Stadium Expansion

Great pics, and thanks to all for sharing.

I still cannot get beyond a simple idea.

That top deck, and how cold it will be, during a night game in late November.

Seems brutal.

I'll happily watch from my couch here in Tampa.

"We'll all stick together, in all kinds of weather, for good ol' Nebraska U!"

I visited Tampa during the bowl week last January, and I gotta say it was pretty nice, save for the cold day after the game.

Someone posted over on Huskermax that there is a sound system upgrade going along with the east stadium expansion. That is the first I have heard of this. Has anyone else heard that?

Have not heard it, but really wouldnt surprise me. Sat in upper North Saturday night-havent for a couple years-and forgot how loud the sounds are there, but almost cant hear in the south. There's no way they dont get tons of complaints regarding this issue. Why it wasnt addressed when North Stadium re-opened 6years ago I'll never know. It makes most sense to do it now with a new East, turf and now audio system. Should be nice.

Seems brutal.

I visited Tampa during the bowl week last January, and I gotta say it was pretty nice, save for the cold day after the game.

I think we found a new spot for our visitors section.

Seems brutal.

I think we found a new spot for our visitors section.

Screw that. Put the student section up there and have them scream down at the field. Students need to be on top of the opposing team the entire game.

For the record, I don't actually want this to happen.

I apologize for the small size of the pic and the bad lighting but there's only so much I can do with my old iphone. In the picture below you can see they have a large majority of the concrete exterior up on the northeast side. You can clearly see the big red "N" as well as the brickwork they are working on. On the bottom right hand corner of the stadium right where the glare hits it in the pic, they are putting glass the glass window panels in and have a lot of it done already.

IMG_1958_zps3e1f10e7.jpg

Here you can clearly see the Concrete siding and the Red "N" I was referring to above. Also, you can't see it in the picture, but above each archway where the brickwork is being done, there is a traditional Nebraska seal. The pics posted on September 17th (above) show what these seals will look like. I just think it's cool they are putting one above each archway in the brick around the entire stadium. As far as the brick work, the only brickwork that has been done is what you see in this pic and an exact same amount on the south side.

IMG_1959_zpsc0b8e10b.jpg

This was my attempt to capture a perspective of the size of this thing. It is identical in size to the West side. You can see how small the people look next to it. It is 8 stories tall with additional height in the general admission section above the floors. Also, I wasn't able to get a photo of it, but the workers are doing a lot of interior work at this time. You can see the yellow pieces in various places on this picture... a lot of the interior only needs finishing work on the first 4 floors (where the red paint is).

IMG_1960_zpsec59efc5.jpg

The interior of the stadium. As you can see... the concrete prefab has made it's way 97% of the way across for the bottom 2 rows and bottom walkway of the general admission section at the top. Our next home game isn't until 10/27... so they've got a month inbetween the Wisconsin and Michigan games to get a lot of the remaining prefab placed. It seems like they started and finished the club seat section in 2 weeks so I would think that a month would be plenty of time for them to make some major progress on this.

IMG_1966_zps949ebd44.jpg

• Fire 3