Martinez, Lee both out?

Schu

Sipple just accidentally let slip that Cody is starting tomorrow over the radio, or so posters on cyclonefanatic are saying. Anyone else catch this? Apparently he got a text or something and said it, when he wasn't supposed to.

Sean Callahan said that Sipple did not say that FWIW.

But, at the same time the rumors are flying about Lee and they aren't good. :facepalm:

hell no... i'm not gonna beat around the bush....

we need TM or ZL to win... sure we could win with CG but the guy is gonna be a mess of nerves and most likely suck.. we might win inspite of CG is we win at all......

so i'm not really down with whats going on but lets not kid ourselves we need someone at the QB position who gives us more thn just a chance to win

The knock on Taylor at the beginning of the year is that he is a mess of nerves. I don't think that's totally in the past tense just yet either.

I think we'll see some good things from Green, but like Taylor, he is a work in progress. I think he is farther along as a QB, but productivity wise, his shortcomings won't be as effectively masked by game-breaking runs the way Taylor's are.

ISU doesn't have that great of a D, no better than teams we've ran-up big scores on. Now that we started tackling again our D shouldn't give-up many points. We don't need stellar O, just decent. Get away from the horizontal passing-attack. That is a pick-six waiting to happen with CG in there. Run 2/3 of the time, maybe use some wildcat with Burkhead, but don't be afraid to go vertical, especially to Reed. One quick-strike can go far, it helps keep the D honest, and a picked long-ball isn't much different than a punt. Hope can continue to avoid fumbles like last week.