Courtney Osborne's hit on Gabbert has been sent to Big 12 for review?

Nexus

Wow so much negativity. Im pretty sure if one of the Mizzou players delivered a hit like that on Taylor or Helu, a majority of posters would be saying why isn't Pelini sending this to the big12.

Watch the highlight video on huskers.com, The second play shown is Niles Paul getting a Helmet-to-helmet hit after his first reception. Nobody seems concerned about that.

My link

Wow so much negativity. Im pretty sure if one of the Mizzou players delivered a hit like that on Taylor or Helu, a majority of posters would be saying why isn't Pelini sending this to the big12.

Watch the highlight video on huskers.com, The second play shown is Niles Paul getting a Helmet-to-helmet hit after his first reception. Nobody seems concerned about that.

My link

This is exactly why the shrinking XXII needs to keep a high standard for suspending.

I'm telling you, I won't be surprised one bit if he's suspended. Beebe set a precedent and he's going to have to uphold it.

The key word in Martin's suspension was the word "flagrant." If they think Osborne's hit was flagrant, he'll sit.

Random thoughts...

*Osborne should be suspended..... for his helmet to helmet hit on Dennard! this suspension is made even more obvious by the fact that Dennard sustained a concussion which clearly shows there was an intent to injure. Osborne is just a head hunting punk!

*It was a "flagrant" fumble. Does that get reviewed?

*How is it Mizzou finds a way to whine about a hit on their QB for a 2nd year in a row when it was OUR guy who got knocked out for half the game?

*Their DL went at TMart's legs when he was taken out-- it was a blatent intent to injure i tell you!!

*Good thing Asante graduated before this year. He'd have missed most of the season.

*Good thing Suh graduated before this year, too. Pefect target for the Big 12's little anti-tackle-football campaign.

*Who does the Big 12 target next? Allen? Crick? David? Prince? Burkhead?

:throwdabones1:

And from the picture you posted earlier, it sure looks like Osborne's head is pointed downward. Of course, no official is going to be able to see this in real time.

His head isn't "pointing downwards" so much as his body is leaning forward and his head/neck are inline with the angle of his body.

maybe he should have just run at Gabbert with a straightened back.

Or better yet, avoid any remote contact with Gabbert's helmet and just go at his legs. That would clearly be a better way to avoid concussions. Of course Gabberts career might be over from a knee injury, but hey, that's not the popular injury of the day anyway.

Skimmed through the 3 pages and didn't see it mentioned, and sorry if this was. I don't see how a suspension will happen. Gabbert clearly crouched just prior to impact, just as Osbourne committed to the tackle. There's none of this "targeting, blah blah blah, crown" involved at all. Just a case of Gabbert instinctually wanting to strike a fetal position pose upon seeing his soon to be fate. Gabbert wasn't defenseless, saw what was about to happen and reacted resulting in the helmets striking each other. He's equally responsible.

Anyways...no way a suspension will be involved. Ehhh...I hope. :facepalm:

And from the picture you posted earlier, it sure looks like Osborne's head is pointed downward. Of course, no official is going to be able to see this in real time.

His head isn't "pointing downwards" so much as his body is leaning forward and his head/neck are inline with the angle of his body.

maybe he should have just run at Gabbert with a straightened back.

Or better yet, avoid any remote contact with Gabbert's helmet and just go at his legs. That would clearly be a better way to avoid concussions. Of course Gabberts career might be over from a knee injury, but hey, that's not the popular injury of the day anyway.

I didn't say that...

Gray Pinkel is a Tool, and if Osborne gets suspended I will drive to Dallas find Dan Beebe and kick him square in the crotch.

WAYYYY too girly.

(Probably breaking some sort of Husker Man law) <_<

At least leave your feets and show him a proper headbutt..

Maybe grab his BeeBe's ....and rip if you still want to get all bar-fighty on him.

They used to tell you to tackle the QB high and wrap your arms around him so he cannot dump the ball off.

Has this now changed?

Boys boys boys!

I'm sure Coach Pinkel meant his filing in the best possible way.

After all, we really can't impune the motives of our opponents, can we?

We also need to be sensitive to the feelings of our longtime Missouri posters,

who might think poorly of us for our harsh words regarding Coach Pinkel.

Let's just all try to get along and take whatever suspensions Mr. Beebe

sees fit to impose on the Huskers without question. After all, he is the Big 12

Commissioner and I'm sure will do the right thing.

I can't say I understand why Pinkle would send the video for review.

1. There is nothing clear cut about it.

2. Gabbert is fine.

3. He won't be facing the Huskers again anytime soon.

It's over with.....move on.

If we lose anymore games MU wins the division, and probably the conference.....and goes to a bcs bowl.