Nebraska has faced 1 Good D this year

I just noticed that Nebraska has faced some pretty poor defenses this year. In fact, the only top 50 defense that NU has gone up against kept their offense completely out of the endzone. Here are the national ranks of the defenses of Nebraska's FBS opponents:

Average Rank: 75

Interestingly enough, South Dakota State has one of the worst defenses in all of FCS (98th out of 117 FCS teams).

This is one the primary reasons why I think Saturday's game will be tough for the Cornhuskers as Missouri's defense is probably going to be able to slow down the NU offense and be able to force some turnovers. Nebraska has been awfully careless with the ball, even while playing pretty poor defenses. Missouri's opportunistic defense could be the difference in the game.

I just noticed that Nebraska has faced some pretty poor defenses this year. In fact, the only top 50 defense that NU has gone up against kept their offense completely out of the endzone. Here are the national ranks of the defenses of Nebraska's FBS opponents:

Interestingly enough, South Dakota State has one of the worst defenses in all of FCS (98th out of 117 FCS teams).

This is one the primary reasons why I think Saturday's game will be tough for the Cornhuskers as Missouri's defense is probably going to be able to slow down the NU offense and be able to force some turnovers. Nebraska has been awfully careless with the ball, even while playing pretty poor defenses. Missouri's opportunistic defense could be the difference in the game.

You have an argument about us being careless with the ball, because we are. However, your team will have to translate those turnovers into points against our defense. Good luck.

Ummm there's one little problem with your theory. You need to W A T C H the Texas game before perceive that our offense is not good. Texas did NOT keep us out of the endzone, our receivers did. If our receiver catch just 4 passes, our 13 turns into 41, on a dime, maybe take away the Hagg return we have 34, but then again, we catch balls and the running game probably opens up so maybe throw the 7 back on. Point being, the Texas and SDSU offensive performances are pure fluke and poor execution. Did we score a lot on poor defenses? well yeah, isnt that what good teams are supposed to do to inferior opposition.

And Missouri is ranked what, 38th?, in the category you used? Oooohh, that's scary.

No, what's scary is the national rank in scoring defense of NU's opponents:

Average rank: 75

And your point? Pay attention now and think about this. Nebraska slaughtered kstate, Kstate beat ucla, ucla destroyed Texas. OH but wait , whats this, texas beat nebraska. THERE IS NO LOGIC IN COLLEGE ATHLETICS. STATS DO NOT MATTER, IT'S WHY YOU PLAY THE GAME

Ummm there's one little problem with your theory. You need to W A T C H the Texas game before perceive that our offense is not good. Texas did NOT keep us out of the endzone, our receivers did. If our receiver catch just 4 passes, our 13 turns into 41, on a dime, maybe take away the Hagg return we have 34, but then again, we catch balls and the running game probably opens up so maybe throw the 7 back on. Point being, the Texas and SDSU offensive performances are pure fluke and poor execution. Did we score a lot on poor defenses? well yeah, isnt that what good teams are supposed to do to inferior opposition.

That (the bold) and poor play calling. Both were addressed last week.

Now NU justs need to "overcome" the home field advantage.

And Missouri is ranked what, 38th?, in the category you used? Oooohh, that's scary.

No, what's scary is the national rank in scoring defense of NU's opponents:

Average rank: 75

Oooooh, you're right. When you put it like that it's really really scary. Somebody needs to bring this to Bo's attention...that's unbelievable.

Gonna be a good game but that's why they play the games! Ne wins. All this stat bullshat doesn't matter. Unranked horrible teams upset top teams all the time. Who ever wants it more and plays better sat will win. In my opinion I think that's Nebraska.

Case in point Colorado against Oklahoma a few years back.