Survival

EZ-E

My aunt about ten years ago had a very scary accident. The doctors said that she should have died. Not, that she could have; she should have. Now do we remember that she was very fortunate to be alive? Sure. But do we dwell on it, melt down, change the way we live because we might have a serious accident like that one? Heck no. The point is that she lived and she will now be more careful but still enjoy her life the way that she pleases.

I hope you can all see what I did there. ;)

as things continue to play out today. OK sT. blows away Baylor, A&M manhandles Oklahoma, Texas/Kansas ST > :facepalm: Tech may very well hold on against Missouri. The Big 12 is completely upside down today. Did i mention Kansas over Colorado after being down 35-10 > :facepalm: I dont know whether to be happy for Turner or sad for Hawkins, it's really that bad. We should just roll with it and be happy to get out of today with a win and take the 2 spots in the bcs standings.

My aunt about ten years ago had a very scary accident. The doctors said that she should have died. Not, that she could have; she should have. Now do we remember that she was very fortunate to be alive? Sure. But do we dwell on it, melt down, change the way we live because we might have a serious accident like that one? Heck no. The point is that she lived and she will now be more careful but still enjoy her life the way that she pleases.

If I'm driving home on a relatively easy stretch of road and very nearly have a wreck due to my poor driving, I may be happy to get home safely, but I also know if I don't improve my driving, I will very likely have a bad wreck soon enough, especially on more dangerous roads. I don't just congratulate myself on my fine driving and carry on without a worry.

But yeah, once I've thought about how to learn from my near miss, I don't dwell on it forever.

Yes, we did survive today. But thats what good teams do when they have their backs against the wall. We beat them with our third string QB and playing our 3rd string CB most of the day in West. If Martinez was 100% healthy, I believe we would have controlled the game better. Where would Auburn be without Cam Newton? If they lost him due to injury (or suspension :corndance), their season is over, and they are the #1 team in the nation right now. We actually have guys who can step up (Helu/Burkhead) when Martinez goes down. Lots of teams do not have that luxury and rely on one guy to lead them to victory i.e. Michigan and Auburn. Im very happy to walk away with this win. Sometimes you just have to survive in football, and today was one of those days for us. Test passed!

• Fire 1

If I'm driving home on a relatively easy stretch of road and very nearly have a wreck due to my poor driving, I may be happy to get home safely, but I also know if I don't improve my driving, I will very likely have a bad wreck soon enough, especially on more dangerous roads. I don't just congratulate myself on my fine driving and carry on without a worry.

But yeah, once I've thought about how to learn from my near miss, I don't dwell on it forever.

:yeah See what he did there?