Big 12 suspends Eric Martin for one game

Nexus

We all know that Beebe wasn't man enough to personally call Pelini and inform him of his decision to suspend Martin. The funny thing is, Beebe actually played football in college (albeit in Walla Walla Washington), so you would think that he knows as well as anyone else about legal/illegal football hits.

It's not as though I needed another reason for why I want NU to win the Big 12 Championship, but the image of Assclown Beebe having to hand Pelini the trophy would be priceless!

Stupid play by Eric Martin. And here is why. There is no reason to deliver the hit...and it ended up hurting our team. Watch Justin Blatchford, No. 39, at the 1:38 mark of the Martin hit video. Why couldn't Martin just do what Blatchford did? He choose to lay the hit instead, and now he is out for a CRITICAL game against MU. What would have been the reaction if the refs would have choose to put a personal foul on him during the game, thus negating Niles TD return? That could have turned the whole thing toward the Cowboys. Again, not smart. It kind of reminds me of the Big 12 Championship game. Remember Larry Asante going after the horse collar on Shipley. Not smart. That set up the game winning field goal. You just can't hurt your team like that. And it didn't have to be done. Just usher Shipley out of bounds and we win the game.... need a refresher...here you go...

See the 2:54 mark. I know hits happen. And I am not even taking issue with targeting on the helmet hit. It's hard for a defender to level a hit when the player being hit is naturally going to lower his helmet in order to defend himself on most occasions. Just block the guy, don't worry about making the big hit, and move on.

I agree with most of your commentary on Martin, but the Asante comparison is utter nonsense. Asante was getting blown by and didn't know how much help he had to the outside. He was barely within reach as the receiver went past, which is why it ended up a horse collar.

Asante might have just been trying to make a play, but it's hard for me to believe he didn't realize there were other teammates on that side of the field to keep Shipley from going much farther. Either way, it really, really ticked me off. I mean, if they complete a pass or make a run or make some other kind of play and set up the field goal fine. But to give up yards on penalties like we did was tough. Kick it OB, then the horse collar. It just made me sick. Then again, I am still reliving the FSU game where it seemed like we committed several penalties and let them set up a game winner. Ironically, in that game, it was NU with the last second miracle drive engineered by Tommie. We got a timeout with one second left, but we didn't have the kicker to cash in on that chance and win the national title. Ahhhh, memories.

MOST people agree that not playing within the rules constitutes "dirty" play, i.e. cheating.

Oh, OK - every person who is off sides is a "dirty" player. Gotcha. Especial if they have an N on their helmet.

You know who I really can't stand is those guys who touch the ball before it goes 10 yards on an onside kick... scum of the earth.

This whole situation makes me sick. They are going to rob a player of a game for playing hard...You only have so many college games in your career and to get one taken away for this is just sad. Sorry but its not his fault the Okie St player wasn't paying attention...Guess what you go full speed or you get hurt and that's exactly what happened here. That's the rule you learn when you start football. Don't blame someone for trying to make a play or a block. It's easy for announcers and fans to sit on there a** and say this and that but unless you have played at this level you have no clue how fast this game is really moving until you're in it and expected to make a play. Tell you what, watch some games this saturday and you will see the same thing happen over and over on almost every kickoff and nobody will be suspended. Why isn't the Okie St player suspended for going helmet to helmet on Martinez? Why does a guy who gets a DUI going 32 over the speed limit get the same suspension as Martin. Does nobody realize he could have killed someone or himself? Makes me want to puke

Take one guess on who the happiest Husker fan was when Martin's suspension was announced.

Look dikhead, I knew that it was a very good possibility given the recent outrage over any headshots. If you look at my original post, all I was doing was asking a question.

My gut told me that there was a pretty good chance that it was coming, and yes-he put the top of his helmet into the lower left side of the OSU players' facemask & that snappen his head back in a nasty way. It probably should have been flagged. Suspension? Uhhhhh, maybe-maybe not. Tough call.

You're just butthurt because your know it all attitude got beat down by the Big Texasss's decision.

• Fire 1

Blackmon gets a DUI and is speeding 32 miles per hour over the limit and gets one game. A CLEAR violation of not the Big 12 rules, but the law. I think Beebe needs to stick his meddlesome nose in this as well.

No-it wasn't a DUI. Read the story again. It may have been crooked (I have my suspicions), but he was not charged with DUI.

Take one guess on who the happiest Husker fan was when Martin's suspension was announced.

Look dikhead, I knew that it was a very good possibility given the recent outrage over any headshots. If you look at my original post, all I was doing was asking a question.

My gut told me that there was a pretty good chance that it was coming, and yes-he put the top of his helmet into the lower left side of the OSU players' facemask & that snappen his head back in a nasty way. It probably should have been flagged. Suspension? Uhhhhh, maybe-maybe not. Tough call.

You're just butthurt because your know it all attitude got beat down by the Big Texasss's decision.

uh-oh.

however, they are coached to take those 'N's' and put it right underneath their chin.... for 4 quarters. ... the team that hits the other team right there, RIGHT THERE, underneath the chin, THAT'S the team that wins the game.

I think it should be Big Texasses'