T-MAGIC VERBAL LEADERSHIP!?

"The Huskers needed Martinez to be special. Going against one of the most explosive offenses in the country, Nebraska found itself in a shootout from the outset.

But Martinez never got rattled. Offensive lineman Yoshi Hardrick said he'd never seen the quarterback so in control of the huddle. Martinez wasn't just calling plays. He was constantly telling his team they were going to get it done." Quote taken from Brian Christoperson's article from HuskerExtra.com

YEAHH!!! That's what I like to hear. It's great the kid is getting confidence. I think we may have our leader on offense. Hmmm.....

"The Huskers needed Martinez to be special. Going against one of the most explosive offenses in the country, Nebraska found itself in a shootout from the outset.

But Martinez never got rattled. Offensive lineman Yoshi Hardrick said he'd never seen the quarterback so in control of the huddle. Martinez wasn't just calling plays. He was constantly telling his team they were going to get it done." Quote taken from Brian Christoperson's article from HuskerExtra.com

YEAHH!!! That's what I like to hear. It's great the kid is getting confidence. I think we may have our leader on offense. Hmmm.....

I'm not convinced he even likes his team. Watch the replay of any TD vs. OSU...there is a celebration, but not with Martinez. He goes straight to the bench. Prove me wrong.

• Fire 1

I think he had a HUGE learning experience two weeks ago when he was benched. We will see him become more like Zac Lee in the way that he will be a good leader whether in the game or out. Yesterday it was nice seeing him going up and down the sideline and talking it up with players

Another good quote from a teammate, although the article didn't say who it was from. It sure sounds like he took HUGE strides this week, not only in his game, but in his leadership role on this team. Great, great performance.

"He was definitely a lot more vocal out there and rushing us back to the huddle. Usually Taylor will just walk back to huddle, but (today) he was just being more of a leader out there. We're all happy about that."

I'm not convinced he even likes his team. Watch the replay of any TD vs. OSU...there is a celebration, but not with Martinez. He goes straight to the bench. Prove me wrong.

and based on this evidence he doesn't like his team? What's too celebrate? We were in a battle and he kept focused. Celebrate when the final wistle blows.

Haha when Taylor scores the TD himself he doesnt celebrate he runs straight to the side line...

Foppa I think you're reading way too much into it. He has a HUGE role he has to play and the way he thinks he needs to do it is the way he needs to do it. I'm sure he was celebrating with his team in the end. This kid is something special even if he has made some mistakes. Freshman don't have poise like this, freshman don't do the things he's doing. Just think where he's gonna be in a few years.

Completely disagree. Martinez is just that type of person. The kid barely celebrates his own touchdowns. It's just the type of player he is.

Yesterday was a close game that turned into a shootout thanks to a powerful (and somewhat unorthodox) OSU offense. Oklahoma State was constantly going crazy after their touchdowns and still joking it all up on the sidelines. I saw our guys staying focused after initial touchdown celebrations which is what I would prefer to see. Don't get too high and don't get too low.

Um....i saw Martinez run up to Brandon Kinnie and celebrate with him on the first TD....go watch a replay of the game sir. I think Taylor might have celebrated with his team not only on that occasion...but most TD's...i have only watched parts of the game again...but I cearly saw Taylor celebrate with his team on that first TD.