Martinez, Lee both out?

Schu

HI posters are saying the same thing about Zac, shocking news to be sure.

How do you guys feel our team does if Cody does get the nod?

I think we will still be ok. The defense isnt going to give up many points. The offense should still be servicable with just straight ahead running with Helu and Burkhead. However, I am alot less confident because we all know Green is not a great manager and certainly has turnover problems. I dont even know if he can complete a simple PA pass.

HI posters are saying the same thing about Zac, shocking news to be sure.

How do you guys feel our team does if Cody does get the nod?

I think we will still be ok. The defense isnt going to give up many points. The offense should still be servicable with just straight ahead running with Helu and Burkhead. However, I am alot less confident because we all know Green is not a great manager and certainly has turnover problems. I dont even know if he can complete a simple PA pass.

This is what scares me the most. I would be TOTALLY okay with reverting back to 2009 style offense to win this game, playing ball control and field position against a vastly inferior team, athletically speaking. But can Cody even manage that kind of an offense? If he starts pressing, I'll be very worried.

Also, for what it's worth, I've seen three or four "insiders" say, matter of factly, that Green has already been given the nod.

Might as well start Donfumblous Robinson too. Maybe 9 TO's this year???? This hurts!!

Would it be possible that if Cody Green starts he knows that there really isnt anyone to come in behind him, thus he doesnt "try to hard" and fumble while trying to get the extra yard. That may be positive thinking and alot of kool-aid drinking, but i could see that being the case.

I hope you are right!! I'll be at this game and couldn't handle that ride home 2 years in a row...

C'mon Blackshirts!!!

The rumor stuff is getting old fast.....................unless someone has something from a reliable source, this may be locked. I'll give it a little longer though.

If Green starts we are screwed................

You realize that with this staff the only "reliable" source we'll get is when they step on the field, right? FWIW, I've heard it reported on another premium board by a respected poster as well.

Its a big deal to me and BigRedIowan. We live with these f'ers and i think we just want to put them away and be done with them forever. If this rumor has any wheels which i believe it does, were so f'ing f'd. Green cant hold onto the ball long enough anymore to make any serious progress. Hopefully he just handsoff to the backs and thats the most he does tomorrow. I am alot more nervious then i was before.

The rumor stuff is getting old fast.....................unless someone has something from a reliable source, this may be locked. I'll give it a little longer though.

You realize that with this staff the only "reliable" source we'll get is when they step on the field, right? FWIW, I've heard it reported on another premium board by a respected poster as well.

That's all fine and good, but sometimes these rumor threads can get a little ridiculous. The only thing keeping this topic open is that it is being reported on other boards, but rumors can spread fast.

Its a big deal to me and BigRedIowan. We live with these f'ers and i think we just want to put them away and be done with them forever. If this rumor has any wheels which i believe it does, were so f'ing f'd. Green cant hold onto the ball long enough anymore to make any serious progress. Hopefully he just handsoff to the backs and thats the most he does tomorrow. I am alot more nervious then i was before.

i do not get this. why is green known for fumbling and the rest of the team is not? the team has fumbled 26 times, were those all by green? the team has a fumbling problem, yet green is the only one we hold this against. t-mart has fumbled the ball plenty of times and they usually kill the drive.

so no, i personally do not think we are so 'f'ing f'd' and i am not more 'nervious (sic) then (sic) i was before'.

i do not get this. why is green known for fumbling and the rest of the team is not? the team has fumbled 26 times, were those all by green? the team has a fumbling problem, yet green is the only one we hold this against. t-mart has fumbled the ball plenty of times and they usually kill the drive.

so no, i personally do not think we are so 'f'ing f'd' and i am not more 'nervious (sic) then (sic) i was before'.

My biggest problem with Green is, the times he's been in the game, he hasn't shown me much other than one big run. I hope he proves me wrong if he is in fact starting tomorrow.

That's all fine and good, but sometimes these rumor threads can get a little ridiculous. The only thing keeping this topic open is that it is being reported on other boards, but rumors can spread fast.

I hear you. The "Taylor is leaving UNL to go work at Jurrassic Park" or whatever thread in August was a perfect example.