Stadium Expansion

Here's a shot of one balloon just after launch, and an inside-the-stadium shot of the expansion:

0915121248a.jpg

0915121416.jpg

Those your seats Knap?

What section? If so, you're about 20 rows in front of us. And jut to the right. I'll look for you at Michigan game. Will u be the guy in red?

0915121416.jpg

Those your seats Knap?

What section? If so, you're about 20 rows in front of us. And jut to the right. I'll look for you at Michigan game. Will u be the guy in red?

Not exactly. I took this shot as the wife and I were walking down the seats to get out. We're in row 85, Section 34. And I will definitely be at Michigan, wearing red.

You'll be able to tell it's me because I'll be the one yelling. The ugly one. ;)

If I were doing stadium expansion I would look hard at a completely new facility. It would hold no less than 115,000 people. It would have self contained training and indoor/ outdoor practice facilites, weight training, nutrition, dorms and classrooms.

Uhhh.... Or.... And I'll just throw this one out there.... We could keep the stadium that we have now that already will hold about 95000 after the expansion is done that already has all of the things that you just mentioned, with exception of the dorm rooms. You wouldn't want dorm rooms in a football facility anyways IMO.....

the difference between 95000 and 115000 in terms of revenue is around one million dollars in ticket revenue per home game.

shocking ideas often encounter resistance, correctness notwithstanding.

You're making the assumption that every one of those 115,000 tickets would be sold. Maybe that would be the case, but maybe not.

the difference between 95000 and 115000 in terms of revenue is around one million dollars in ticket revenue per home game.

shocking ideas often encounter resistance, correctness notwithstanding.

You're making the assumption that every one of those 115,000 tickets would be sold. Maybe that would be the case, but maybe not.

There's that variable, and then the fact that in order to build a brand new stadium that holds 115,000 fans, it would cost upwards of 600 Million. Who's gonna be willing to pay for that when there's a perfectly good stadium that is already large enough for our team and is also tied to over a hundred years of history? I think you would have trouble convincing a majority of people to build a new stadium because of Memorial Stadium's history even if it were free. Our fans are emotionally tied to our current stadium, me included.

Great pics, and thanks to all for sharing.

I still cannot get beyond a simple idea.

That top deck, and how cold it will be, during a night game in late November.

Seems brutal.

I'll happily watch from my couch here in Tampa.

Stadium looks great though, can't wait to see it finished. With my luck, next time I am in town, a friend will offer me seats. In the top row. In November. For a night game.

Great pics, and thanks to all for sharing.

I still cannot get beyond a simple idea.

That top deck, and how cold it will be, during a night game in late November.

Seems brutal.

I'll happily watch from my couch here in Tampa.

Stadium looks great though, can't wait to see it finished. With my luck, next time I am in town, a friend will offer me seats. In the top row. In November. For a night game.

Again, it's not like this is any higher than the pro stadiums out there. Then there is the fact that the B1G doesn't do night games in November, unless that changed this year.

I've had this feeling for a long time and can't shake it. I think this expansion will have some sort of physical failure and kill or injure many people. Goodness I hope I'm wrong.

why? Why? WHY!!??. Why even think about something like that. Before putting these thoughts into words you need to get off Grandpa's knee and put it in your mouth, k? k.

Edit-I should probably mention I'm laughing by the. Dont take it serious. It's all in good fun. We dont need another case of the flu around here. :D