Stadium Expansion

What Lyons said. They've reached max height on the structure itself. Right now they're mostly working on internals, trying to get it sealed up for work this winter. Facade work is progressing, but I haven't had any time to go over there to get pics for a while, and for that I apologize.

As far as the Arena, they've got a few more roof trusses up, but not as many as I expected as quickly as the first few went up. They have the upper ironwork ring finished (upon which the roof trusses are resting), and quite a bit of the peripheral stuff (those protrusions that stick out from the side of the thing) but any pics I take right now won't look a lot different than what you've seen lately.

If I can find time I'll try to run by both places again this weekend. We'll see - no promises.

Here's a shot of one balloon just after launch, and an inside-the-stadium shot of the expansion:

0915121248a.jpg

0915121416.jpg

It's weird, I know they said the ironwork is done, yet it looks unfinished on the upper deck. Apparently there is no structural need for iron cross bars at the top of the stands all the way across, and were it comes down into that far north light. Also notice that the concrete forms are starting in front of the lights there.