Why we will lose to Missouri

:cheers

1. I have a feeling martinez is going to make A LOT of freshman mistakes this game. MU brings a lot of different blitzes and i have a feeling he will force some throws that will get intercepted and be rattled by the pressure. Texas didnt blitz all that often while missouri does. I dont think he has seen a defense that has blitzed as much as mizou

2. I do not feel that our dline will get enough pressure on gabbert and he will have all day to throw. They do run a lot of 4wr rand 5wrr sets, that being said, I feel like gabbert will break down our d if we have to blitz to create pressure.

3. They are underdogs and most people expect them to lose which eases a lot of pressure off of them to us. I feel like we do not do as well when we are the favorites against a team.

4. Our oline isnt the greatest and i think their dline/blitzing will cause a lot of mental mistakes and missed blocking assignments. Their D has looked pretty fast.

5. We are at home.

In conclusion, I hope we beat the living tar out of missouri but i have a bad feeling folks (much like the ttech game last year and the texas game this year). I also feel the most critical aspect to this game will be the play of our dline. If they cant creat pressure by themselves then we are in for a longggg game. GBR!

Hmmm. Exactly opposite of my feelings. I am quietly confident about this game . . . I don't know why. I felt terrible about the UT game . . . and it went BADLY. Maybe me feeling confident about this game (which is rare for me by the way) portends good things?

Maybe, maybe im overreacting because i want to beat missouri into the ground. I had 5 reasons last year why we would lose to ttech (on the espn board) and they all ended up happening. Hopefully your confidence and my lackof ccnfidence could equal out and it will be a close nebraska victory! :cheers

Over

Confident

For whatever reason, everyone has been underrating this Missouri team this year.

I can tell you why.

Missouri went into College Station and absolutely dominated a decent A&M team. A&M's lone touchdown came late in the game against Missouri's second team defense.

A&M is also 4-3 and has looked very vulnerable against good and bad competition all year.

This was the same A&M team that put up almost identical offensive numbers against Oklahoma State as Nebraska did, yet held OSU to 150 fewer yards than Nebraska's defense.

Are you saying A&M's defense is better than Nebraska's because of how they performed against one team? Going by that argument, Kansas State beat UCLA, UCLA beat Texas, Texas beat Nebraska, Nebraska beat Kansas State, so Kansas State must still be better than Nebraska.

Other reasons why Missouri might win:

1) Missouri is the better team. They have a better record than Nebraska and have played a tougher schedule.

You have no losses, which is commendable. But, you beat an Oklahoma team that shouldn't have been number one in the first place and you beat them at home in a night game. Oklahoma drove down the field twice on Missouri and failed to score touchdowns because of their own mistakes. Oklahoma probably wins that game 8 or 9 times out of 10.

2) Turnovers. If Missouri wins the turnover battle, they are almost impossible to beat. Despite playing tougher competition, Missouri has a more impressive turnover margin than this Nebraska team.

Fair point there

3) Sagarin predicts a dead-even tie between these two teams. If this game goes to overtime, huge advantage to Missouri. National Rankings for Red Zone Offense (Missouri: 26, Nebraska: 81) Red Zone Defense (Missouri: 1, Nebraska: 81).

Another fair point.

I'm not trying to berate Missouri, but there will ALWAYS be naysayers no matter how good a team is, and people will ALWAYS find reasons to harp on another team. Those things I listed above are just some reasons why people question Missouri. They were also minutes away from losing to a DII school and didn't look overly impressive in the non-conference.

The truth of the matter is that the end of the season is the only real way to judge a team. During the season, anything can happen. Greatness or ability can really only be judged when it's all over. If Missouri were to lose three games from this point out, then what would this conversation have been for?

• Fire 2

Over

Confident

For whatever reason, everyone has been underrating this Missouri team this year.

I can tell you why.

Missouri went into College Station and absolutely dominated a decent A&M team. A&M's lone touchdown came late in the game against Missouri's second team defense.

A&M is also 4-3 and has looked very vulnerable against good and bad competition all year.

This was the same A&M team that put up almost identical offensive numbers against Oklahoma State as Nebraska did, yet held OSU to 150 fewer yards than Nebraska's defense.

Are you saying A&M's defense is better than Nebraska's because of how they performed against one team? Going by that argument, Kansas State beat UCLA, UCLA beat Texas, Texas beat Nebraska, Nebraska beat Kansas State, so Kansas State must still be better than Nebraska.

Other reasons why Missouri might win:

1) Missouri is the better team. They have a better record than Nebraska and have played a tougher schedule.

You have no losses, which is commendable. But, you beat an Oklahoma team that shouldn't have been number one in the first place and you beat them at home in a night game. Oklahoma drove down the field twice on Missouri and failed to score touchdowns because of their own mistakes. Oklahoma probably wins that game 8 or 9 times out of 10.

2) Turnovers. If Missouri wins the turnover battle, they are almost impossible to beat. Despite playing tougher competition, Missouri has a more impressive turnover margin than this Nebraska team.

Fair point there

3) Sagarin predicts a dead-even tie between these two teams. If this game goes to overtime, huge advantage to Missouri. National Rankings for Red Zone Offense (Missouri: 26, Nebraska: 81) Red Zone Defense (Missouri: 1, Nebraska: 81).

Another fair point.

I'm not trying to berate Missouri, but there will ALWAYS be naysayers no matter how good a team is, and people will ALWAYS find reasons to harp on another team. Those things I listed above are just some reasons why people question Missouri. They were also minutes away from losing to a DII school and didn't look overly impressive in the non-conference.

The truth of the matter is that the end of the season is the only real way to judge a team. During the season, anything can happen. Greatness or ability can really only be judged when it's all over. If Missouri were to lose three games from this point out, then what would this conversation have been for?

Bringing the heat!! +1

heres my honest question.

I have watched a good number of NE games this year and NE has not been able to generate much pressure at all on QB's. And as about 20 different posters have mentioned they believe the key is to pressure Gabbert. Then they go on to declair a Nebraska victory, most by double digits. Well my qusetion is, Mu possibly has the best O-line in the big12, and Ne hasnt really presured anyone, what makes you believe with such confidence that you will be able to this week?

It's ok Gabbert will be throwing the ball to receivers perfectly blanketed in man to man coverage. Gabberts going to have at least 2 interceptions. :)

The funny thing is MU lives on the fact that our 5 or 6 is better than yours. If you turn you backs in man, we will run on you. You try to double moe or egnew, then jackson or kemp beats your 3rd or 4th best.

it will be interesting. The single biggest factor in last years game was the ability of NE to put immediate presure on Gabbert.

And this is why I hate mizzou fans you guys talk more crap then anyone else in the big12. Just mad becuzz the big 10 didnt want you :LOLtartar still think you guys beat us in 98 lmao when it was a catch

I hate this thread. We have one loss, which was due to dropped passes. Should be two undefeated teams playing this weekend and to have a thread saying why we will lose is crazy. As smart as Husker fans are about football, stats etc, we shouldent be creating threads of why we will lose. I think this game will be the turning point with our home field woes. I think it's a close game, either a shoot out or defensive battle. This will be our a

OU game like last year. Not many of us expected Ne to win, but we did and we kept on rolling after. The crowd should be a huge helping factor. The only thing that scares about Ne is we never seem to keep trying if we get behind early. Kinda feel we need a leader to always tellthe team to keep playing hard no matter what. Crazy things happen. If Ne plays a offensive game like last week and the D can just play solid and make tackles etc we should win by 14. Also the refs need to call a fair game too. I know we are leaving the big 12, but don't hold it against us on the field.

In conclusion, I can't wait for this game to start! Wish it was a night game, but whatever. My prediction if nebraska plays at full potential.....Ne-55 Mu-20. Oh yea!!!

A&M has not lost to an unranked team. Nebraska has.

Are you saying A&M's defense is better than Nebraska's because of how they performed against one team?

No, I'm certainly not saying that. While we all know that transitive results are not indicative of future results, they do provide some information on the relative strength of various teams. Texas A&M and OSU played a close game. Nebraska and OSU played a close game. Missouri blew out Texas A&M. While that does not mean that Missouri is going to blow out Nebraska, it does lead one to believe that Missouri might be the stronger team of the two.

But, you beat an Oklahoma team that shouldn't have been number one in the first place and you beat them at home in a night game. Oklahoma drove down the field twice on Missouri and failed to score touchdowns because of their own mistakes. Oklahoma probably wins that game 8 or 9 times out of 10.

Wow. OU failed to score touchdowns because of their own mistakes and Missouri had nothing to do with that? Okay. And what about Missouri's turnovers? I guess those didn't have anything to do with Missouri either and did not have an impact on that game. Lots of wishful thinking and not a whole lot of solid analysis with your statements here.

They were also minutes away from losing to a DII school and didn't look overly impressive in the non-conference.

Huh?

Are you saying A&M's defense is better than Nebraska's because of how they performed against one team?

No, I'm certainly not saying that. While we all know that transitive results are not indicative of future results, they do provide some information on the relative strength of various teams. Texas A&M and OSU played a close game. Nebraska and OSU played a close game. Missouri blew out Texas A&M. While that does not mean that Missouri is going to blow out Nebraska, it does lead one to believe that Missouri might be the stronger team of the two.

But, you beat an Oklahoma team that shouldn't have been number one in the first place and you beat them at home in a night game. Oklahoma drove down the field twice on Missouri and failed to score touchdowns because of their own mistakes. Oklahoma probably wins that game 8 or 9 times out of 10.

Wow. OU failed to score touchdowns because of their own mistakes and Missouri had nothing to do with that? Okay. And what about Missouri's turnovers? I guess those didn't have anything to do with Missouri either and did not have an impact on that game. Lots of wishful thinking and not a whole lot of solid analysis with your statements here.

They were also minutes away from losing to a DII school and didn't look overly impressive in the non-conference.

Huh?

Will you be around if MU loses on Saturday? Or will you be like the folks last year that showed up prior to the game, talked big, and never returned?

We'll be here regardless.

Huh?

Will you be around if MU loses on Saturday? Or will you be like the folks last year that showed up prior to the game, talked big, and never returned?

I'll be around. Am I out of line for thinking that Missouri might be the better team based upon what I have seen so far this year? Why do you say I am "talking big"?

Huh?

I'll be around. Am I out of line for thinking that Missouri might be the better team based upon what I have seen so far this year? Why do you say I am "talking big"?

not at all, its what the board if for, but expect good arguments here, remember where you are at. ;)

Huh?

I didn't say you talked big. Are you projecting?

Just think how lucky we are to have a freshman rocket ship at qb who is tearing things up. With our defense being just mortal this year we'd be three TD underdogs to Missou if Bo/SW hadn't had the guts to start a freshman over a returning senior. FULL & complete kudos to both of them for that.

Everything rides on Tmart assuming our wrs don't totally sabotage him again (Texas). He's the difference maker that Missou can't compete with. Their traitor qb is a very good one but he's not in the same galaxy as Tmart running the ball. Due to his outrageous Crouch-run skills he doesn't have to be Tom Brady throwing the ball as our wrs will frequently be WIDE OPEN.

It's a lot to ask of freshman but he saved our bacon last week when Okie State simply ran over our defense. I think he's up to the task. We'll see....

Just think how lucky we are to have a freshman rocket ship at qb who is tearing things up. With our defense being just mortal this year we'd be three TD underdogs to Missou if Bo/SW hadn't had the guts to start a freshman over a returning senior. FULL & complete kudos to both of them for that.

Everything rides on Tmart assuming our wrs don't totally sabotage him again (Texas). He's the difference maker that Missou can't compete with. Their traitor qb is a very good one but he's not in the same galaxy as Tmart running the ball. Due to his outrageous Crouch-run skills he doesn't have to be Tom Brady throwing the ball as our wrs will frequently be WIDE OPEN.

It's a lot to ask of freshman but he saved our bacon last week when Okie State simply ran over our defense. I think he's up to the task. We'll see....

I agree with everything that you just said. :thumbs

Texas as been ranked twice during the season there buddy so calm down and Texas didn't beat Nebraska, Nebraska beat Nebraska.

Texas A&M was getting a lot of attention during the off season as a team to watch but quite frankly they have been a HUGE bust this year. Look at their schedule all of their wins have come agianst very poor opponents Stephen Austin, Louisiana Tech, Florida International, and Kansas. They came close to beating OSU and Arkansas and got manhandled by Mizzou. Quite frankly Texas A&M isn't a good team right now.

OU has been a huge question mark this season. Barely beating Utah State at home and Cinncinati on the road but yet blowing out Florida State at home which doesn't make any sense. I will agree that I didn't think OU deserve to be #1 because I believe that Oregon and Auburn are the true undefeated BCS teams to worry about at this moment and OU has struggled in games they should've won easily.