Why NU will not win the Big 12 and the north in 2010

tman

Well I'm not sure we can't win the north, but we are going to lose a lot of games unless we improve immensely. And watching the zero u game, we will get killed if we make it to the CCg. Contrary to some optimists we do NOT have a capable D1 QB. Decent football teams will shut us down as a one dimensional team. Some of our sloppiness may be correctable, but don't look for us to have a decent passing attack.

All that matters is the 38-17 scoreboard. at the end of the day, that decides our future! and i think sloppy or not, every game we play will have Ne with more points at the end of the game and a W...look at our team last year, no offense, but yet were 4 points from being 13-1. T-magic will give us some offense and our D will do the rest.

After watching today, some problems, some positives, I would not be surprised to see Zac start next week. He manages the game, can make the passing attack work and will handle preasure better. No knock against T at all. Just a slight of hand by the staff, knocking Washington off balance for the game.

I am not as down on the team as some here. We are playing early games, with less than stellar opponents. I think the kids know that and kinda let down a little.

I see what I always want to see, the kids trying as hard as they can while the game is in doubt.

We will see a different team next week is my guess. In a lot of ways.

After watching today, some problems, some positives, I would not be surprised to see Zac start next week. He manages the game, can make the passing attack work and will handle preasure better. No knock against T at all. Just a slight of hand by the staff, knocking Washington off balance for the game.

I am not as down on the team as some here. We are playing early games, with less than stellar opponents. I think the kids know that and kinda let down a little.

I see what I always want to see, the kids trying as hard as they can while the game is in doubt.

We will see a different team next week is my guess. In a lot of ways.

While I thought the best thing all along would have been for Zac to start and Martinez to come in and dazzle with 10 Wildcat plays a game, I would be shocked if that actually happened. What a really, really unfortunate thing to do to a young QB that is going to be in our program for the next four years after all.

Zac hasn't proven to be the most accurate passer either. I know the injury but has he fully recovered? He threw a ball into the dirt in one of his few attempts last week and there was nothing complicated about that play that I remember. Bottom line is we have got to protect the football. We need to have games with 0 fumbles. You can overcome some penalties and interceptions but those fumbles are killers. We play a bad defense next week. Sure Locker can run and give our guys trouble but our D should be able to hold Washington under 30 points right? I mean if we protect the ball i'd be depressed if they scored 4 TDs.

Zac hasn't proven to be the most accurate passer either. I know the injury but has he fully recovered? He threw a ball into the dirt in one of his few attempts last week and there was nothing complicated about that play that I remember

This sort of bugs me when people keep mentioning this. Granted maybe they are right since I didn't see the play. I would like to if there's video of it somewhere.

QBs need to be in tune with their offense. They need things like rhythm and rapport. We are making judgments on Zac's abilities (he is fully healed, FWIW) based on a series where he went 3/4, for 45 yards no less. We are looking at a situation where he was tabbed a clear-cut loser in a 3-man QB race, didn't get into the game until the closing minutes with the game well in hand, and worked with the reserve unit offense.

You might also look at a one or two-series window for Taylor Martinez, where he came in again after being pulled for Green early in the 2nd quarter, and was completely ineffective against Western Kentucky. And that was with the first unit offense.

Zac got a real garbage time series last game and while there's not much to evaluate, he even put up good stats for that one, and it was a touchdown drive. That doesn't show anything positive necessarily but it's weird that people are taking negatives out of it.

I can see this year being one of those years where we have a good defense but give up quite a few points because of miscues on the offense. In succession, we put our defense in bad spots and easy opportunities for opposing offenses.

With the exception of one touchdown drive against our back-back ups, the other touchdown was off of a turnover.

Zac hasn't proven to be the most accurate passer either. I know the injury but has he fully recovered? He threw a ball into the dirt in one of his few attempts last week and there was nothing complicated about that play that I remember

This sort of bugs me when people keep mentioning this. Granted maybe they are right since I didn't see the play. I would like to if there's video of it somewhere.

QBs need to be in tune with their offense. They need things like rhythm and rapport. We are making judgments on Zac's abilities (he is fully healed, FWIW) based on a series where he went 3/4, for 45 yards no less. We are looking at a situation where he was tabbed a clear-cut loser in a 3-man QB race, didn't get into the game until the closing minutes with the game well in hand, and worked with the reserve unit offense.

You might also look at a one or two-series window for Taylor Martinez, where he came in again after being pulled for Green early in the 2nd quarter, and was completely ineffective against Western Kentucky. And that was with the first unit offense.

Zac got a real garbage time series last game and while there's not much to evaluate, he even put up good stats for that one, and it was a touchdown drive. That doesn't show anything positive necessarily but it's weird that people are taking negatives out of it.

I went back and looked at the play again. There wasn't any real pressure yet and he stepped into the throw. The reciever had just made his release and turned for the ball and it was behind and into the ground. Probably just miscommunication. I didn't watch it very close the first time. I'm not trying to dog on Zac Lee. I think he's a fine qb. He doesn't have the same run threat that can score instantly but he was clutch in the Missouri game especially the way he stood in the pocket and took the big hit on that third TD waiting for McNeil to release his block.

I still say if we see more fumbles from Martinez next week on the road Zac may see time as he has road experience.

I see no reason to believe we will not win the division. Not so sure about the conference. Never felt we were or would be the big dog in conference this year. Too much talent in the south. Nothing has changed from before the season.

The young kids are getting experience on both sides of the ball. It is needed and it takes time to get it, growing pains not only for us fans but players and coaches.

Look at the positives, learn from the negatives and work forward.

No no no no and no. We had 4 turnovers, forced 6. Thats a +2 in the turnover margin which is pretty good. We held Idaho to 176 total yards before the 98 yard drive against the back-ups. We had 10 penalties that basically tied one arm behind the offense's back (T-mart had that touchdown that was called back). We scored later, but we were sloppy.

Our D was simply tired at the end of the half otherwise Idaho would have been shut out through 2 quarters since we had run two picks back and didn't have a single offensive play in the last 8 minutes-ish.

Our Offense had 471 yards with two people over 100 yards rushing and Rex was close too (over 100 total yards).

Taylor actually had MORE rushing yards this week than last and looked decent passing. He had the one bad throw which was followed by a late break by niles on the next play. He threw one on the money to Rex later. IMO we would pass comfortably if we had to, but we don't right now so we take what they give us which was 200+ rushing yards by halftime.

We looked really impressive especially considering how ba the score could have been if Tray doesnt fumble on the one, the LT picks up the block so T doesnt fumble, and the last TD was on our 3rd stringers. (Andrew Green Sighting).

PLUS tmarts pick involved him somehow avoiding a huge rush, and staying up long enough to try and make a play which is always a good thing.

However, if we ever have 10 penalties for 123 yards again this year, I am going to sh** on an inanimate object.

Sorry, but beating a QB with an NFL future (and with 5 int's no less), and beating a team that went 8-5 last year by 21 points, idk how this can be so bad given the above reasons as well.

:rant

No no no no and no. We had 4 turnovers, forced 6. Thats a +2 in the turnover margin which is pretty good. We held Idaho to 176 total yards before the 98 yard drive against the back-ups. We had 10 penalties that basically tied one arm behind the offense's back (T-mart had that touchdown that was called back). We scored later, but we were sloppy.

Our D was simply tired at the end of the half otherwise Idaho would have been shut out through 2 quarters since we had run two picks back and didn't have a single offensive play in the last 8 minutes-ish.

Our Offense had 471 yards with two people over 100 yards rushing and Rex was close too (over 100 total yards).

Taylor actually had MORE rushing yards this week than last and looked decent passing. He had the one bad throw which was followed by a late break by niles on the next play. He threw one on the money to Rex later. IMO we would pass comfortably if we had to, but we don't right now so we take what they give us which was 200+ rushing yards by halftime.

We looked really impressive especially considering how ba the score could have been if Tray doesnt fumble on the one, the LT picks up the block so T doesnt fumble, and the last TD was on our 3rd stringers. (Andrew Green Sighting).

PLUS tmarts pick involved him somehow avoiding a huge rush, and staying up long enough to try and make a play which is always a good thing.

However, if we ever have 10 penalties for 123 yards again this year, I am going to sh** on an inanimate object.

Sorry, but beating a QB with an NFL future (and with 5 int's no less), and beating a team that went 8-5 last year by 21 points, idk how this can be so bad given the above reasons as well.

:rant

Ok, finally i see someone thinking what I was thinking. The only thing i can think is that I didn't see the game, but the way people are talking its like our offense got stymied