Did we just lose Gameday?

bbeerma2

if texas beats oklahoma we get it for sure (we need to beat ksu of course)

if oklahoma beats texas i'd still give it a 50% chance. just because its the rematch of the game of the year last year and its the last time (most likely) we play texas for a long long time. i would think that would beat out OSU Wisc. we'll see though. i also care a lot less than i did a week ago about gameday

Nobody, and I do mean, nobody cares....

Why in the hell do I need some senior citizen putting on ridiculous headgear to verify the fact that they're good...

That's debatable. I went to the USC gameday and had a great time. It's just an exciting lead up to the game. That's stupid to say you wouldn't care about being the featured game for the day. Is it a huge deal? No, but it's an enjoyable time and I sure as hell do care about having it.

Yep texas really screwed us on this one. But it doesnt really matter, I think we could stomp them, especially since UCLA made it look easier. I would love to hand Texas their 3rd loss in a row.

Yea that would be nice. I only want one thing for this game: it needs to be a night game. I hate to admit it but I will be rooting for the foghorns to beat boomer sooner next week.

Why in the hell do I need some senior citizen putting on ridiculous headgear to verify the fact that they're good...

That's debatable. I went to the USC gameday and had a great time. It's just an exciting lead up to the game. That's stupid to say you wouldn't care about being the featured game for the day. Is it a huge deal? No, but it's an enjoyable time and I sure as hell do care about having it.

Whether or not Gameday is in Lincoln, has no bearing on the fact that we're going to beat the ass off of UT....

:yeah

I would wager that many potential recruits would think it was a VERY big deal.

Whether or not Gameday is in Lincoln, has no bearing on the fact that we're going to beat the ass off of UT....

Ok so if you're comparing my emotions about gameday vs my emotions about winning the game, then yeah your right gameday isn't important. but i like getting jacked for a game that doesnt start for another 5 to 6 hours. i like hearing non-biased opinions on our team. its a fun time and like the above poster said, it cant hurt recruiting. i watch college gameday every saturday so when i get to see it happening 10 yards in front of me, i get excited. i apologize if that offends you for whatever reason

Gameday provides 3 solid hours of exposure for our program. Those of you that could care less, don't follow recruiting or the polls very closely. The gameday experience for the dozen or so highly regarded recruits would be second-to-none if CG was here. (it will still be pretty good however)

On top of that - wait until the end of the season when (insert major assumption here) we're undefeated and looking from the outside in like Auburn was not long ago. The exposure is priceless in the polls...and with the season shaping up to feature multiple undefeated teams - we need a couple big time, signature wins that are highly reported on in the media. Having gameday there for the Texas game would provide that. I doubt we can jump undefeated Alabama/Ohio St - but this would help further our cause when it comes time to jump Boise/Oregon assuming one of the top 2 loses.