Taylor's Passing Abilities

How exciting that Taylor will, barring injury or any other circumstance, be the first quarterback to start two consecutive years since 2006. We've had Taylor, Keller (Ganz at the end of the season, only to injury), Ganz, Lee, Martinez up to this point. Hopefully the next three years are "Martinez, Martinez, Martinez" :)

That's debatable... Zac Taylor was pretty legit, and let's not forget Joey Ganz. And of course, Sam Keller. :facepalm:

But, honestly, I can't comment at this point in his career, but if Tay Mart can consistently throw like he did yesterday, he'll definitely be the most COMPLETE QB Wats has ever coached.

I agree, if his passing can be as good as his running...................man the Huskers have something special with this one. Just thinking about the possibilities is insane............

Exactly. Makes me all giddy just thinking about it.

And the comment about WR's having the better game is ridiculous... they did what they were SUPPOSED to do. They caught balls that hit them in the hands (and even dropped a couple). It just seemed like they had a great game because we rarely see something like that happen.

He shows promise but still lacks in consistency and makes poor decision... both things that are typical of a freshman. He has nowhere to go but up.

No, they made some amazing grabs on some sh**ty passes. Yea, their job is to 'catch passes', but it's also the QB's job to deliver catchable passes.

The receivers did their job, plus some. To say they didn't have a really good game is ridiculous.

How exciting that Taylor will, barring injury or any other circumstance, be the first quarterback to start two consecutive years since 2006. We've had Taylor, Keller (Ganz at the end of the season, only to injury), Ganz, Lee, Martinez up to this point. Hopefully the next three years are "Martinez, Martinez, Martinez" :)

Agreed hopefully from this point forward he is more consistent in both running and passing. Can't wait to see how he plays against Mizzou.

Agreed hopefully from this point forward he is more consistent in both running and passing. Can't wait to see how he plays against Mizzou.

Love the sig pic Ziebol.

Martinez can definitely pass the ball. And just to clarify, I believe Watson said something along the lines of "Taylor has the potential to be the best passer," so he's not there yet, although the OSU game was a great start.

I still worry that he tries to do too much. I mean that's 2 games in a row, he's tried to pass the ball while falling down. Against Texas, he was just trying to get rid of it, then got flagged for grounding. On the 3rd offensive play of the game vs OSU, he lost his footing and tried to get it to Reed who'd slipeed behind the secondary. VERY RISKY on both occasions, and it's only a matter of time before those risks really backfire. Shoot, now that I think about it, he did the same thing vs Idaho and it did backfire when their LB picked it off.

I don't doubt he will learn to just go down or at least tuck the ball in these situations. My hope is that he learns to do it starting now 'cause we cannot afford stupid turnovers that come as a result of risky plays like that.

Could be the best passer Wats has been around, but isn't there yet.

As was mentioned, that was a poor pass D so he should be able to have a good day. Hell he had 1 or 2 that should have been picked off. Their D makes those plays and this thread doesn't exist and we likely lose the game.

And the comment about WR's having the better game is ridiculous... they did what they were SUPPOSED to do. They caught balls that hit them in the hands (and even dropped a couple). It just seemed like they had a great game because we rarely see something like that happen.

He shows promise but still lacks in consistency and makes poor decision... both things that are typical of a freshman. He has nowhere to go but up.

What about the two picks that we definately should have made but dropped? And, now it exists again.