Martinez, Lee both out?

Schu

All I can say is if Green starts tomorrow, I will come on here after the 'W' and make a thread simply named "Crow Eating Doubters" and I would like it if every person in this thread that in anyway implied Cody Green MIGHT not be good enough to win, would simply post in the thread "I was stupid for saying what I said."

Seriously... you people that were screaming for Cody to start last year are now claiming he may not have what it takes to beat a shotty Iowa State team that is still fighting for bowl eligibility?

And the purpose of this rant is....?

You can do that if you want. But to be honest I have gone through this thread and from what I see no one has said we are going to loose because Cody was in the game. So yeah.......

Even with Martinez at full speed it could be a tough game. You all seemed to forget here that Iowa State beat Texas (in Austin), a team the handled Nebraska (easily I might add) at home.

ISU takes great pride in beating Nebraska and every generation or so they prove. I recall, when I was at Ames in the fall of 76 and 77, two back to back victories.

I am a huge Rex and Plano Senior backer (he is not from Plano East like the idiot on ABC has said the last two weeks), but I still have that little tug in my heart back to the days of yore.

Even with Martinez at full speed it could be a tough game. You all seemed to forget here that Iowa State beat Texas (in Austin), a team the handled Nebraska (easily I might add) at home.

ISU takes great pride in beating Nebraska and every generation or so they prove. I recall, when I was at Ames in the fall of 76 and 77, two back to back victories.

I am a huge Rex and Plano Senior backer (he is not from Plano East like the idiot on ABC has said the last two weeks), but I still have that little tug in my heart back to the days of yore.

"Handled"? Don't think so. Although TX played a solid game, Nebraska beat themselves with mental errors; 3 or 4 dropped passes for TD's that should have been gimmes.

The knock on Taylor at the beginning of the year is that he is a mess of nerves. I don't think that's totally in the past tense just yet either.

Taylor Martinez? A mess of nerves? Have you actually seen him play?

Yeah...

Taylor's done very well at times, but the 'cool, calm, collected' stuff is coach speak supporting him and not much more. That's why at other times he just goes on cold streaks (or Texas). And the reason the staff has had to simplify reads and progressions for him - areas he's come along in I suppose, but you still see the times when a pass play breaks down and he panics. Even in the Missouri game.

I think you may be focusing on the highlights/news articles rather than the full body of his work. It's alright that he's a mess of nerves, frankly...he's pretty new to what will be asked of him at this position and he is just a freshman.

FWIW, Sean Callahan has reported that only Cody Green and Latravis Washington are out on the field warming up, no signs of T-Magic or Lee yet.

Sean_Callahan Sean Callahan Only quarterbacks on the field right now for Nebraska are Cody Green and LaTravis Washington. We didn't see Lee or Martinez warming up.

He updated it and said that Magic was out running now, but didn't say if he was limping or not. We'll see I guess.

FWIW, Sean Callahan has reported that only Cody Green and Latravis Washington are out on the field warming up, no signs of T-Magic or Lee yet.

Sean_Callahan Sean Callahan Only quarterbacks on the field right now for Nebraska are Cody Green and LaTravis Washington. We didn't see Lee or Martinez warming up.

He updated it and said that Magic was out running now, but didn't say if he was limping or not. We'll see I guess.

He said running gingerly