I dont believe the washington game will tell us that much..

Hello Husker fans. Not trolling. I just came over to see what you all were saying about the game. Frankily, I am a bit shocked at how you all are viewing this game? This is not going to be a cakewalk for the Huskers. The Huskies have the second most explosive offense in the Pac 10, after Oregon. And it isn't just Locker. They have six wideouts who could start at any pac 10 or big 10 school. Get used to the name Jermaine Kearse, you'll hear a lot of it Saturday. They also have a Sophomore RB named Chris Polk who set a Husky freshman record last year going over 1100 yds. The Huskers have not seen an offense like this yet this year. And Husky stadium is a tough place to play. Ask LSU and USC fans from last year how tough.

It is true the Husky defense isn't great, but near as I can tell, neither is the Husker offense. Seemed like your young QB had as many fumbles as completions against Idaho.

Do I think the Huskies will win? It's a long shot (the line is only 6 points - that should tell you something), but so was beating No. 4 (at the time) USC last year.

I hope your team takes this game more seriously than its fans, or it might be a sad day in Lincoln come Saturday night. This is going to be a great game. Here's to good football and no injuries.

Hey, welcome to HuskerBoard. Make yourself at home.

It's really hard to say what we're going to see Saturday. Neither team has played anyone tough yet. I haven't watched any film from your BYU or Syracuse games, but I can't help but think it's not looking good for Washington that they got beat by a team that got beat easily by Air Force.

I think you guys haven't seen a defense this year like you'll see Saturday. Locker will get pressure from just our front four, while our DBs will hang right with your WRs all game long. Locker will have to run like hell this game and pray he doesn't get smashed by our LBs - and that's when our D Line isn't taking him down. I think you guys have a pretty decent O Line, and they'll get tested all game long.

How is your O Line depth? We have a second unit at D Line that could start for about half the AQ teams out there, and that's just our second string. Not to sound boastful, but we have a hell of a defense.

Hello Husker fans. Not trolling. I just came over to see what you all were saying about the game. Frankily, I am a bit shocked at how you all are viewing this game? This is not going to be a cakewalk for the Huskers. The Huskies have the second most explosive offense in the Pac 10, after Oregon. And it isn't just Locker. They have six wideouts who could start at any pac 10 or big 10 school. Get used to the name Jermaine Kearse, you'll hear a lot of it Saturday. They also have a Sophomore RB named Chris Polk who set a Husky freshman record last year going over 1100 yds. The Huskers have not seen an offense like this yet this year. And Husky stadium is a tough place to play. Ask LSU and USC fans from last year how tough.

It is true the Husky defense isn't great, but near as I can tell, neither is the Husker offense. Seemed like your young QB had as many fumbles as completions against Idaho.

Do I think the Huskies will win? It's a long shot (the line is only 6 points - that should tell you something), but so was beating No. 4 (at the time) USC last year.

I hope your team takes this game more seriously than its fans, or it might be a sad day in Lincoln come Saturday night. This is going to be a great game. Here's to good football and no injuries.

You may be explosive against defenses in the Pac-10, but it's a whole different style in Lincoln. As for your 6 WRs that could start at any pac 10 or big 10 school, again, i have to bring up the defenses they face. We all saw what we did to Arizona last year (a team that was one of the best in the Pac-10). They didn't get past the 50 until the 2nd half. I am not trying to sound like a prick, but i think you are in for a rude awakening if you think your WRs are going to have a good day on the BEST secondary in the country. Kearse is a good receiver. No denying that, but with the BEST CB in the country, Prince Amukamara, covering him, I would be absolutely stunned if he gets over 50 yards on him. If we can keep the penalties to a minimum and hold on the football, don't expect this one to be very close in the 4th. I think we will be leading by at least 14 at the break, land the knock-out punch midway through the 3rd, and coast the rest of the way for a 31-13 win.

PS - It doesn't mean anything by saying that your RB set a "school record". That would be saying something if he played for Ohio State, Oklahoma, USC, etc, but when he plays for WASH, its not that impressive. It's a good start to his career, don't get me wrong, but that's not going to matter much with Crick and the boys on the other side of the football.

post-8625-128434985265.jpg

Yeah I don't think it's going to be an easy win. Having a freshman QB leading us into Huskie stadium is a scary thought.

• Fire 1

First off, dont get off too much by the win over the Jesus Trojans last season. Comparing that USC team to this current Nebraska team is just plain offensive. USC wound up being a very mediocre team. Ending, i just agree with everyone else when it comes to uw's offense not having any idea what they are gonna see. The Pelini have a way of shutting down the best, and the list is growing.

Washingtons defense is horrible..and besides jake locker they have nothin on offense. They already lost to byu who lost to air force by 21. Washington might be the second or third worst team in the pac 10..

Yes, and Ole Miss beat UF in 2008. We almost beat UT but lost to ISU at home.

And THAT'S why they play the game.

I am not USUALLY a hostile poster, but since we have conflicting opinions here it goes.

Sure, we may have not seen an offense like Washington's yet this year, but I don't think Washington has seen a defense comparable to ours yet either. We have quite a few defensive backs that could start at a lot of schools as well in Gomes, Prince, Dennard, Smith, Hagg, and West.

I don't think a single player on our team will be looking past this one. Did you hear Bo Pelini's press conference after the game? He will have his team ready for this one and you can take that to the bank. If Coach Sarkisian (spelling?) thought BYU was a physical football team then he is in for a real treat when NU comes to Seattle this Saturday.

IMHO a loss in this game will tell us much more than a win, unless we dominate them. Some people forget that just over a year ago this team lost EVERY game. They're still in a big transition phase. But, we should still beat them by at least two touchdowns if we minimize turnovers.

Thanks for not flaming the new guy. I was a student the last time the Huskers came to town, and the Husker fans are some of the classiest traveling fans I've seen. In Fact, I have an aerial shot of the game (the first night game at husky stadium) on my office wall. And I agree you guys have awesome secondary. I think this is going to be a great Husker D against a great UW O, And a mediocre Washington D against a Mediocre Husker O. It's going to be low scoring. In the end, I'm afraid the Huskers will just be too physical for my dawgs.

The Husky Oline is a question Mark. They looked much better last week against Cuse. Not too deep, and starting a couple of true Freshmen. I don't see though, how you just rush the D linemen. Locker is way too fast for a d lineman. The guy really is a freak of nature. I've never seen anything like him. We got off to a slow start at BYU and the special teams miscues kept in is poor field position all night. That was really a game that got away. I'm not saying you guys need to panic, but maybe a little healthy respect.

Thanks for not flaming the new guy. I was a student the last time the Huskers came to town, and the Husker fans are some of the classiest traveling fans I've seen. In Fact, I have an aerial shot of the game (the first night game at husky stadium) on my office wall. And I agree you guys have awesome secondary. I think this is going to be a great Husker D against a great UW O, And a mediocre Washington D against a Mediocre Husker O. It's going to be low scoring. In the end, I'm afraid the Huskers will just be too physical for my dawgs.

The Husky Oline is a question Mark. They looked much better last week against Cuse. Not too deep, and starting a couple of true Freshmen. I don't see though, how you just rush the D linemen. Locker is way too fast for a d lineman. The guy really is a freak of nature. I've never seen anything like him. We got off to a slow start at BYU and the special teams miscues kept in is poor field position all night. That was really a game that got away. I'm not saying you guys need to panic, but maybe a little healthy respect.

Look at what we did to Tyrod Taylor last year

Bo will cook something up. If not a D linemen then maybe our freak of an athlete Lavonte David.

First road game, hostile stadium, best QB in the country, and we're going to get their best shot... We won't learn everything about our team, but I think we'll learn a fair amount.

It's all a matter of opinion I think that andrew luck at stanford is a better qb then Jake locker.

• Fire 1

First road game, hostile stadium, best QB in the country, and we're going to get their best shot... We won't learn everything about our team, but I think we'll learn a fair amount.

:yeah

This one is going to raise everything up quite a bit. I have watched Washington enough to know they are very capable of jumping out on us early. And if they get behind, they will not go away. Would not be surprised if we have to hold Locker down on a final drive to secure this victory. My prediction is we win 27-20 in the contest thread. Very formidable test...we have to win these types of games now and not lose them like we did last couple years vs. VA Tech.

Look at what we did to Tyrod Taylor last year

And McCoy. McCoy is still probably having nightmares.