Stadium Expansion

If I were doing stadium expansion I would look hard at a completely new facility. It would hold no less than 115,000 people. It would have self contained training and indoor/ outdoor practice facilites, weight training, nutrition, dorms and classrooms.

Someone call Jerry Jones maybe we can build another Jerry world here in Lincoln

Finally, the view of the area from the O Street overpass and the Amtrak station.

The whole area. The "Husker Power" banner on the power substation is new as of the beginning of football season. That new building at 7th & Q is lost amid the structural elements of the Arena.

DSCF3982_zpsbd5e59fb.jpg

A more detailed view of the Arena from the south.

DSCF3987_zps85f7c23f.jpg

They've leveled off and paved the area between the Arena and the O Street overpass. In the tree in the foreground you can see my shadow. Even that looks old. Huh.

DSCF3988_zps94058598.jpg

The Arena from the area just east of the Amtrak station. It looks like a lot more of the outer structure is complete from this angle.

DSCF4005_zps50568684.jpg

A closeup of one of the workers.

DSCF3998_zps22a6fff4.jpg

Last shot of this update. I took this pic looking east back towards downtown from what will eventually be the intersection of Arena Drive and Q street.

DSCF4002_zpsbc9afaf4.jpg

Wow nothing left there, its been 20 years since I've spent anytime in Lincoln. Wasn't the main post office there at one time ??? To left of the metered parking lot. Anyhow the hay market arena is looking very nice.

Knapp tripped over his walker. Sorry Knapp, couldn't resist. Thanks for the pics. At least something exciting is happening for our program.

My thought came from a movie that knapp's about the right age for... paraphrased, of course, for relevance...

Well, with your bad back, knapp, you shouldn't be climbing any walls... it's true...

Plus 1 for first person to get the movie reference... and I know it's a bad paraphrase for the situation. Still was the first thing that came to mind. :D

How many earthquakes does Lincoln get ??? Been away for awhile but in my 21 years in Lincoln, I don't remember any.

My guess matter of time. In Norman no earthquakes for the past 25 years except suddenly two 5.0-6.0 quakes within three years (2009, 2011). Believe or not, national news. One quake was simply jolt, very quick....my first thoughts was man-made explosive or plane crash nearby or something like that. The second was typical earthquake experience, 10 to 20 seconds long. My house was apparently okay but my driveway and patio suffered a small cracks.

Wiki Richter magnitude article:

5.0–5.9 Magnitude. Moderate damage. Can cause moderate to major damage to poorly constructed buildings over small regions. At most, none to slight damage to well-designed buildings. Can be felt hundreds of miles/kilometers from the epicenter at low/lower intensity. People can report it as very strong to violent intensity tens of miles from the epicenter.

You know the strongest earthquakes in the lower United States was 1906 San Francisco quake and .............................................. Missouri !! Way back in early 19 century. Luckily very few people.