Suspension upcoming?

huKSer

i got a sick feeling in my stomach when i watched this... similar to the one i got while watching the clint malarchuk injusry or 2 guys one horse. An inch or two further and that d******d could have killed or paralyed rex. Head up by legate to not only push rex's head back down but then to push that prick off of him. Rex thanked him on the sideline after, but god, that could have been awful.

Nah wouldn't have been able to snap his neck. You need speed to beat the muscles protecting the structures. In human dissection it took several big boys in the class with a pulley system set up to snap the corpses' neck and this is without the muscle guarding (dead) and deterioration of tissues over time (I do realize rigor mortis sets in but gradually weakens over time). However rex may be a little sore and stiff for a few days...

On a similar note, did anyone catch the play by play guy use the theme word of the season 'targeting' when Osborne bumped a receiver after an incompletion? It was the LaVonte David interference play. The color guy, to his credit, diffused it by calling it a 'love tap' by his standards. Osborne even jumped, like he was bound and determined to NOT let his helmet make any contact with the ISU player.

i got a sick feeling in my stomach when i watched this... similar to the one i got while watching the clint malarchuk injusry or 2 guys one horse. An inch or two further and that d******d could have killed or paralyed rex. Head up by legate to not only push rex's head back down but then to push that prick off of him. Rex thanked him on the sideline after, but god, that could have been awful.

Nah wouldn't have been able to snap his neck. You need speed to beat the muscles protecting the structures. In human dissection it took several big boys in the class with a pulley system set up to snap the corpses' neck and this is without the muscle guarding (dead) and deterioration of tissues over time (I do realize rigor mortis sets in but gradually weakens over time). However rex may be a little sore and stiff for a few days...

That will be Beebe's explanation VERBATIM as to why there will be no reprimand. No intent to injure because 'in absence of rigor mortis, the structural muscles are too strong and will prevent the neck from breaking'.

• Fire 2

On a similar note, did anyone catch the play by play guy use the theme word of the season 'targeting' when Osborne bumped a receiver after an incompletion? It was the LaVonte David interference play. The color guy, to his credit, diffused it by calling it a 'love tap' by his standards. Osborne even jumped, like he was bound and determined to NOT let his helmet make any contact with the ISU player.

I saw that too. When the flag flew out I absolutely went crazy and was about ready to toss the TV out the window. I thought the flag was gonna be on Osborne for hitting a defenseless player, targeting crap. Then when they said it was PI on David. I was like "Ohhh" then about 15 sets of eyes just glared at me, i felt only slightly embarassed because I had about 13 beers at that point.

no question it was dirty.

he has a facebook page lets all send him messages to remind that he is dirty player.

That crap is completely uncalled for. The play is over, you got scored on deal with it and move on.

honestly, if i saw an nu player do that, i would want bo to sit him for a game.

i know an isu fan will bring up gomes tackle where aa got twisted up, but i do not think that was dirty as much as it was just an awkward tackle. they are taught to push back, no one is taught to recreate that one 'exorcist' scene.

he has a facebook page lets all send him messages to remind that he is dirty player.

That crap is completely uncalled for. The play is over, you got scored on deal with it and move on.

i know an isu fan will bring up gomes tackle where aa got twisted up, but i do not think that was dirty as much as it was just an awkward tackle. they are taught to push back, no one is taught to recreate that one 'exorcist' scene.

The only reason that tackle looked bad was bc his foot was caught under the defender. There was no way for Gomes to know his foot was caught. He was just trying to get him down.

I thought the hit Gomes had on Araund on the nonfumble looked dirty. I know gomes intent was to push back and strip the ball, but it seemed he wanted to do more than that.

But yes if an NU player did what Klein did. I would expect Bo be right in the players face chewing his butt out. Then it wouldnt surprise me if player mysteriously didnt play the next week or two.

The only reason that tackle looked bad was bc his foot was caught under the defender. There was no way for Gomes to know his foot was caught. He was just trying to get him down.

that is what i was saying. i just wanted to preempt anyone from claiming it was dirty, i thought it was just an awkward tackle. you see that a lot, especially on goal line plays, always looks ugly.

I thought the hit Gomes had on Araund on the nonfumble looked dirty. I know gomes intent was to push back and strip the ball, but it seemed he wanted to do more than that.

But yes if an NU player did what Klein did. I would expect Bo be right in the players face chewing his butt out. Then it wouldnt surprise me if player mysteriously didnt play the next week or two.

the difference is that what gomes did was part of the game, even if it looked dirty, he was doing what he was supposed to do. push back and get the guy to the ground. that play could be dirty, but maybe not. the point is that is nothing inherently dirty about it, you would have to look to intent or when the play was blown down. the other point is that what the isu player did to rex is never legal, and is never part of the game. there is no excuse for it. it is inherently illegal and dirty.