Stadium Expansion

There is no sarcasm. I am from Hastings, home of the Eileens Cookie. My mom is good friends with Eileen herself. I have an addiction. There's 3 reasons I go to games. Tunnel Vision. Famous Dave's. An Eileens Cookie at a Husker game. I can watch the game on tv.

Eileen's Cookies just aren't the same from anywhere but the Hastings store....they're close though.

Just talked to one of the iron workers and the East Stadium has reached max height. No more iron going up, so from now on the pics will be more cosmetic than construction.

There's a ceremony today to commemorate the completion of the structural phase. Sadly, my invitation must have been lost in the mail.

Just talked to one of the iron workers and the East Stadium has reached max height. No more iron going up, so from now on the pics will be more cosmetic than construction.

There's a ceremony today to commemorate the completion of the structural phase. Sadly, my invitation must have been lost in the mail.

What?! Did you tell them you are, in fact, The Pineapple?!

What?! Did you tell them you are, in fact, The Pineapple?!

Well, of course he recognized me on sight. My reputation as The Pineapple precedes me.

Any idea when the concrete forms for the upper deck will be going in?

That doesn't look any more like The Shoe than any other picture of any other stadium taken from that angle. :confucius

Oh really?...

You're right. They all look the same...

Seriously. Memorial Stadium doesn't look any more/less like The Shoe than Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge.

The Shoe is a horseshoe; Memorial Stadium is encircled. The Shoe is more analogous to Camp Randall or Williams-Brice Stadium.

Usually when things like this get topped out they put a tree on top, would love to see that here.

503beab30c32c.preview-620.jpg

You know what I notice? It's pretty crazy how similar our stadium is beginning to look to the Shoe:

0911overviewshoe.jpg

It's funny that you mention that. The original construction of Memorial Stadium, in 1923, was modeled after Ohio Stadium. I'm not sure if you were insinuating that or not, if you were my apologizes for the sarcasm going right over my head.