Stadium Expansion

This week's updates. Stadium first.

They're getting ready to install the lights, and have them sitting on the concourse deck waiting to go in:

DSCF3253.jpg

A little different perspective than I usually post. Hopefully this shows just how immense this thing is:

DSCF3263.jpg

A couple of distance shots. Someone said a few months ago that those of us taking pictures would have to find new places to take them because this thing is getting too big. They were right. It's hard to get it all in one picture.

DSCF3271.jpg

DSCF3275.jpg

The recently-discussed new skybox on the NW corner of West Stadium, matching the box put in last year on the SW corner.

DSCF3282.jpg

DSCF3289.jpg

A pic of the video booth and new flag poles.

DSCF3293.jpg

They've got the cladding on the whole south side now. I'm betting the vast majority of the exterior is cladded by the time the season starts.

DSCF3296.jpg

• Fire 7

Next up, the Arena. But first...

Here's a quick pic of the remodeling project going on at Barry's. Not sure if any of you folks go here on gamedays, but it's a pretty popular hangout.

DSCF3305.jpg

The Arena is nearly at full height all around the circle. From the NE:

DSCF3301.jpg

From the SE:

DSCF3312.jpg

And from the SW:

DSCF3326.jpg

And a detail shot from the SW, showing some internal structure:

DSCF3334.jpg

Finally, here's the power plant/HVAC building they put in about a block south of the Arena. Pretty sure this thing is a utility building serving many purposes:

From the SE:

DSCF3309.jpg

And the West Wall, all finished up, showing the oversized A/C units on the roof:

DSCF3325.jpg

• Fire 5

it looks like they are slowing down a bit. they have not gone much higher yet from a couple weeks ago. is there a reason they are slowing down?

They really aren't slowing down. It's nearly reached max height, and they're working on other things than the superstructure. Like the Arena, at some point soon the upward growth will stop and they'll work on less sexy stuff on the interior.

At some point in the next 3-4 months these pictures are going to start all looking the same. All of the exterior, easily-visible work is going to be done and the detail/interior work will gear up, and we won't be able to see visible changes.

it looks like they are slowing down a bit. they have not gone much higher yet from a couple weeks ago. is there a reason they are slowing down?

They really aren't slowing down. It's nearly reached max height, and they're working on other things than the superstructure. Like the Arena, at some point soon the upward growth will stop and they'll work on less sexy stuff on the interior.

At some point in the next 3-4 months these pictures are going to start all looking the same. All of the exterior, easily-visible work is going to be done and the detail/interior work will gear up, and we won't be able to see visible changes.

Thanks buddy i didnt know for sure what was going on here not that construction savy so was not sure if they had to wait till something else was done before they continue upward.

another ? when are they suppose to start the devny(sorry my sp is horrible) upgrades? it looks like they wont start till after vollyball and BB season are done but they will have it done by '13 season is that even remotely possible with all they have to do?

They've already started some non-essential work. I drove by today but there's really nothing to see right now. It's all internal work, so there won't be any sexy pictures to post.

another ? when are they suppose to start the devny(sorry my sp is horrible) upgrades? it looks like they wont start till after vollyball and BB season are done but they will have it done by '13 season is that even remotely possible with all they have to do?

They've already started some non-essential work. I drove by today but there's really nothing to see right now. It's all internal work, so there won't be any sexy pictures to post.

Thanks Knapp keep up the good work i know its tough to get all these pics with a busy time.

DSCF3275.jpg

Art-drawings.jpg

So if I am comparing these correctly, they essentially have all of the ironwork complete, except for the peaks and maybe more of the general seating stands. Please correct me if I am wrong, but this is looking freaking amazing right now! Can't wait to see what the outside looks like by the time we kick off against Southern Miss!