Video of Osborne's Hit / Blown Call

epocSoN

To my recollection the refs never came out after the hit and said "After further review..."

Maybe I am wrong, but who knows. On TV they just came back to the next play, never addressed that they reviewed it or anything. Also, when have they ever gone to commercial during a play being reviewed?

The play was reviewed and I'm pretty certain that I remember the ref coming out and facing west like they usually do to address the call, but his mic wasn't on and we never heard what he said in the stadium. I also thought it was kind of strange that he came out before the TV timeout was over, because I remember looking over and seeing the guy with his orange glove still out signaling that they weren’t even back from commercial yet.

Gabbert clearly was not defenseless. Osborne ran straight at him, face-to-face. Their facemasks touched but Osborne did not "initiate contact against an opponent with the crown (top) of his helmet." The whole forward progress thing makes no sense whatsoever and is extremely fishy... Makes you wonder...

what I want to know is why was gabbert in that next play. the trainers came out to look at him and he got worked on so that means that he has to sit out at least one play. they didnt have any time outs to call so he can be in on that following play. plus I didnt know that forward progress can be called on a sack???

Who called the timeout? Because we still had all three of ours and they were already all out of timeouts. I'm confused on how the game was stopped.

tv time out

what I want to know is why was gabbert in that next play. the trainers came out to look at him and he got worked on so that means that he has to sit out at least one play. they didnt have any time outs to call so he can be in on that following play. plus I didnt know that forward progress can be called on a sack???

He only has to come out if it was an injury time out, since his injury occured at the same as a tv time out (inbetween secnd and thid down) he does not have to come out of the game.

Very fishy indeed...if we see more of these type of atrocious calls...we have every right to start questioning the authorities of the Big 12...considering conspiracy theories...keep in mind...theories can be proven true when facts, logic, and enough evidence are present. If we can somehow prove the Big 12 is screwing us...it isn't a theory anymore. I hope these BS calls don't keep accumulating....did you hear Bo in the postgame presser!? A reporter mentioned the fumble call and he even stated, in a joking manner, to call the Big 12 committee and ask about the fumble call. I thought that was pretty funny. Yet, it seems to me that Bo might know something we don't know...eh...tough to decipher..

Can we get a petition to have Ed Cunningham no longer call the Nebraska Cornhusker games? I would love to start one and get it signed.

Was JUST going to post this. It's getting out of hand. How cool would it be for NU to gather signatures of Husker fans who will boycott an ABC/ESPN broadcast if Cunningham is assigned to the game. He might as well openly root for our opponent; it would actually be easier to take.

go to abc website and start emailing them. i did it back in the late 90's over something and they kept passing the buck up the chain of command until i got ine back wanting to know how i got his email address. if nothing else it just annoys them.

I emailed espn over it, including links to a video of hit and wording of the rules (with link). This is the coment I got back

Thank you for your e-mail.

We appreciate you taking the time to write and share your thoughts with us. We have shared your comments with the appropriate personnel for their review and consideration.

Sincerely,

Hector

ESPN Viewer Response

seems like a pretty canned response.

Yeah, that was the same response I got last week when I questioned the manhood of their air team and suggest they would be more at home announcing ballroom dancing, synchronized swimming, pocket pool, or sausage swallowing.

ESPN3.com it is on the internet. you look up replays for college football, full games and current action on there.

I don't think you realize how espn3 works. It is not available to everyone. It depends on who your internet provider is. If you have Cox Communications or Time Warner (if you get both cable and internet) you get espn3, but if you have Qwest like mentioned above, no espn3 for you unless you are on a college campus or military base. I'm sure Qwest and Disney will figure something out before too long.

ESPN3.com it is on the internet. you look up replays for college football, full games and current action on there.

I don't think you realize how espn3 works. It is not available to everyone. It depends on who your internet provider is. If you have Cox Communications or Time Warner (if you get both cable and internet) you get espn3, but if you have Qwest like mentioned above, no espn3 for you unless you are on a college campus or military base. I'm sure Qwest and Disney will figure something out before too long.

If you have uverse tv only package you can also get it. I have uverse for TV and a company paid RR biz line. I discovered this a few weeks ago which made me a happy camper. You just need to log in with your credentials.

Wow, look at his head relative to the rest of his body-- it stays put, he doesn't lower it, if anything he turns it away at the last second. That is just a friggin tackle! It's even cleaner looking than I remember it through my viewfinder :)

Reminds me of Demario Williams a little bit there...

I watched the game on DVR last night and they didn't show the official coming out and announcing that Gabbert's forward progress had been stopped, third down. They did announce it, the TV coverage just missed it, and inexplicably didn't comment on it.

That's the biggest complaint/question I have. What freakin forward progress was Gabbert making? If there was any "forward progress" stopped it was when Courtney plastered Gabbert to the ground.