Why I like our chances this week

I like our chances because of what we saw offensively. Seriously, Taylor throws nice ball, and the receivers catching them finally, Wats FINALLY opening up the book, combine that with Taylor's legs, this is going to be a very tough off to stop down the stretch. Pair that with our defense that will be fine and uh oh. By the way that was a pretty good offensive unit we saw yesterday that also did a lot of out of ordinary things.

I agree with your statement about the offense but that was last week and with Wats the only thing consistent about him is his inconsistency. I hope he can put two consecutive game plans together but he always plays so conservative in big games.

Some thoughts on the OU-MU game

OU has something like 9 true freshmen in their 2 deep on defense.

OU is around 80th in the nation in total defense.

OU is around 90th in the nation against the pass.

Couple that with a few youthfull mistakes and you have what you had yesterday; an OU team that never matched MU's intensity and one that was clearly outmatched experience-wise.

So you see, you almost have to take the OU-MU game with a grain of salt.

Yeah I agree with you. From the gate MU was fired up and after that kickoff return for a TD on the first play OU never could swing the momentum. This game will be very interesting, MU incorporates a lot of slot routes and screen passes. I feel if our corners can cover like they have been, except Okie Light, then we will be fine. Prince won't face a reciever like Blackmon the rest of the year so he should blanket any reciever he covers from MU. If we can get pressure on Gabbert he will crumble. That will be the key to winning, put pressure on Gabbert so he's not having all the time in the pocket to make a play.

Couple that with a few youthfull mistakes and you have what you had yesterday; an OU team that never matched MU's intensity and one that was clearly outmatched experience-wise.

Yeah I agree with you. From the gate MU was fired up and after that kickoff return for a TD on the first play OU never could swing the momentum. This game will be very interesting, MU incorporates a lot of slot routes and screen passes. I feel if our corners can cover like they have been, except Okie Light, then we will be fine. Prince won't face a reciever like Blackmon the rest of the year so he should blanket any reciever he covers from MU. If we can get pressure on Gabbert he will crumble. That will be the key to winning, put pressure on Gabbert so he's not having all the time in the pocket to make a play.

Like Schu said as well. MU gave up almost 300 yards to OU in the first half. Stoops did not do a good job of managing this game either. A hurry up in the second half was the worst thing he could have done IMO. Like I was implying, don't drink the MU koolaid quite yet.

I love how a week ago, everyone realizes how overrated Oklahoma is. They have not been very impressive thus far this year, but suddenly they are crowned #1 by the BCS and everyone forgets how vulnerable they really are. Missouri beats them and suddenly Missouri is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

People have forgotten how good we really are. We are a top 5 team and everyone will remember that after Saturday. Missouri thinks their defensive line is so great that they won't stack the box as much as they should. I expect Taylor to run wild and pass efficiently.

I love how a week ago, everyone realizes how overrated Oklahoma is. They have not been very impressive thus far this year, but suddenly they are crowned #1 by the BCS and everyone forgets how vulnerable they really are. Missouri beats them and suddenly Missouri is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

People have forgotten how good we really are. We are a top 5 team and everyone will remember that after Saturday.

Yup,oklahoma beat Airforce,Cincinnati,Utah state by a combined 8 points. I knew that they were overrated all along.

We are a top 5 team and everyone will remember that after Saturday.

You lost to unranked UT....at home. UT can't even beat ISU or UCLA.

You've got a good team, but don't try and convince anyone that you are without question a top 5 team. It will be a good game, I doubt anyone is going to dominate.

Stewart Mandel agrees with the OP:

I do respect the Tigers -- so much so that I picked them to beat Oklahoma -- and I love the Spartans' no-frills, smash-mouth offense. But do I think they'll run the table?

Actually, I'm inclined to think neither will be undefeated this time next week.

Coming off a program-defining win that coach Gary Pinkel described as "gigantic" (the Tigers hadn't beaten Oklahoma in his tenure, including Big 12 title-game blowouts in 2007 and '08), Missouri must turn around and visit No. 14 Nebraska (6-1). The Huskers shook off their Week 7 loss to Texas with a 51-41 win at Oklahoma State, in which Taylor Martinez showed that yes, he can throw (23-of-35 for 323 yards and five touchdowns). Defensively, the Huskers will present a tougher challenge for Mizzou quarterback Blaine Gabbert than did Oklahoma.

We are a top 5 team and everyone will remember that after Saturday.

You lost to unranked UT....at home. UT can't even beat ISU or UCLA.

You've got a good team, but don't try and convince anyone that you are without question a top 5 team. It will be a good game, I doubt anyone is going to dominate.

Let's not forget the MU last minute TD to beat San Diego State. Not actually a awe inspiring moment for Missou earlier this year.

We've gotta keep our mistakes to a minimum in this game. We've been making way too many mistakes in terms of fumbling the ball and being unsafe with the ball. This game is gonna be tight right down to the wire IMO. We may even see another Alex Henery field goal to win the game ala: Colorado at Nebraska.

I'm predicting

NU:28

MU:21

Last second TD by Taylor Martinez from our own 48...............

Edited by BIGREDIOWAN
I'm an idiot 52.........really!?