The End is Near

Hercules

Martinez has poor footwork, poor throwing mechanics, poor pocket presence and questionable decision making when pressured.

But he can throw the ball hard.

This is exactly what the 'debbie downers' have been saying. He may be our best QB, but if we have no passing threat, then that is going to potentially become a problem.

Was that the problem tonight? I was only able to listen on the radio, and obviously it was a problem, but it sounded like we couldn't run the ball at all. What was up with our O-line?

I just cant figure out how our offensive line would leave DE untouched on a zone read play and when they did attempt to block it was light push on the shoulder pad.

um.....I don't think you understand the basics of the zone read. That would be the READ in Zone Read...you read the DE's decision. He is purposely unblocked.

What we have here is a case study in why scheduling an FBS school sucks. If you lose, it's a season defining national embarrassment. If you win but it's not a blowout and there were a lot of mistakes (like today), fans are upset. If you blow them out nobody cares and you almost feel bad the opposing team since they were so hopelessly outclassed.

On the contrary, I think this was a scrimmage that was a free win and did nothing but help the team.

I don't necessarily disagree with you but at the same time I don't really get this FCS scheduling.

And here I thought I was the guy who put the turd in the punch bowl!!!!

Come on guys it is not as bad as it could have been. We could have easily lost that game. They had a TD on their second attempt and the one called back. If they had gotten those two, who knows what would have happened.

Our job now is to support them, stop the negativity and look for reasons to be excited about KState. Put this behind us. The quicker the better.

And here I thought I was the guy who put the turd in the punch bowl!!!!

Come on guys it is not as bad as it could have been. We could have easily lost that game. They had a TD on their second attempt and the one called back. If they had gotten those two, who knows what would have happened.

Our job now is to support them, stop the negativity and look for reasons to be excited about KState. Put this behind us. The quicker the better.

Uh, yeah. That's sorta why we're freaking out. :ahhhhhhhh:hellloooo:ahhhhhhhh:hellloooo

Martinez has poor footwork, poor throwing mechanics, poor pocket presence and questionable decision making when pressured.

This is exactly what the 'debbie downers' have been saying. He may be our best QB, but if we have no passing threat, then that is going to potentially become a problem.

Was that the problem tonight? I was only able to listen on the radio, and obviously it was a problem, but it sounded like we couldn't run the ball at all. What was up with our O-line?

I just cant figure out how our offensive line would leave DE untouched on a zone read play and when they did attempt to block it was light push on the shoulder pad.

um.....I don't think you understand the basics of the zone read. That would be the READ in Zone Read...you read the DE's decision. He is purposely unblocked.

ON Both sides of line though.....thats whats I was trying to get at. We had crap ton of runs that went for like negative 5 or 6 yards. Saw were Hardrick and Sirles were barely touching their guys, it didnt matter what side the zone read was going to.

this is honestly good to humble this team, especially martinez. its no fluke scoring 56 on washington. this was a horrible game. our team expected nothing out of them. we'll be fine. will our offense struggle like this against good defenses? sure, but that's what the blackshirts are there for. you can't tell me that T-Mart is actually THAT bad at throwing. the coaches aren't stupid. Lee would be starting if we knew Martinez couldn't hit a wide open receiver (Marlowe) like that. it was a terrible showing and we'll be fine.

So can Martinez throw or not? I read all these articles this week about his arm strength and accuracy, but he's very flashy. I am not expecting experience out of a redshirt freshman, but that many bad throws/interceptions against a team of that caliber, with defensive coverage of that caliber? And what's with the decision to put Green in at that point??? I still don't understand why Green goes in when he does - nothing good has come of it yet.

He was way to predictable on his throws...he was staring at the intended receiver the whole time and got picked twice because of it. There was a couple of times he should have checked down to Rex wide open in the middle, but instead he tried force the throw down field. These are things that can be fixed but need to be fixed in a hurry.

I know techinically this tread is supposed to be about the world ending or something, but I just went to Shaggybevo.com and I feel a lot better now.....I highly recommend it for anyone who happens to be a little down right now... :corndance

Phew! Thanks for that. They're having the meltdown to end all meltdowns over there. All is right with the universe again...

this is honestly good to humble this team, especially martinez. its no fluke scoring 56 on washington. this was a horrible game. our team expected nothing out of them. we'll be fine. will our offense struggle like this against good defenses? sure, but that's what the blackshirts are there for. you can't tell me that T-Mart is actually THAT bad at throwing. the coaches aren't stupid. Lee would be starting if we knew Martinez couldn't hit a wide open receiver (Marlowe) like that. it was a terrible showing and we'll be fine.

So can Martinez throw or not? I read all these articles this week about his arm strength and accuracy, but he's very flashy. I am not expecting experience out of a redshirt freshman, but that many bad throws/interceptions against a team of that caliber, with defensive coverage of that caliber? And what's with the decision to put Green in at that point??? I still don't understand why Green goes in when he does - nothing good has come of it yet.

He was way to predictable on his throws...he was staring at the intended receiver the whole time and got picked twice because of it. There was a couple of times he should have checked down to Rex wide open in the middle, but instead he tried force the throw down field. These are things that can be fixed but need to be fixed in a hurry.

Martinez definitely played like a freshman last night. I don't know if he just wasn't excited to play an FCS opponent, or if he just wasn't there mentally. Some of those interceptions had me wondering if he was even throwing it to the same team. He was called for a taunting personal foul, which was BS IMO. SDSU had a great gameplan in stopping our zone reads, which comes back to Watson. He could have made some simple adjustments at halftime. The plays that SDSU were stopping in the first quarter were still getting stopped in the 3rd/4th quarters, which tells me no adjustments were being made.

Snuffy is still the guy and I have faith in him against K-State. I have faith that Bo will have this team ready to play and have the right mentality come next Thursday night. GBR!

Hey, let's give props to SDSU, they played their game extremely well. However, WTF? How in the hell does a top ten program invite an 0-2 FBS school in and almost get thier a$$es handed to them. Bo should be P###&* and the players should be humiliated. Yes, we won on a bad day, and fortunately no one was paying any attention, but the idea that this team will play down to an opponent is an ominious sign.

Also, what the hell is wrong with Cody Green? For that matter, how bad could Zach Lee have gotten that the coachs keep sending CG out to fumble again? Seriously, was Lee hitting on Mary Pat or something? Heck let's pull mothballs off Latravis Washington or no knees Spano for mop up. CG needs to ride the pine till he gets his head out of his a**..

Hey, let's give props to SDSU, they played their game extremely well. However, WTF? How in the hell does a top ten program invite an 0-2 FBS school in and almost get thier a$$es handed to them. Bo should be P###&* and the players should be humiliated. Yes, we won on a bad day, and fortunately no one was paying any attention, but the idea that this team will play down to an opponent is an ominious sign.

Also, what the hell is wrong with Cody Green? For that matter, how bad could Zach Lee have gotten that the coachs keep sending CG out to fumble again? Seriously, was Lee hitting on Mary Pat or something? Heck let's pull mothballs off Latravis Washington or no knees Spano for mop up. CG needs to ride the pine till he gets his head out of his a**..

I agree on Cody Green. I've not been at all impressed by him and I really don't understand why Lee isn't playing at all. If T-Magic gets hurt I'd feel a lot more comfortable with Lee then Green.

I'll be second. DONT START. CALM YOUR BUTTS DOWN. WE'DA BEAT THIS TEAM BY 70 IF WE PLAYED. THE PLAYERS TOOK A DAY OFF, NOW BO'S GONNA MAKE EM PAY FOR IT. WE KNOW HOW GOOD THIS TEAM IS WHEN THEY RISE TO A CHALLENGE. Now i know it's no excuse to not show up, but it was as plain a game plan as we've ever seen, the game was won simply by talent.

plain gameplan? tmart throwing down field is not plain. he needed practice so they thought they could use this game as live practice for tmart. obviously if he cant throw against sdsu... how will he throw against good defenses? this game was a lapse of concentration but i think one thing that was proven last night was that taylor cant throw. and defenses are going to load the box and play "tmart beat us with your arm" type defense.