Niles Paul

The Snork

I think he needs to sit.

No, he doesn't. He's one of our best weapons on the field. Martinez fumbled twice, badly underthrew a would be TD to McNeill and threw a horrible pick, should he sit too?

The difference is that Martinez has the ball in his hands on every play--Paul doesn't. If Paul would have touched the ball that many times.......need I say more?

What frustrates me (and I think a lot of other people) is that we can see those flashes of huge potential in the guy, but he just can't seem to get his act together and be that "go to" guy that we really need. As a senior, he should have it all together by now. I don't expect any different from him this year than what we've seen already. He is what he is.

I think he needs to sit.

No, he doesn't. He's one of our best weapons on the field. Martinez fumbled twice, badly underthrew a would be TD to McNeill and threw a horrible pick, should he sit too?

The difference is that Martinez has the ball in his hands on every play--Paul doesn't. If Paul would have touched the ball that many times.......need I say more?

What frustrates me (and I think a lot of other people) is that we can see those flashes of huge potential in the guy, but he just can't seem to get his act together and be that "go to" guy that we really need. As a senior, he should have it all together by now. I don't expect any different from him this year than what we've seen already. He is what he is.

And he ain't much. I'd take a guy with half of his physical traits who you could trust to hold on to the ball and have an IQ above the relative humidity.

Matt Davidson anyone?

I think he needs to sit.

And he ain't much. I'd take a guy with half of his physical traits who you could trust to hold on to the ball and have an IQ above the relative humidity.

Matt Davidson anyone?

I'll take one Matt Davidson over 10,000 Niles Paul's. I agree with others....Niles is a senior and he is what he is.....a fumble machine.

I still can't believe we put that guy at qb. :facepalm:

Adrian Peterson fumbles, Martinez FUMBLES he actually has more turnovers then Paul this year. You know what things happen when you are trying to make big plays, they are high risk with full speed contact down the field, pretty sure by all of your arguments that anyone that Gomez made fumble like Kerry Meier he should probably had never played after that. Or the Idaho quarterback he better never play again because he threw 5 picks. Roy should just hang it up because he fumble the ball sometimes too. Niles Paul is THE biggest threat on the team on specials teams and the passing game, he is going to get drafted so SHUT the bleep up. Your not the coach the best players play in the game on every play they are called on, Paul is the 3rd best player on the team so shut it. Plus he blocks like an absolute animal every run, just watch him he plays freakin hard, he will push the corner every time, he is very valuable in the outside run game so all you people that want to take him out, no more Marteniz long runs or at least as many. You need to watch the whole game of football and not just the guy with the ball every time, there are too many small things he does way better then ANYONE. Learn some schematic football you extremely rude people.

At what point do the drops, fumbles, and other mental errors get blamed on Ted Gilmore. Terrence Nunn was already brought up, Curenski Gilleyan, Niles Paul, Menelik Holt, Will Henry...the list goes on and on of talented WR that never developed MENTALLY as a player. That is exactly the problem we had with Callahan and his staff. Am I the only one that sees this connection?

Why is he still on this coaching staff if he can't take the talent NU has at WR and make them dominant?

Adrian Peterson fumbles, Martinez FUMBLES he actually has more turnovers then Paul this year. You know what things happen when you are trying to make big plays, they are high risk with full speed contact down the field, pretty sure by all of your arguments that anyone that Gomez made fumble like Kerry Meier he should probably had never played after that. Or the Idaho quarterback he better never play again because he threw 5 picks. Roy should just hang it up because he fumble the ball sometimes too. Niles Paul is THE biggest threat on the team on specials teams and the passing game, he is going to get drafted so SHUT the bleep up. Your not the coach the best players play in the game on every play they are called on, Paul is the 3rd best player on the team so shut it. Plus he blocks like an absolute animal every run, just watch him he plays freakin hard, he will push the corner every time, he is very valuable in the outside run game so all you people that want to take him out, no more Marteniz long runs or at least as many. You need to watch the whole game of football and not just the guy with the ball every time, there are too many small things he does way better then ANYONE. Learn some schematic football you extremely rude people.

AP fumbles and catches hell for it. Martinez has made more big plays in two games than Paul will make all year, Book it! (IBR'd). I'd have to struggle to think which big plays Paul's made that supercede his infamous performances. He's the reason NU's a running team if he's the biggest passing threat, and Mike McNeill would have something to say about that.

The best players on this team in no particular order; (since you so declared Paul up there in your smattering of run-on sentences and grammar bombs)

Helu

Burkhead

Martinez

McNeill

Crick

Steinkuhler

--Oh and if he's drafted, its late and he's cut unless his brain grows rapidly.

AP fumbles and catches hell for it. Martinez has made more big plays in two games than Paul will make all year, Book it! (IBR'd). I'd have to struggle to think which big plays Paul's made that supercede his infamous performances. He's the reason NU's a running team if he's the biggest passing threat, and Mike McNeill would have something to say about that.

The best players on this team in no particular order; (since you so declared Paul up there in your smattering of run-on sentences and grammar bombs)

Helu

Burkhead

Martinez

McNeill

Crick

Steinkuhler

I think you need to add Amukamara to that list.

Helu

Burkhead

Martinez

McNeill

Crick

Steinkuhler

Ok, I don't know what to say about the over the top dislike of Paul, but I will not sit here and say I am his biggest fan.

However, we aren't even a contender in the Texas game last year without him on special teams. Same for Kansas State, that game was huge for him. Kansas was a good game, as was Colorado. Missouri in the 4th quarter on the punt return and TD catch.

Balance that with Texas Tech and Iowa State and you have a lot of inconsistency. He is extremely lacking in mental focus, something we as a team are struggling at right now. Have for 2 years on the offensive side of the ball. Eventually, when it is many different players with mental lapses we have to think about the coaching. WR and OL are the consistent problems, as been covered substantially today on this board. Coaching in these areas may need to be addressed.

I have supported Cotton into this, his 3rd year. I'm sorry, if we can't push Idaho back on 4th and 1 when all I heard about was the OL depth and how good they were going to be this year, we have an issue. Don't get me started on Gilmore, never have been a fan. Hate to be the coach basher, but let's place the blame where it belongs on some of this stuff.

• Fire 1

At what point do the drops, fumbles, and other mental errors get blamed on Ted Gilmore. Terrence Nunn was already brought up, Curenski Gilleyan, Niles Paul, Menelik Holt, Will Henry...the list goes on and on of talented WR that never developed MENTALLY as a player. That is exactly the problem we had with Callahan and his staff. Am I the only one that sees this connection?

Why is he still on this coaching staff if he can't take the talent NU has at WR and make them dominant?

No, you're not the only one that sees this. The problem with this program, is that there is too much loyalty. You could be absolutely terrible as a coach, but that doesn't mean that you will get fired.

Sadly, I don't think that Gilmore is the biggest problem on the staff. I reserve my judgment on Barney Cotton as an offensive line coach, but if Watson leaves NU then he will become offensive coordinator. If that happens, then you can kiss our chances of a national championship goodbye.

No, you're not the only one that sees this. The problem with this program, is that there is too much loyalty. You could be absolutely terrible as a coach, but that doesn't mean that you will get fired.

Sadly, I don't think that Gilmore is the biggest problem on the staff. I reserve my judgment on Barney Cotton as an offensive line coach, but if Watson leaves NU then he will become offensive coordinator. If that happens, then you can kiss our chances of a national championship goodbye.

Why in the world does Cotton have to be the OC if SW leaves (please God!)?

Ok, I don't know what to say about the over the top dislike of Paul, but I will not sit here and say I am his biggest fan.

However, we aren't even a contender in the Texas game last year without him on special teams. Same for Kansas State, that game was huge for him. Kansas was a good game, as was Colorado. Missouri in the 4th quarter on the punt return and TD catch.

Balance that with Texas Tech and Iowa State and you have a lot of inconsistency.

His return against Va Tech helped swing the field position for us and gave us momentum. Another for the positives.

All of those moments against two. One from each game. There is no way you can honestly attempt to say his play in the Tech game cost us the win. I was at that game and the offense was beyond inept that Saturday. The ISU game fumble hurt, but so did Roy's McNiells and Trey's right?

Seriously our only DEEP THREAT PLAYMAKER outside of the hashes. And the same goes as a returner, but I figured even the blindest of Husker faithful would be able to see that the last two years

Helu

Burkhead

Martinez

McNeill

Crick

Steinkuhler

And Dennard. Maybe L. David, too.

To all the people that think that Niles should sit, (which I don't) who has proved themselves to be better?

I instead think that all of the WR's, RB's, QB's DB's or anyone else who may carry the ball should have to run stadiums for everytime that they hold the ball out with one hand especially in traffic. Whether they fumble or not make them pay for poor decisions. This is not only the Huskers all teams even in the pro's terrible.

Helu

Burkhead

Martinez

McNeill

Crick

Steinkuhler

And Dennard. Maybe L. David, too.

hello: GOMES!!!