Just When You Thought Missouri Couldn't Get More Classless

HUSKERCR

Didn't see anything too terribly wrong with the article. Yeah, Bernie is a jerk, but he is a Missouri fan and if things had gone the other way, there would be NU fans doing the same thing (although I don't think it would be Tom Shatel of the Omaha World Herald).

I like the whole comparison thing he does when he states that Nebraska hadn't won any Big XII Championships and National Championships in a set period of time. I don't think he realizes that in that same period of time, Missouri didn't win a Big XII Championships or National Titles. Hypocritical.

But he is a fan. And sometimes fans overreact.

Let me try to clear some things up.

Tigernuts and Fro have an agenda. Their agenda is to convince us that

there is no significant difference between the Missouri fan base and Nebraska's.

This appeals to a minority of Husker posters who just want to be liked and accepted

by our football opponents. They need love. Personally, it makes me throw up

in my mouth....

I unequivocally reject their thesis based on 12 years experience living in Missouri. I'm also a

graduate of a Missouri University. The difference (on average) is night and day.

Want proof? Just go over to the Tigerboard and see how our posters are treated.

Ask any NU fans that have attended games in beautiful Columbia MO how they were treated.

Ask a Kansas fan how classy Mizzou fans are. Read some of the colorful commentary produced

by Bernie M., the sports writer for the largest newspaper in Missouri. Finally, watch the

reaction of the MU apologists when someone disagrees with them. No more mister nice guy!

Are there bad NU fans? Sure. Are there good MU fans? Of course.

Just like all Nazis weren't bad. Does that make them "just like us"?

Heck no!! Nebraska fans really are something special. Don't be afraid to make that point.

Ask the Missouri fans who just attended the game. I didn't see a single instance of harrassment.

In Columbia, after they win, it's a VERY different story. Trust me on that.

At least the Missouri apologists know what they're trying to do.

The Husker softheaded "we are all the same kum-bye-yah" crowd haven't a clue.

Mizzou is the psycho hose-beast ex-girlfriend we're looking at in our rear view mirror as we drive away.

read the aricle, have not read any previous posts. I have no problem with this article. He took shots at Nebraska for a couple of hits, as Nebraska writer woulda done if the roles reversed. Had some good things to say about our coaches and the job they did. He complained of a missed Pass interference and facemask-tho i dont know why they are complaining about the facemask on Gabbert at the goal, what was you gonna do? get the ball another 1/4" closer to the goal line, serioulsy. Overall a decent read. One things i will give him major props for is when he has things to say about some Nebraska fans he refers to them as a few knuckleheads or one guy or a few people. He doesnt use a few bad apples to characterize our whole fan base as a lot idiot writers in this conference do.