline's 2-deep looks so solid (just as we expected). I liked what I saw from Josh Williams and Terrence Moore, but I really want to see Randle and Ankrah make big strides this game. When Camstache went down vs WKU, Ankrah made a minimal impact, and we just can't have that in our 2-deep.

Offensively, I gotta say I'm interested to see what happens at LT in game 2. Both Sirles and Yoshi looked solid vs WKU, but I think they'll be tested quite a bit more vs Idaho. Let's hope they respond by giving our QB lots of time with pancake-stack.jpg

Breakfast?

Cam doesn't need to be starting. I understand they want to get him out there, but I am tired of this staff bringing back players before they are ready and then they end up getting injured even more. Spano is a perfect example of this.

How do you know he's not ready? Don't you think someone would notice if his arm wasn't working correctly? It's kind of essential to what he does.

I mean, like last year, wouldn't you think they'd notice if an IB had a bad right shoulder. It's kind of essential to what he does.

How do you know he's not ready? Don't you think someone would notice if his arm wasn't working correctly? It's kind of essential to what he does.

I mean, like last year, wouldn't you think they'd notice if an IB had a bad right shoulder. It's kind of essential to what he does.

You mean when he hardly played in the middle of the season and the bowl game? Yeah, they had no idea he was hurt.

Off Topic: I love your sig. Love the movie. Love that speech. YOU BLITZ. ALL. NIGHT!!

Now I'm going to have to watch that movie tonight.

Ok, proceed with the conversation.

I dunno about Kinnie returning kicks...

Tim Marlowe had a couple of nice KO returns last week. A pleasant surprise on special teams.

Off Topic: I love your sig. Love the movie. Love that speech. YOU BLITZ. ALL. NIGHT!!

Now I'm going to have to watch that movie tonight.

Ok, proceed with the conversation.

I dunno about Kinnie returning kicks...

Tim Marlowe had a couple of nice KO returns last week. A pleasant surprise on special teams.

I agree with the Marlowe comment. Is it just me or did he get a lot faster this year? I recall him returning kicks last year but I never thought twice about his speed.