Daniel Thomas will be the best RB we face this season

NUance

I personally fear what Thomas can do against what we have, a weak run defense. Steinkuhler and Crick have not impressed me at all this year....well the whole D-line to be honest. I look for Thomas to have a big game and at least 2 TDs unless that front steps up and gets after it. I also think that Kendall Hunter will be a handful this year.

We do not have a "weak run defense" I guarantee that it's gonna get alot better and when compton gets back it will be even better. We didn't have very good rush defense of numbers last year through the first 3 games.

In Bo we have the best cfb DC in the business.

I "hope" he won't be too pressed to stop their running game with our front five through seven. They haven't looked good at all at times vs the run but maybe that was due to the scheme (stop the pass). No doubt KSU is a run threat only which helps a lot.

Daniel Thomas will be the best RB we face this season——At least until we see DeMarco Murray in the CCG. The thing is, K-State doesn’t have much of an O-line in front of Thomas. Mostly the same guys as last year. And they sucked last year.

I think the Blackshirts will shut Thomas down to well under 100 yards. And put an end to any Heisman talk for Daniel Thomas. Most of which I think is coming from Manhattan.

Oh yeah nuance. Oh, I want-want-want to believe you're right!!

Daniel Thomas will be the best RB we face this season——At least until we see DeMarco Murray in the CCG. The thing is, K-State doesn’t have much of an O-line in front of Thomas. Mostly the same guys as last year. And they sucked last year.

I think the Blackshirts will shut Thomas down to well under 100 yards. And put an end to any Heisman talk for Daniel Thomas. Most of which I think is coming from Manhattan.

ya know also Bo might tweak some things to stop the run like he said in the press conference,Sometimes you have to give up something.I think that we might do something slightly different since K-state has no real threat of being able to pass the ball.

I personally fear what Thomas can do against what we have, a weak run defense. Steinkuhler and Crick have not impressed me at all this year....well the whole D-line to be honest. I look for Thomas to have a big game and at least 2 TDs unless that front steps up and gets after it. I also think that Kendall Hunter will be a handful this year.

We do not have a "weak run defense" I guarantee that it's gonna get alot better and when compton gets back it will be even better. We didn't have very good rush defense of numbers last year through the first 3 games.

Plus the numbers are skewed a bit by teams not wanting to go at our salty secondary. Even when teams are behind they're running. Of-course our rush-D needs work but it should improve as we get Martin/David up to gamespeed on their responsibilities and get Compton back.

Teams are going to get their yardage against us when all we play is a dime set. Alexander Robinson is a pretty decent back too, but on a poor team.

ya know also Bo might tweak some things to stop the run like he said in the press conference,Sometimes you have to give up something.I think that we might do something slightly different since K-state has no real threat of being able to pass the ball.

I hope so, but with the matchup zone we play, it is difficult to put 8 or 9 in the box to stuff the run, so the front 7 needs to step it up.

I expect to see more of the traditional 4-3 this week, not sure if Martin or Whaley will play MLB. Maybe Grove or May will get some time.

Plus the numbers are skewed a bit by teams not wanting to go at our salty secondary. Even when teams are behind they're running. Of-course our rush-D needs work but it should improve as we get Martin/David up to gamespeed on their responsibilities and get Compton back.

Statistically last year's run defense was "weaker" at this point in the season.

I like our chances going forward. These coaches flat out REFUSE to show their hand in the preseason. They did a little bit last year at VT and flat out dominated, save one screw up. But, after the first quarter and a half at UW, it was obvious they had now shot at playing with us and we bottled it up again.

KSU will have no answer for what we do on D. They love to get DT on the edge and wait for something to open up and then get upfield for 6-8 yards. This is what our D is all about, we have a sideline to sideline D and will stretch that crap out all night long.

I was MUCH more worried about UW than I am KSU, mainly because UW had weapons at WR, QB AND RB. KSU has a single weapon, that's it.

I watched the UCF/KSU game. UCF shut down Thomas cold. he had 75 yards against a small(250lbs average I believe) interior defensive line on 22 carries. By the 3rd quarter they were using Thomas as a decoy and trying to throw. KSU cannot throw the ball. I think we will blitz a lot, shut down Thomas, take away the run and make them pass. Game. set. match.

UCF was in the red zone something like 4 or 5 times, missed 2 FG's, etc etc. they should have shelled KSU. I think Thomas would be awesone at an Iowa, Nebraska, etc. but not at KSU.

At least against UCF, I WAS NOT impressed. I know Snyder will have the team up for the game, but If the team who showed up against Washington goes to Manhattan, I think we cover the spread.

I watched the UCF/KSU game. UCF shut down Thomas cold. he had 75 yards against a small(250lbs average I believe) interior defensive line on 22 carries. By the 3rd quarter they were using Thomas as a decoy and trying to throw. KSU cannot throw the ball. I think we will blitz a lot, shut down Thomas, take away the run and make them pass. Game. set. match.

UCF was in the red zone something like 4 or 5 times, missed 2 FG's, etc etc. they should have shelled KSU. I think Thomas would be awesone at an Iowa, Nebraska, etc. but not at KSU.

At least against UCF, I WAS NOT impressed. I know Snyder will have the team up for the game, but If the team who showed up against Washington goes to Manhattan, I think we cover the spread.

You nailed it. All UCF did was simply clog the middle and stretch their running plays out. They knew that their LB's were fast enough to run sideline to sideline and keep DT from finding any holes as they stretched it out. I see our D looking similar tomorrow night.