Is Mizzou a primarily passing or running team?

Mizzou is decent on offense but lack the game breakers that Okie Lite had. Gabbert hasa cannon for an arm but they have no Justin Blackmon or Kendall Hunter(the best back that NU will see this year). The pace that Mizzou plays with is slower, however after watching this tape they may crank it up a bit.

OSU is probably the most complete offense out there that NU has/will play. The pace that ehy play with is a bear to try to defend. It is mismatch with personel waiting to happen.

Mizzou will use their jet sweeps to try to get outside and use all their screens as a running game. They will probably try their hand at running it right at NU as the last two teams have successfully.

Here's the thing about Missouri. I don't know about their stats against Oklahoma last night, but even in their most dire moments of needing to run the football, they still pass. In their bowl game against Navy last year, Navy played one down linemen at one point and Missouri was STILL passing the ball. Expect to see them throwing the ball with Gabbert still quite a bit.

Also, Missouri made it down to the Oklahoma two yard line a couple of times last night and had to settle for a field goal at one point. I think Oklahoma didn't come prepared to play and I think Missouri played the best game of their school's history. This week doesn't bode well for them coming off of a big win like that.

Here's the thing about Missouri. I don't know about their stats against Oklahoma last night, but even in their most dire moments of needing to run the football, they still pass. In their bowl game against Navy last year, Navy played one down linemen at one point and Missouri was STILL passing the ball. Expect to see them throwing the ball with Gabbert still quite a bit.

Also, Missouri made it down to the Oklahoma two yard line a couple of times last night and had to settle for a field goal at one point. I think Oklahoma didn't come prepared to play and I think Missouri played the best game of their school's history. This week doesn't bode well for them coming off of a big win like that.

You might take a look at last nights stats then, Missouri ran 39 times for 178 yards against OU, compared to 42 passes. And on first down, Missouri ran 18 times for 102 yards, and threw 19 times. If they can keep that balance, we're in trouble.

Does Mizzou run the no huddle offense then? I was reading Huskerextra and there was a quote by Hagg stating "I was just thanking God our offense was making plays," defensive back Eric Hagg said of the Nebraska defense's struggles, especially before halftime."They were moving fast," Hagg said of Oklahoma State's hurry-up attack, "and we got kind of tired." (Huskerextra, Sipple, Steve, Oct. 24th 2010) Link: http://my.journalstar.com/post/Husker_Extra_Group/Husker_Extra/blog/final_thoughts_4.html

Does Mizzou run the no huddle offense then? I was reading Huskerextra and there was a quote by Hagg stating "I was just thanking God our offense was making plays," defensive back Eric Hagg said of the Nebraska defense's struggles, especially before halftime."They were moving fast," Hagg said of Oklahoma State's hurry-up attack, "and we got kind of tired." (Huskerextra, Sipple, Steve, Oct. 24th 2010) Link: http://my.journalstar.com/post/Husker_Extra_Group/Husker_Extra/blog/final_thoughts_4.html

Yeah, that didn't need to be printed. <_< Mizzou did run some no-huddle last night and if I was Mizzou I'd run it the entire game on us. Our guys can't get into position and do their jobs with the no-huddle from what I heard on the radio yesterday. Give us time to scheme and substitute and you've got problems.

They usually favor the pass, but look for them to come out running against us, duh, we can't defend the run (at least on paper). Missouri loves using screen plays, quick slant patterns and zone read schemes a lot, all things that NU matches up against greatly. Their offense is still really potent, though, and will give us it's best shot.

You might take a look at last nights stats then, Missouri ran 39 times for 178 yards against OU, compared to 42 passes. And on first down, Missouri ran 18 times for 102 yards, and threw 19 times. If they can keep that balance, we're in trouble.

As I said in my post, I don't know about their stats from Oklahoma, but they are primarily a passing football team and have (more often than not) shown the world that they will often pass even when they should run the football. One game doesn't change the fact that they have still shown tendencies of doing so this year AND did it in the bowl game last year.

They usually favor the pass, but look for them to come out running against us, duh, we can't defend the run (at least on paper). Missouri loves using screen plays, quick slant patterns and zone read schemes a lot, all things that NU matches up against greatly. Their offense is still really potent, though, and will give us it's best shot.

Will we run the Peso against them or will we go with the Dime package primarily? I'm still learning about football as I spent my whole life playing hockey. Thanks.

Yes they had success running on Boomer, but so did Air Force(I know they run the option and blah blah), Florida St. out rushed them in a loss, and Cincy averaged 5 yards against them. This isn't the usual stout Boomer defense.

However what was interesting was Mizzou would have the ball inside the one, and still be in the gun, it cost them in the fourth and they had to settle for a FG. Any team right now would be foolish not to attempt to pound it up the gut against NU, something that the last few weeks have proven to be obtainable. But there is no Kendall Hunter in Mizzou's backfield.

Again this will depend on ball security and tackling. Boomer gave the game away in the first half, when they twice turned the ball over in the redzone. And last year at Columbia was one of the finest displays of open field tackling the NU has had in a while.

Do the basic things and NU is easily a 14 point victor.

Will we run the Peso against them or will we go with the Dime package primarily? I'm still learning about football as I spent my whole life playing hockey. Thanks.

We will run Peso. If you ask me, Missouri was the primary reason Bo went to the Peso scheme, since we play them every year.

make no mistake about it, mizzou is a throwing team. they were able to run last night because ou did not do two things: 1)show up to play 2)at least respect the run a little bit (which is something you have to do always, even if the team doesn't run)

this nebraska defense is made to stop missouri's offense. mizzou likes to throw slants and bubble screens, ou took that away last night so mizzou ran and threw deep. nu will take away slants and screens for the most part if they actually figure out to wrap up, and the deep throws simply will not be there because they do NOT have blackmon. they'll get a decent number of yards on the ground, but not enough to rely on