Martinez, Lee both out?

Schu

Its a big deal to me and BigRedIowan. We live with these f'ers and i think we just want to put them away and be done with them forever. If this rumor has any wheels which i believe it does, were so f'ing f'd. Green cant hold onto the ball long enough anymore to make any serious progress. Hopefully he just handsoff to the backs and thats the most he does tomorrow. I am alot more nervious then i was before.

i do not get this. why is green known for fumbling and the rest of the team is not? the team has fumbled 26 times, were those all by green? the team has a fumbling problem, yet green is the only one we hold this against. t-mart has fumbled the ball plenty of times and they usually kill the drive.

so no, i personally do not think we are so 'f'ing f'd' and i am not more 'nervious (sic) then (sic) i was before'.

Yes we have fumbling problems, but the last few times green was in and he had the ball he fumbled. Your not nervious, you should be. Iowa State has the ability to create the upset to us. Theyve only beaten us 18 times, but now many of those were upsets when we were highly ranked. I understand if you want to sugar coat things but honestly every once in a while this team gets us while were not looking. Coach Rhoads is a good coach and he has the emotional motovation to get those boys going. I only hope im wrong, i pray to god im wrong.

Its a big deal to me and BigRedIowan. We live with these f'ers and i think we just want to put them away and be done with them forever. If this rumor has any wheels which i believe it does, were so f'ing f'd. Green cant hold onto the ball long enough anymore to make any serious progress. Hopefully he just handsoff to the backs and thats the most he does tomorrow. I am alot more nervious then i was before.

i do not get this. why is green known for fumbling and the rest of the team is not? the team has fumbled 26 times, were those all by green? the team has a fumbling problem, yet green is the only one we hold this against. t-mart has fumbled the ball plenty of times and they usually kill the drive.

so no, i personally do not think we are so 'f'ing f'd' and i am not more 'nervious (sic) then (sic) i was before'.

I think it's more of a "fumble per touch" ratio with Green. Twice this season he's come in and fumbled on the first play. As a team, our fumbling has gone down steadily as the season progressed (last week, 0 fumbles & 0 turnovers). Wally Burnham (DC for ISU) has always had defenses that produce turnovers. When he was at USF (I live in Tampa) they always got a ridiculous amount of turnovers.

That said, whoever starts, I'll be cheering just like always.

GO BIG RED!!!!!!

Well, the upside is that Green's getting a real-deal shot to be a relevant part of the BigRedMachine. We'll see how he reacts but a guy would think him knowing he's all we got would relax his play a little.

It would be great if he hacks it as we'll then have two proven qbs in the Big10 for the next two years. Maybe it will work out for the best!

I think it's more of a "fumble per touch" ratio with Green. Twice this season he's come in and fumbled on the first play. As a team, our fumbling has gone down steadily as the season progressed (last week, 0 fumbles & 0 turnovers). Wally Burnham (DC for ISU) has always had defenses that produce turnovers. When he was at USF (I live in Tampa) they always got a ridiculous amount of turnovers.

That said, whoever starts, I'll be cheering just like always.

GO BIG RED!!!!!!

gbr for sure. and i get the fumble per touch, good argument. my counter would be that he has not gotten enough touches to generate a fair sample size.

and for bigredpowerwagon, of course most of those games were upsets. from 1970-2000 what was the percentage of games we were favored in? almost any loss would have been an upset. i am not nervous because we have a championship caliber defense and a lot of weapons on offense. green has a ton of talent and potential, he just needs to get his head right. could the offense come out flat and we lose? yes, that is a possibility with every game. green will either have a good game or a bad game, but i think we still win if he has a bad game. we can limit our offense and still get yards and points. the only thing i am worried about is green being nervous. if he comes out loose and confident, i think we see a good game out of him.

If Cody starts, I will be crossing my fingers, eyes, legs and arms. I really can not think of a worse scenario. He fumbles nearly every time he plays. Facing a team that lives off of fumbles and turnovers. Beat us last year due to them.

I do not see a positive in this no matter how red the glasses are.

PC bull is not for me This will be the worst thing that could happen in my oppinion. I hope/pray I am wrong on this young man, but I have never felt he has the ability to be a QB at a division 1 level.

Cody Green's one start last year was for ISU, right?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Helu and Burkhead with 20 carries each.

actually it was baylor. But if cody starts im not gonna be very confident in him on making big plays. Bo will just shove it down their throats all game long. we squeak out of their with a win..... barely.

The rumor stuff is getting old fast.....................unless someone has something from a reliable source, this may be locked. I'll give it a little longer though.

If Green starts we are screwed................

You realize that with this staff the only "reliable" source we'll get is when they step on the field, right? FWIW, I've heard it reported on another premium board by a respected poster as well.

That's all fine and good, but sometimes these rumor threads can get a little ridiculous. The only thing keeping this topic open is that it is being reported on other boards, but rumors can spread fast.

At this point, the rumor is everywhere so it doesn't really matter. Coaches wanted ISU to prep for Taylor, as you could see by their comments, but obviously someone wanted to break the news about our situation. :facepalm: