Playing time for Courtney Osborne?

Anyone know the story as to why our usual safeties PJ Smith and Ricky Thenarse got reduced playing time? I seemed as though Courtney Osborne was in the game for 95% of the defensive snaps, and he performed awesome especially for a Sophomore. Is Bo expanding Courtney's role now? And why didn't he do this earlier, was he injured or something?

Btw, Ciante Evans was insane for a True Freshman.

I'll leave it up to the coaches as it seems they are bringing him along nicely. Carl said in postgame interview that they completely changed the D this week and he told the players whoever wants to play this week make it known in practice, and these were the guys that stepped up and practiced lights out. You gotta love depth and competition

I didn't think that PJ Smith was having that bad of a year but not good either.

Thenarse has been just plain sad.

Yes, Osborne should see more time. I have watched and re-watched him lighting Gabbert up.

Cassidy looked good too.

and there was someone named Thomsen out there? #37? Who was that?

I expect him to to an extent. The only thing that makes me think they wont is that Beebe and the league office may have JUST enuff brains to know what kind of a national story it would create to suspend a Nebraska player for a hit 2 weeks in row with NO action in the previous year and a half. It's possible the National b*tchwagon would swith to the big 12.

I didn't think that PJ Smith was having that bad of a year but not good either.

Thenarse has been just plain sad.

Yes, Osborne should see more time. I have watched and re-watched him lighting Gabbert up.

Cassidy looked good too.

and there was someone named Thomsen out there? #37? Who was that?

I hadnt heard of this guy either. He recorded a sack too IIRC.

TBH this is probably good to see. If older guys like Thenarse aren't producing, it's not the worst idea in the world to see a heavier rotation of up-and-comers. We have a third of a season plus bowl practices to lay a foundation for next year. If a guy can't tackle by the second half of his senior season, you can assume it isn't about to get turned around.

Anyone know the story as to why our usual safeties PJ Smith and Ricky Thenarse got reduced playing time? I seemed as though Courtney Osborne was in the game for 95% of the defensive snaps, and he performed awesome especially for a Sophomore. Is Bo expanding Courtney's role now? And why didn't he do this earlier, was he injured or something?

Btw, Ciante Evans was insane for a True Freshman.

I was just about to post the same question haha

It was great that Cassidy and Osbourne playing alot yesterday. Honestly I thought before the season the Cassidy would see more time than he has. What the heck was Thomsen doing in their???? I actually had to look at the roster because I had no idea why he would be out their, but he didnt do too bad. Why wasnt Ankrah or Williams in their more. I know Williams came in certain situations like when we lined up Meredith at LB.

But anyway Cassidy, Osbourne, and Thomsen all held their own and did a fine job yesterday.