Im not blaming the loss on the officials

penalties aside; it seems if you want a timeout without actually burning one... you just have a player take a dive for a couple of minutes and then spring up and run off the field. Seems like Mack has a good formula for killing momentum with the flop for a TO game plan. God forbid a player gets hurt, but there has to be a line when player "injury" should cost something after the 4th or 5th time.

If Pelini and staff know what the hell they are doing then they will go through the game film inch by inch to see where mistakes were made. Like Reeds 1st down catch that they decided to punt right after instead of reviewing film. I mean, come on, Watson!! WTH are you looking at? I know Texas is tough and probably didn't deserve to be dropped from top 25 but Neb offensive game plan was crap!! We didn't make the right adjustments with Martinez for sure. Are we a 2 QB team? Do we need to play that card in order to confuse the other team? I tell you right now there is nothing in our offense that scares me if I were OSU. Plus, if we can't stop Gilbert running the ball, how are we going to stop Hunter and then also defend against their pass game?

I think 10-2 is feasible in the regular season but we have to beat either OSU or Missouri and then win the rest. Otherwise, we are just average...ugh...

***Our pre-season schedule is exactly why we can't win these games. We don't play tough enough teams***

And what is going to happen next year when we face average teams like Michigan and Penn State???

Damn it Huskers!! I hope you get it figured out!!

It doesn't much matter what the refs call or don't call when you drop eight different passes, three of which could have gone for TDs.

The referees are about #37 on the list of people/things/circumstances we could blame this loss on. They're so far down the list they shouldn't even be mentioned. That's how badly WE ganked this up.

It doesn't much matter what the refs call or don't call when you drop eight different passes, three of which could have gone for TDs.

The referees are about #37 on the list of people/things/circumstances we could blame this loss on. They're so far down the list they shouldn't even be mentioned. That's how badly WE ganked this up.

I like that word Knapplc, ganked.

The Thenarse facemask penalty was a facemask penalty, just very weak and questionable because they dropped the 5 yard penalty. It was a 5 yard penalty, but since that doesn't exist anymore it ended up being a 15 yarder.

And the Sirles holding, Sirles looked like he grabbed just enough of Acho's jersey to pull him off line to give Lee enough time to get the ball to Helu.

+1. I stick up for ref's more than I should because I used to be one, and I know how tough it can be to make split second decisions on whether or not to throw the flag. With replay and coaches challenges, it takes some of the errors out of the game. I was a bit surprised we didn't challenge the catch when Reed was called out of bounds. However, we didn't lose the game because of the refs. We lost the game because our focus just wasn't there. We were about as sharp as a marble Saturday. This game was very comparable to last year's Iowa State game. Niles Paul has a history of not catching the ball, but Burkhead is normally as sure handed as they come. Kinnie so far has been very sure handed. We just lacked focus.

Not to dwell on the officiating, but has anyone discussed that punt that was downed on like the 3 yard line. When they ran the replay it clearly showed the Texas player with a toe in the endzone. I also mention this because it was one of the attributes to Justin Tucker receiving the Big XII Special teams player of the week. I'd say he did a good job with multiple credits, but who else had a 95 yard punt return?

We didnt play well enough to win. But I believe that it was pre determined by Beebe that Nebraska wasnt going to win regardless.

To me, if the game was alot closer than the officating wouldve gotten worse.

The officals wanted to make sure Nebraska wasnt going to win... call me crazy but thats only reason i can come up with as bad as the officating was.

Not to dwell on the officiating, but has anyone discussed that punt that was downed on like the 3 yard line. When they ran the replay it clearly showed the Texas player with a toe in the endzone. I also mention this because it was one of the attributes to Justin Tucker receiving the Big XII Special teams player of the week. I'd say he did a good job with multiple credits, but who else had a 95 yard punt return?

You really need to know the rules before you complain about a call. This applies to the game commentators as much as you. Eventually someone clued them in that the college rule is different than the pro. The whole issue is whether the ball breaks the plane or not. The player can be almost fully in the end zone as long as the ball doesn't break the plane. That said, the ball might've broken the plane, but we never saw that view.

As for the Sirles hold, as he was toppling over backwards he grabbed the guy's jersey, enough to throw him off balance and fall. Blatant hold, and unless the guy was falling anyway, it was going to be a sack. You could call it a ticky-tack call because he didn't get much jersey or hold it long, but I don't see how anyone can say it wasn't a hold.

You really need to know the rules before you complain about a call. This applies to the game commentators as much as you. Eventually someone clued them in that the college rule is different than the pro. The whole issue is whether the ball breaks the plane or not. The player can be almost fully in the end zone as long as the ball doesn't break the plane. That said, the ball might've broken the plane, but we never saw that view.

As for the Sirles hold, as he was toppling over backwards he grabbed the guy's jersey, enough to throw him off balance and fall. Blatant hold, and unless the guy was falling anyway, it was going to be a sack. You could call it a ticky-tack call because he didn't get much jersey or hold it long, but I don't see how anyone can say it wasn't a hold.

I think a lot of the griping about that call is coming from the dozen or so pictures people have seen from the last 10-15 games where our D Line has holes ripped in their jerseys from holding that is never called.

Not sure who the Back Judge was or where he is from but he may be the worst official I have seen. On the PI against Prince the Side Judge was about 5 yards from the play watching it and called nothing, then the BJ who was standing by the goalpost throws the flag. The Side Judge just looks at him with the biggest WTF look. He was throwing flags for things he wasn't even close to and things that are not his job to look at. He was by far the worst ref on the field.