Stadium Expansion

In regards to th spacing on the north end vs the south, think of the space limitations. The track really affects the location of the steel for the support of the addition. The south end had a lot more room.

So they would build it uneven?

I am sure they would continue to wrap the steel works around to match, but the spacing limitations may have played a role when it comes to the spacing and closeness of the steel columns. If the amount of weight being supported needed X amount of columns in a certain amount of square footage, they may be closed to the existing facade on that end. That is what I was going for. In the end when it is covered and done, we'll probably never really notice. Especially from the exterior.

In regards to th spacing on the north end vs the south, think of the space limitations. The track really affects the location of the steel for the support of the addition. The south end had a lot more room.

So they would build it uneven?

I am sure they would continue to wrap the steel works around to match, but the spacing limitations may have played a role when it comes to the spacing and closeness of the steel columns. If the amount of weight being supported needed X amount of columns in a certain amount of square footage, they may be closed to the existing facade on that end. That is what I was going for. In the end when it is covered and done, we'll probably never really notice. Especially from the exterior.

I think I get what you're saying. I can't wait for them to start pouring in the concrete!

Took a bunch of pics over the weekend, but this is the first time I've had to post them. Enjoy!

DSCF1127.jpg

Your standard shot from the East.

DSCF1132.jpg

DSCF1136.jpg

A couple of shots from the SE near Avery Hall.

DSCF1141.jpg

From Ed Weir track. Not a lot of progress on this side for a while.

DSCF1145.jpg

From the plans, I believe this is the final height of the most forward part of the structure. The veranda will be atop this, then there will be the skybox structure above that, another four/five stories high.

DSCF1152.jpg

I took this to once again show how closely the structure will wrap into the old East Stadium, with the piers abutting the original structure. I would love to see them leave that original concrete exposed for offices or conference/classrooms.

DSCF1153.jpg

The circle has been completed on the north side, and they're reaching higher now, with the next tier going up as quickly as the first levels.

DSCF1157.jpg

An expanded shot of the area. The parking lot in the foreground is going to be the new public space called "The Yard" with the video cube and plaza surrounded by shops.

DSCF1172.jpg

CLICK THE PIC FOR LARGER

This is a closeup of the graphic visible on the sign in the foreground of the previous picture, showing the future development surrounding the Arena. This is a major facelift for an already cool part of town. I am very excited for this project. Lincoln life will improve tremendously when this is finished.

DSCF1164.jpg

The outer section is beginning to take shape, as the inner bowl has been largely completed.

DSCF1337.jpg

Finally, a shot of the Arena from high atop Haymarket Park.

• Fire 2

• For fans seated in the East Stadium and entering that area of the stadium, fans should be aware of changes due to construction, not all gates on East Stadium will be open and fans should follow posted signs through construction zones to available gates. Gates 22 and 23 will not be open on Saturday.

• Fire 1