Daniel Thomas will be the best RB we face this season

NUance

Daniel Thomas will be the best RB we face this season——At least until we see DeMarco Murray in the CCG. The thing is, K-State doesn’t have much of an O-line in front of Thomas. Mostly the same guys as last year. And they sucked last year.

I think the Blackshirts will shut Thomas down to well under 100 yards. And put an end to any Heisman talk for Daniel Thomas. Most of which I think is coming from Manhattan.

The threat from Thomas is his specialty is gaining medium yards against a soft middle. Nebraska has given up a couple yards up the gut and has inexperienced linebackers. I don't think that's enough to undo Pelini's genius, but it's something to keep an eye on Thursday. After Thomas you won't see a bruiser like that the rest of the stretch.

Thomas' o line is definetly weak. He makes a lot of yards on individual effort. He does pretty well out of the direct snap formation as well. It doesn't seem like the cats try to fool Ds very much.

Which leads me to believe that if we tackle well, swarm to the ball, and play sound assignment football, we can cut down a lot of his ability to improvise for extra yardage. He is good RB, no doubt. But he'll have to carry it 30 times to get meaningful yardage. If we get up early and force them to the air, we can hold him in check. Coffman sucks pretty bad and their O line isn't going to wear anyone down.

The threat from Thomas is his specialty is gaining medium yards against a soft middle. Nebraska has given up a couple yards up the gut and has inexperienced linebackers. I don't think that's enough to undo Pelini's genius, but it's something to keep an eye on Thursday. After Thomas you won't see a bruiser like that the rest of the stretch.

Yeah, I'm a little worried about our LBs too. Even so we’ve only given up three rushing TDs this year. And Daniels hasn’t seen a stiff run defense yet. So far K-State has faced UCLA (76th), Iowa St (99th), and two Granma Snyder specials: Missouri St and Central Florida.

Thomas' o line is definetly weak. He makes a lot of yards on individual effort. He does pretty well out of the direct snap formation as well. It doesn't seem like the cats try to fool Ds very much.

Which leads me to believe that if we tackle well, swarm to the ball, and play sound assignment football, we can cut down a lot of his ability to improvise for extra yardage. He is good RB, no doubt. But he'll have to carry it 30 times to get meaningful yardage. If we get up early and force them to the air, we can hold him in check. Coffman sucks pretty bad and their O line isn't going to wear anyone down.

Absolutely. If Granny Snyder tries to win this game solely on Thomas’ back, well, he is gonna get pretty beat up by the time the 4th quarter rolls around. If he even sees the 4th qtr, that is.

I admire everyone's optimism but do not think we hold DT under 100. I still think we win going away but do not have that level of confidence in our front 7 stopping the run. See Bobby Rainey, Mike? Minnett, and UW's running back beofre they HAD to throw.

I believe in my heart of hearts that Bo and Carl will have this D ready to play. I beleive we will win. I just don't beleive that we hold DT to under a hundy.

I admire everyone's optimism but do not think we hold DT under 100. I still think we win going away but do not have that level of confidence in our front 7 stopping the run. See Bobby Rainey, Mike? Minnett, and UW's running back beofre they HAD to throw.

I believe in my heart of hearts that Bo and Carl will have this D ready to play. I beleive we will win. I just don't beleive that we hold DT to under a hundy.

Agreed. Thomas rushed for 99 yards against us towards the end of last season when the D was really playing well. He'll break 100, but I doubt KSU puts up more than 10 points.

I personally fear what Thomas can do against what we have, a weak run defense. Steinkuhler and Crick have not impressed me at all this year....well the whole D-line to be honest. I look for Thomas to have a big game and at least 2 TDs unless that front steps up and gets after it. I also think that Kendall Hunter will be a handful this year.

Daniel Thomas will be the best RB we face this season——At least until we see DeMarco Murray in the CCG. The thing is, K-State doesn’t have much of an O-line in front of Thomas. Mostly the same guys as last year. And they sucked last year.

I think the Blackshirts will shut Thomas down to well under 100 yards. And put an end to any Heisman talk for Daniel Thomas. Most of which I think is coming from Manhattan.

Burkhead in practice ......... I think Murray will be better when we meet him.