Stadium Expansion

I just googled "Lincoln Arena map" or something and that came up. I enlarged it in photoshop so it was a bit easier to read. From what I can recall, that was one of the first maps disseminated, but that's a fuzzy memory.

The guy I talked to didn't have any info on anything going into those blocks, just Arena Drive. If you notice in that picture of the Arena from the SW (from the Amtrak parking lot), you can see they've leveled the dirt in anticipation of paving, by the way. Not a great angle, unfortunately. I should have taken a shot from the overpass looking down along that street. I'll have to do that next time.

Now that I know the source, and having read that message Lyons got, I have very little doubt the roof will be open.

No worries, jwhbigred. You're just passing along what you were told. I'm sure there are reasons known only to the City of Lincoln why the Hole wouldn't be allowed to have a rooftop garden while Barry's is allowed.

It would just suck to have something like this in Lincoln...

I can tell you this sure doesn't suck.

or this...

PL1.JPG?nxg_versionuid=published

Now that I know the source, and having read that message Lyons got, I have very little doubt the roof will be open.

No worries, jwhbigred. You're just passing along what you were told. I'm sure there are reasons known only to the City of Lincoln why the Hole wouldn't be allowed to have a rooftop garden while Barry's is allowed.

It would just suck to have something like this in Lincoln...

I can tell you this sure doesn't suck.

or this...

PL1.JPG?nxg_versionuid=published

So are we just going with Party on roof=cool?

• Fire 2

Isn't that power and light? I don't think that really qualifies as a roof.

yup. you're on the roof of some of those bars down there. others are just upper floor patios. still...drunk + patio + 20 foot fall = barry's roof.

I'm just being pedantic. Best night of debauchery I've ever had, what I remember of it anyways, and I didn't fall off the roof there.

Arena next. Terrible lighting for pictures today. I tried to fix them in photoshop a bit.

DSCF3882.jpg

DSCF3877.jpg

DSCF3876.jpg

DSCF3884.jpg

A couple of street work shots. The first shows the leveled ground and some of the sewer work they've done for Arena Drive. The second shows some progress on Canopy Drive, or what will be Canopy Drive in a year or so.

DSCF3888.jpg

DSCF3879.jpg

• Fire 3

Thanks knap!

Will they be continuing to add bricks and parts of the outer shell of the east expansion while the season is going on, or does everything come to a complete halt?

They'll keep working until it's done. With the exterior work so far along, during the winter they'll work on the interior stuff, then finish everything when the weather improves again during spring. If we have another winter like this past one, they'll be done early is my guess.