Just dreaming...

Cornfed

Just dreaming for a moment but how awesome would it be if we beat the next two ranked opponents by a lot and with some luck, fought our way to the #2 spot right behind Oklahoma before the b12c. Game of the century 3? I haven't lost hope in this season and I think we can win out.

It would be fantastic to play Oklahoma, but even beating them would not get us to the NC unless the whole world of college football folded in the next month and half.

Auburn or Bama would trump us with one loss.

Michigan State undefeated would.

Boise, TCU or Utah one, possibly two will be undefeated.

Oregon looks real good and doubtful they drop one.

In honesty I had questions if we had beaten Texas and won out. A lot would have had to happen for us to get the nod.

I know we need a lot of help but I remember a 2 loss LSU crowned champion.

At this point in the 2007 season, we were down to 5 unbeaten teams and 9 one loss teams. This year we have 10 of each. That makes it a LOT less likely that a 2 loss team will get a shot. Plus it looks very likely that Boise St and TCU or Utah will finish unbeaten, and we aren't going to pass either of them. It'll also be awfully hard to pass all of LSU/Auburn/Alabama.