Lavonte David is a stud

Apathy

It's a blessing to have this young athlete on our football team and he's having a tremendous year. A lot of fans have been concerned about his weight and that he should add on some more weight. At this point I don't think he does. I saw David last night run down Thomas from behind that got KSU back to the line of scrimmage, I also saw David stop Thomas dead in his tracks and back him up 2-3 yards, and I also saw David play good pass coverage.

In 5 games David has 28 solo tackles, 32 assisted, 50 TOT's, 4 TFL for 26 yds, 2 sacks for 20 yds, 3 QB hurries, and 5 pass breakups. Dude is a stud and theres a lot of games left.

Will his name be thrown in the mix of LB/Defensive awards?

His weight doesn't matter. Remember Terrell Farley? He was really lightweight for a LB and that's who David reminds me of. Or was he a safety? Or did he have no position name? Anyway, that's what David could be.

I completely agree 110%. I see nothing wrong with his weight nor do I see a reason for him to tack on some more pounds. He's lightning fast and supper strong as is....can't wait to see what he can do against Texas.

If he keeps this up he'll be up for some big time awards down the road

His weight doesn't matter. Remember Terrell Farley? He was really lightweight for a LB and that's who David reminds me of. Or was he a safety? Or did he have no position name? Anyway, that's what David could be.

The parallels between David and Farley are hard to ignore. Farley was also an undersized JUCO transfer who brought a ton of excitement to our LB corps.

I figured David would make an impact this year with all the hype surrounding him when he came in, but nobody envisioned this kind of performance. The guy is a bona fide stud.

The parallels between David and Farley are hard to ignore. Farley was also an undersized JUCO transfer who brought a ton of excitement to our LB corps.

I figured David would make an impact this year with all the hype surrounding him when he came in, but nobody envisioned this kind of performance. The guy is a bona fide stud.

I am glad he didn't slip away. I remember he took a late trip to FSU last year and I think he has a girlfriend there or something like that. He and Yoshi were kind of a package deal and I remember the staff was a little miffed at his last minute trip to FSU. What a great pickup.

Hopefully, he doesn't have to miss a few games like Farley. It's nice to see us evolve back to the smaller faster LB's. Solich early on seemed to drift away from these only later on just before he was fired evolve back to it when he brought in Hollowell and Williams. Then, Clownahan and company went back to the bigger slower LB's.