We're #5?

Zaimejs

LSU and OU will be ahead of us easily. OU was only .002 behind us, and we'll take a hit for this game. I think we'll be lucky to stay 7.

NOOOT SO FAST MY FRIEND!

Haha - no doubt. I had foolishly assumed that OU would take care of business. I can't believe they let A&M get them.

So do you really think NU is the best the second best (LSU as #1) loss team out there -- really OSU, Mich St, OU, AZ, Stanford Utah Wisconsin

Stanford -- one loss to Oregon ( yes soft schedule)

OSU Loss to Wisconsin

OU loss to Mizz and yes i know you beat Mizz

Mich St big loss to Iowa but Iowa lost to two ranked teams

Utah -- got the crap kicked out of them by top 3 team

Wisconsin lost to Mich St

That is a list of some really good teams with losses to top 10

Utah played nobody---and I mean nobody---until they played TCU and they just got curb stomped hard . . . at home. Prior to TCU, their signature win was a 27-24 OT win over a 5-3 Pittsburgh team.

Stanford hasn't played anyone of substance either, with the sole exception of Oregon . . . whom they lost to convincingly.

But even Utah and Stanford's schedules are not as bad as Ohio State's. Holy cow is that an atrocious schedule: Marshall (2-6), Miami (6-3, but in ACC), Ohio (7-3, but in MAC), Eastern Michigan (1-8), Illinois (5-4), Indiana (4-5), Wisconsin (8-1), Purdue (4-5), and Minnesota (1-9). The only team of substance there is Wisconsin . . . and they drubbed Ohio State. The rest of those teams read like a who's who of the worst teams in college football. Throw in Washington State and the list would be complete.

Oklahoma just lost to A&M, mooting that argument.

This leaves only Michigan State and Wisconsin, both of whom I think are quality programs. When Nebraska is firing on all cylinders (basically only seen it in the first half against Mizzou), I will take them over either Michigan State or Wisconsin. Otherwise, I think it's a wash.

LSU, to me, is playing good football right now and is the best one-loss team. I'd rank the teams as follows:

1. Oregon

2. Auburn

3. TCU

4. Boise State

5. LSU

6. Nebraska

7. Wisconsin

8. Michigan State

9. Stanford

10. Utah

11. Ohio State

So do you really think NU is the best the second best (LSU as #1) loss team out there -- really OSU, Mich St, OU, AZ, Stanford Utah Wisconsin

OSU Loss to Wisconsin

Utah played nobody---and I mean nobody---until they played TCU and they just got curb stomped hard . . . at home. Prior to TCU, their signature win was a 27-24 OT win over a 5-3 Pittsburgh team.

Stanford hasn't played anyone of substance either, with the sole exception of Oregon . . . whom they lost to convincingly.

But even Utah and Stanford's schedules are not as bad as Ohio State's. Holy cow is that an atrocious schedule: Marshall (2-6), Miami (6-3, but in ACC), Ohio (7-3, but in MAC), Eastern Michigan (1-8), Illinois (5-4), Indiana (4-5), Wisconsin (8-1), Purdue (4-5), and Minnesota (1-9). The only team of substance there is Wisconsin . . . and they drubbed Ohio State. The rest of those teams read like a who's who of the worst teams in college football. Throw in Washington State and the list would be complete.

This leaves only Michigan State and Wisconsin, both of whom I think are quality programs. When Nebraska is firing on all cylinders (basically only seen it in the first half against Mizzou), I will take them over either Michigan State or Wisconsin. Otherwise, I think it's a wash.

LSU, to me, is playing good football right now and is the best one-loss team. I'd rank the teams as follows:

1. Oregon

2. Auburn

3. TCU

4. Boise State

5. LSU

6. Nebraska

7. Wisconsin

8. Michigan State

9. Stanford

10. Utah

11. Ohio State

So as you stated NU has been hitting on all cylinders for 1/2 of one game this year and you are going to put them ahead of two teams -- hey NU is your team -- I just dont see it -- run defense is subject, and too many turnovers. Just dont see NU as the top 5 team in the country. But we will see, do think the win the north, a&m is looking better but not there. KU and CU just suck. Do want to see OSU NU rematch.

OSU Loss to Wisconsin

1. Oregon

2. Auburn

3. TCU

4. Boise State

5. LSU

6. Nebraska

7. Wisconsin

8. Michigan State

9. Stanford

10. Utah

11. Ohio State

So as you stated NU has been hitting on all cylinders for 1/2 of one game this year and you are going to put them ahead of two teams -- hey NU is your team -- I just dont see it -- run defense is subject, and too many turnovers. Just dont see NU as the top 5 team in the country. But we will see, do think the win the north, a&m is looking better but not there. KU and CU just suck. Do want to see OSU NU rematch.

You misunderstood what I said, which is not your fault because the way I wrote it wasn't very clear. When NU executes in both phases of the game simultaneously, we look unbeatable and can hang with Oregon, Auburn, Boise, and TCU, in my opinion. This happened during the Missouri game. I guess you could make the argument it happened against K State and Washington as well, but those teams are so-so.

I think Nebraska has played a tougher schedule than either Michigan State or Wisconsin. Michigan State became hyped only because the expectations were low. But they have only one signature win to their credit in Wisconsin. Wisconsin has two quality wins: Ohio State and Iowa. Nebraska has two: The road win over Oklahoma State and the win over Missouri. Like I said, it's a wash. Obviously I can't rank them all the same, so I give Nebraska the slight edge because I think their back-to-back wins over ranked opponents after a disappointing Texas loss speak volumes. But if you insist that Michigan State and Wisconsin go ahead of Nebraska, I won't argue to stringently I guess.

Agree that the rushing D and turnovers are concerning.

I wouldn't want to be in the BCS right now, I wouldn't want to be embarassed. Our D is set up to stop Missouri, obviously can't slow down a team that can run, and everyone in the BCS can run the ball. Without a solid T-Mart at the helm, we have no offense, and BCS teams will stop Rex in the wildcat. Just isn't our year this year.

What are u talking about????? Name one team that we wouldnt be able to compete with especially if T-Mart is at the helm..... I swear I can't stand what some people say about the team when they dont even sound like they know what they are saying

Texas. They could be 4-8, lose half their team and they'd still end up beating us. Besides that I think we would compete or beat everyone in the nation.

Texas loses again today, Missouri loses.

I think LSU jumps us for certain, TCU has pulled away as far as I am concerned. I do not think Boise can surpass them.

I would put Stanford right behind us. I do not think Michigan State or Wisconsin pass us. Nor Ohio State.

But who really cares. We need to worry about Kansas after today. A&M is getting better every game. We have to have Taylor back for that game or we are going down.

Oregon is not going to lose

Auburn, I think they lose to Bama, but will fall below all

TCU, undoubtably the best runner up to Oregon at this time

Boise State, has one game left against Nevada. So far down I doubt they can help them

LSU, has no chance as they will not be their conference champion.

Nebraska, we really do not play anyone that could move us up.

Stanford, same deal, if they don't jump us now they won't

Beyond that who cares.

We win out we will get to the Fiesta Bowl and I think that is about where we are at.

I think #6 is about right. We just got back to Minneapolis after going the the game and the wind was also a problem in this game for both teams. The only TD scored coming into the wind was at the start of the 2nd quarter and Nebraska had already moved the ball inside the 20 when they had the wind.