Stadium Expansion

Thanks knap!

Will they be continuing to add bricks and parts of the outer shell of the east expansion while the season is going on, or does everything come to a complete halt?

I don't think they're completely done for the year.

I was out for a walk on Friday evening, and was about 1/2 a block from my front door, when I walked past a stone/rock cutting business. And they had about 15 pallets of cut-stone wrapped with surran-wrap, and had labels that said "UNL east stadium, section___[insert section # here]" on them -blew my mind-. Those palets are still there, but the way they sit, it makes me think they will be putting them up yet befor winter sets in. They're definitely ready for delivery. I'll keep ya'll updated, but if they don't do it this week, I could see them working on it during a bye week or the week of an away game.

Its not the brick, but the lime-stone looking stone -it doesn't look like lime-stone when you walk up to it-. The ammount that is ready for delivery looks like it could cover one of those pillar/tower looking structurs. Or maybe finish what they have left on the patio-level (if that makes sense).

Might learn a little more about these projects by attending this:

College of Architecture to present Lincoln Sports Architecture Exhibition

Office of University Communications

University of Nebraska–Lincoln

WHEN: Friday, Sep. 7, through Sep. 15

WHERE: College of Architecture, 202 Architecture Hall, 10th and R Streets (exhibit); Mary Riepma Ross Media Arts Center, 313 N. 13th St. (lecture)

Lincoln, Neb., August 28th, 2012 —

The College of Architecture at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln will present a new exhibition, "GamePlan Architecture," opening with a First Friday reception from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Sept. 7 and running through Sept. 15.

In this exhibition, visitors will get an up-to-date look at the new Pinnacle Bank Arena and Memorial Stadium's East Stadium expansion before the venues are open to the public. The exhibit details the arena and stadium designs from the beginning stages of construction and planning through final drawings. Exhibition highlights include interior details, materials facts and figures, architectural drawings, three-dimensional models and digital media images.

eaststadiumfacade2.jpg

eaststadiumaerial.jpg

pinnaclebankarena.jpg

Might learn a little more about these projects by attending this:

College of Architecture to present Lincoln Sports Architecture Exhibition

Office of University Communications

University of Nebraska–Lincoln

WHEN: Friday, Sep. 7, through Sep. 15

WHERE: College of Architecture, 202 Architecture Hall, 10th and R Streets (exhibit); Mary Riepma Ross Media Arts Center, 313 N. 13th St. (lecture)

Lincoln, Neb., August 28th, 2012 —

The College of Architecture at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln will present a new exhibition, "GamePlan Architecture," opening with a First Friday reception from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Sept. 7 and running through Sept. 15.

In this exhibition, visitors will get an up-to-date look at the new Pinnacle Bank Arena and Memorial Stadium's East Stadium expansion before the venues are open to the public. The exhibit details the arena and stadium designs from the beginning stages of construction and planning through final drawings. Exhibition highlights include interior details, materials facts and figures, architectural drawings, three-dimensional models and digital media images.

eaststadiumfacade2.jpg

eaststadiumaerial.jpg

pinnaclebankarena.jpg

the exterior of east stadium is going to look gorgeous, and the arena looks completely different from the orginal blueprint.

I posted this down in basketball too, but since we've been posting so much stuff in here about the work on both the stadium and the arena, though I'd post this article here too. Regarding the surrounding development for the arena in the Haymarket, and that they're starting construction on the block right across R St. from the arena that will house apartments, shops, at least one and maybe two restaurants, and a hotel. Link is here:

http://journalstar.com/business/local/private-development-around-arena-gets-started/article_f5e8a726-2fff-5501-b7c4-7bf6f569a36c.html

This picture from LJS is incredible.... (remember... its a subscription site... so I just included it here). There are a few more pics, but this one is too good not to share. Here is the link to the page: http://journalstar.c...f869d1f2d4.html503beab30c32c.preview-620.jpg

I've always been a little surprised that they didn't build that north end zone up a little more back in 2004 or whenever that was.

Yes, it would've been neat as hell to have a balcony of seats and then the boxes, to that of what west stadium is and then the board above all that.

So, uh, what's gonna happen with all them vendors on the east side? If I can't walk through that haze of grill burger/brat smoke before the game, there aint no way I'll be ready for kickoff. And if I cant grab an Eileens Cookie on the way in, forget it. I'm dun.

I'm starting to worry about our sellout streak. First the guy who won't be attending with his 5 friends because of the alt unifoms, and now this.

So, uh, what's gonna happen with all them vendors on the east side? If I can't walk through that haze of grill burger/brat smoke before the game, there aint no way I'll be ready for kickoff. And if I cant grab an Eileens Cookie on the way in, forget it. I'm dun.

I'm starting to worry about our sellout streak. First the guy who won't be attending with his 5 friends because of the alt unifoms, and now this.

Nah, the tickets are sold already. Doesn't matter if people show up...

Nah, the tickets are sold already. Doesn't matter if people show up...

I smelled sarcasm from his post a mile away! C'mon shark!!